Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

baker might be mistake ridden but i give him credit the guy puts his body on teh line for the club, i like that about him

seems like the john terry type (barring teh scum personality!)

Didn't he sell cup final tickets a few years back, very JT like ;)

I think we'll need the full 40pts this season. Everyone around us is picking up points and of the ones who are struggling, I would expect Stoke and Sunderland to do something between now and the end of the season. Form is temporary and they'll break out of it sooner or later. We've won 3 in 4 and yet we're still only 2pts off the drop. If we can beat Fulham then I'll begin to breathe more easily but that game is far from a sure thing. They're playing very well and we're crap at home. But given next week's fixtures, if we did beat them then I think we'd find ourselves quite far from the relegation zone with our rivals having mostly tripped up.

We really need to win Fulham next weekend just to ease the pressure even further. I think we have Man Utd the week after that.

We've been in good form but if we don't win Fulham and results go against us then we're still very much in deep trouble.

Stoke was a massive win. Results for Wigan and Sunderland also went well for us. It's still so close down there that all it takes is a freak result for one of those to see us right back in serious trouble.

Still really don't want to be relying on points from the Wigan game to stay up. It's a scenario that worries me a lot.

Assuming Chelsea got to both the FA Cup Final 11th May and the Europa Cup final 15th May, the only possible date they could play us would be the 13th May.

Think this would give us a massive chance when playing them.

Assuming Chelsea got to both the FA Cup Final 11th May and the Europa Cup final 15th May, the only possible date they could play us would be the 13th May.

It's Rafa, he will play his full strength squad against us. 

I thought the same thing when we were playing them at Christmas after they had just flown back from Japan a couple of days before :(

I think we'll need the full 40pts this season. Everyone around us is picking up points and of the ones who are struggling, I would expect Stoke and Sunderland to do something between now and the end of the season. Form is temporary and they'll break out of it sooner or later. We've won 3 in 4 and yet we're still only 2pts off the drop. If we can beat Fulham then I'll begin to breathe more easily but that game is far from a sure thing. They're playing very well and we're crap at home. But given next week's fixtures, if we did beat them then I think we'd find ourselves quite far from the relegation zone with our rivals having mostly tripped up.

39 or 40 would deffo see us safe IMO. if we take a point from the fulham game and the others lose (likely that 2 out of the 3 will i reckon). then we ill have made more progress away from the bottom 3. a win would be a great result and keep us away regardless of results elsewhere, wihtout freak results though a win would see us with a 4 or 5 point cushion with 5 left to play. 

Still really don't want to be relying on points from the Wigan game to stay up. It's a scenario that worries me a lot.

This. Wigan have a ridiculous amount of luck. Scoring a last minute goal yesterday as well as seeing an opposition sent off after 20 minutes for a moment of madness just shows how much the God's favour Wigan.

As has been said numerous times if it goes down to the final games of the season for who stays in the league we will be relegated.

Its the Villa way to bottle that, even if we had Man Utd and Barcelona combined with a world 11 playing for Villa we would bottle that.

Need to be safe before that game.

After Saturday's performance, I'm backing Stoke for the big drop. Think Sunderland showed enough against Chelsea to suggest Di Canio will fire them up enough to get a few points.

I get what you're saying but football doesn't work like that. They're as likely to be gutted by getting nothing from a good performance as they are to be fired up. Similarly, Stoke's abject performance against us is as likely to get a positive reaction from them to ensure it doesn't happen again. Basically it's all still up in the air AFAIC.

Why are we so much better away than at home, We have had better away records than home for 4 of the last 5 seasons, only under Houllier was we better at home, this season we have the 9th bets away record, but the 3rd worst home record

Two absolutely massive home games, and hopefully we can keep the goal difference respectable against United.

POS CLUB P PTS FIXTURE 1 FIXTURE 2 FIXTURE 3 

1 Manchester United 30 77 Man City (H) Stoke (A) West Ham (A)

2 Manchester City 30 62 Man Utd (A) Wigan (H) Tottenham (A)

3 Chelsea 31 58 Fulham (A) Liverpool (A) Swansea (H)

4 Tottenham Hotspur 32 58 Man City (H) Wigan (A) Southampton (H)

5 Arsenal 31 56 Norwich (H) Everton (H) Fulham (A)

6 Everton 31 52 QPR (H) Arsenal (A) Sunderland (A)

7 Liverpool 32 49 Reading (A) Chelsea (H) Newcastle (A)

8 West Bromwich Albion 32 44 Newcastle (H) Southampton (A) Wigan (H)

9 Swansea City 32 41 Southampton (H) Chelsea (A) Man City (H)

10 Fulham 31 39 Aston Villa (A) Chelsea (H) Arsenal (H)

11 Southampton 32 37 West Ham (H) Swansea (A) West Brom (H)

12 West Ham United 31 37 Southampton (A) Man Utd (H) Wigan (H)

13 Newcastle United 32 36 Sunderland (H) West Brom (A) Liverpool (H)

14 Norwich City 32 35 Arsenal (A) Reading (H) Stoke (A)

15 Stoke City 32 34 Man Utd (H) QPR (A) Norwich (H)

16 Aston Villa 32 33 Fulham (H) Man Utd (A) Sunderland (H)

17 Sunderland 32 31 Newcastle (A) Everton (H) Aston Villa (A)

18 Wigan Athletic 31 31 Man City (A) West Ham (A) Tottenham (H)

19 Queens Park Rangers 32 24 Everton (A) Stoke (H) Reading (A)

20 Reading 32 23 Liverpool (H) Norwich (A) QPR (H)

POS CLUB P PTS FIXTURE 1 FIXTURE 2 FIXTURE 3

Edited by Folski

Wigans run is tough in the next three games. City away doesnt need explaining, West Ham at home are a different kettle of fish compared to when they are away. Im confident West Ham can do us a favour there a win against Wigan for them would virtually guarantee them safety ( its looking more likely now though ) and then Spurs. Bale will be back :D and they are fighting for top 4.

If we manage to get 4 points from the next 3 games that would put us in a good position. 6 would be bloody amazing!