Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

All we have to do is come 2nd bottom out of this pack of 5 we are in. Coming 2nd bottom would be enough to be in the prem next season. Surely they can manage that?

I'd love us to finish on 49 points but the reality is most of us would take 17th place on any points. My guess to your question is 60:40 that we can manage it. If we do stay up, I have reasonable faith in our manager and most of our players to perform better next season, but I guess that's for another thread(s).

Conversely, if we go down, I hope it's not full of posters enjoying a 'told you so' attitude. It won't serve anyone well.

No supporter could enjoy us being relegated in order to say "I told you so". If Bannan isn't played again in the run in, we will be relegated. If that occurs I can say "I told you so" but I wouldn't enjoy it. I want Bannan played in the run-in so we won't be relegated.

Have you been drinking?

Conversely, if we go down, I hope it's not full of posters enjoying a 'told you so' attitude. It won't serve anyone well.

No supporter could enjoy us being relegated in order to say "I told you so". If Bannan isn't played again in the run in, we will be relegated. If that occurs I can say "I told you so" but I wouldn't enjoy it. I want Bannan played in the run-in so we won't be relegated.

Surely you're on a wind-up?

If Bannan doesn't play another game and we go down nobody is going to say you are right but its hard to understand having performed well in the wins against Reading and QPR he doesn't even figure in the squads for the last two games.

Baffling, I agree. If you were Barry Bannan, you'd be mystified.

Why bother to make any effort in training?

#1 in the league for crosses and corners. When you play the team gets more points than when you don't play. 

What else does he have to do?

In any other Premier League team he would be a consistent starter - that is what he will be thinking. 

Why bother to train any more, just wait for the summer and another PL team will come for me. Fck Villa, if they want to be relegated by not playing Bannan so be it.

Any other PL team? Hahaha. Barry bannan, starter for united. Starter for Chelsea. Starter for arsenal.

I'm laughing out loud on the train and getting proper funny looks.

EDIt: and your last comment proves you're not a villa fan. 'Fck villa' if 'they' go down by not playing bannan.

Jog on.

Edited by StefanAVFC

You are officially the most ridiculous poster on VT ever.

When you get your tongue out of Bannan's Guinness-stained arse, you might see he isn't actually the 'Scottish Messi' he was rumoured to be.

(IMO of course)

:D

The Scottish "Iniesta" not the Messi. Distinct difference.

The imitations are never as good as the original. I expect that. The Belgian Ronaldo - Mirallas - isn't as good as Ronaldo, but you can understand why he has that nickname, and he is looking like a PL standard player.

Was this merged with the Barry Bannan thread?

Back on topic, if you want some perspective go check in on the forums for other teams deep in the sheeeet.  Here's a bit of a summary.

Wigan (it was hard finding an active message board): Probably can't do it again this year as they don't have anyone that can pull some magic out of nowhere.  CNZ mentioned as someone who used to.  They think they're down.

Stoke: Down and happy that it'll be the end of Pulis who they know has made them the most hated team in the prem.

Sunderland: Obviously riding high after today (one post was talking about a top half finish) but assuming they're all wasted from today's exploits, previous posts have been a lot more somber.  The two remaining sober mackems in the city are basically saying they're still in it with a lot to do.

Norwich - surprisingly nonchalant about dropping, basically a 50/50 split between the ones who are bricking it and the ones who think they'll be fine.

Newcastle - the odd outbreak of panic (again, probably more beer talking) but generally pretty calm.

So basically Wigan and Stoke think they are gone, us and Sunderland think we have a lot to do, Newcastle and (baffling as it is) Norwich think they are in the clear.  I'd say the barcodes will be fine, the rest is a lottery at this point.  There'll be a lot more shuffling at the bottom before the end of the season.

Side note - there was a fan on the Sunderland board that put seven quid on Sunderland 3-0 and Johnson to score at 85-1 after dreaming about it all week.  He hasn't been seen on any post-match threads.  Probably pickled in a ditch somewhere.

• Like 1

We need to forget about goal difference now completely in my opinion.

We can only be concerned with points. Trying to match other teams' results may see us relegated.

Points have always been so hard to come by for us this season. I can't think of any 3 points that we just took undeservedly.

Sunderland were brilliant today, but I still fancy Everton to go there and get a point. I think Stoke will beat QPR and Wigan will get 1 point from their games with Man City and West Ham. So after the United game I think the table will look...

Stoke on 37

Sunderland on 35

Villa on 34

Wigan on 32 (still with 1 game in hand)

The Man Utd game is a bonus game, that's the mentality I would go with. If we get something, amazing. If we don't, we just have to forget and move on immediately without wallowing.

Our fate will be decided against Sunderland and Norwich. If we're out of touch by the time we play Chelsea I'd say that's curtains and we wouldn't have deserved it anyway. Those 6 points (or 4 at the very very least, need to be on the board by the time we play Chelsea, whenever that is).

You really like Barry Bannan don't you? It's okay, the government have just announced a new scheme that provides people with dwarf fetishes a place to go where they can feel safe from ridicule and harassment

You can contact them via the web site www.sillyfucker.co.uk . 

My position isn't complicated, it's based on fact.

1. Best in PL at corners and crosses. Not 5th or 3rd ... 1st. Out of all the other great players in the PL.

http://www.bettingexpert.com/blog/premier-league-mid-season-statistics-report-2012-2013

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/24

2. Second highest chance creator in the team, and has pass accuracy of 82% - decent, considering he goes for the key passes.

http://www.squawka.com/players/barry-bannan

My opinion about Bannan is based on these stats, plus the ones I've worked out myself, like:

3. Villa win more points with Bannan than with any other player. He is our most influential player this season.

If Bannan was 4th highest chance creator, 3rd best crosser in the league you'd have a point... not necessarily exception. But Bannan is 1st... I'm not going to underestimate the talent required to be FIRST at anything in the PL.

No other Villa player is FIRST at anything in the PL.

We've got to use this player.