Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Every game is tough now, regardless of the opposition. We showed Saturday we can mix it with the better sides and Tuesday first half just how crap we can be aswell.

Very Jekyll and Hyde

Christ, wouldn't like to be in the trenches with most of you lot!!!!

I think that Wet Sham, is a big game, win that we continue with forward momentum. They've not won in ages away from home.

That well known fact is the curse bestowed upon us. Every player or team that has had a real shit record since god knows when is almost guaranteed to end it against us. Wet Spam will know this!

Whilst I have a tendency to agree with you, as it does usually seem that way - but, how'd it work out against QPR this season. No win all season, the great 'Arry installed as manager - Nil nil IIRC.

I still believe - we all need to believe. Recrimination can start 20th May, but until then we need to carry the team over the finish line!

• Like 1

Whoever goes to these remaining games will need to support the team as loudly and encouragingly as possible as it will help the team if they feel we are behind them

Supporting and being loud aint going to turn what are poor players in to the Messi's et al of this world.....this team is gone and hurts me to say it.

Fight Fight! wherever you may be, we are the boy's from the Holte Army. You all know the rest of the words

More than ever these words need to be sang, fans can play their part in encouraging the team.

I'm as disapointed as everyone else with how this shite season is going but maybe just maybe our luck will turn starting this Sunday as WHU.

At least lets give it a go and not roll over and die.

Whoever goes to these remaining games will need to support the team as loudly and encouragingly as possible as it will help the team if they feel we are behind them

Supporting and being loud aint going to turn what are poor players in to the Messi's et al of this world.....this team is gone and hurts me to say it.

Cant help thinking that the Chelsea drubbing is the game that killed us. Too much on so young heads.

Encouragement>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>silence>criticism

Latest simulation results:

QPR: 93%

Villa: 82%

Wigan: 69%

Southampton: 30%

Reading: 11%

Norwich: 5%

Fulham: 4%

West Ham, Newcastle: 3%

only 11% chance of Reading going down?

and 82% chance of Villa going down?  Weren't you at 60% before the Everton game?  or was that before the Newcastle game? either way, big change.

No matter what we think right now, there will be a lot of "how the hell did that result happen?" before the end of the season.

We can beat West Ham and Sunderland, but also win against Liverpool and Chelsea. Suddenly we manage to draw Man Utd as well, things like that happen when teams are desperate. However, it is all about getting out of the relegation zone before the ghost of time drags you down into the abyss. We don't want to rely on winning the last game of the season against Wigan, we want to be catching points now and let the other teams be desperate come May. It is going to be tight, I think we are favourites to go down given QPR's patch of form, resilient defence and new players - but we have a slight chance.

Forking out a prediction is impossible, because so many irrational results will happen and I just hope we are on the lucky side of things.

Latest simulation results:

QPR: 93%

Villa: 82%

Wigan: 69%

Southampton: 30%

Reading: 11%

Norwich: 5%

Fulham: 4%

West Ham, Newcastle: 3%

only 11% chance of Reading going down?

and 82% chance of Villa going down?  Weren't you at 60% before the Everton game?  or was that before the Newcastle game? either way, big change.

I don't know about Levi and how he's put his percentages together, but the way I've worked things out puts us at a near 90% chance of relegation (the club with the lowest GD at this stage in the season almost always goes down - 15 out of 17 38 game seasons) so I wouldn't say 82% is far off.

I think there is a little bit of straw clutching going on here. To much hoping what is gonna happen to the other teams around us and not enough accepting the fact that we are awful.

I've been too stressed lately and most of it is down to Aston Villa. I don't want people to think I don't care or have given up, but I refuse to worry about it or indeed put hope on other teams and then be miserable when that doesn't work out either.

All this guess work isn't going to do you any good.

Aston Villa's fate is in the hands of God now.

Edited by Tayls

Relegation has been on the cards for a good 3 seasons now. late rally when Houllier got Ill saved us. Last year we couldnt score enough goals in the last 5 or 6 games without Bent and how we scraped through I still dont know. This year we've been crying out for a bit more fight and some better performances and to be fair, late goals aside we've seen that in the last few games. They have to keep it up for the rest of the season whoever is playing / injured. If they do, I see more hope in this team doing enough to stay up than I did last year. Watching games where we know we're going to concede is more fun when there's also a chance that you might score a goal. This imho is why Lambert is doing a better job than McMuppet, whatever the stats or table may say at this stage. Whether they will keep this level of performance up or not remains to be seen obviously. But it is by no means in the lap of the gods just yet and while our own fate is still in the hands of the team, I'll keep believing. VTID.

• Like 1

But it is by no means in the lap of the gods just yet and while our own fate is still in the hands of the team, I'll keep believing. VTID.

I agree that the team COULD still do something. Maybe I was a little too quick with my previous statement about our fate being in Gods hands. But from what I have seen from us this season and with how things are going right now with the teams around us... I honestly cannot see us doing much to influence the final standings in those relegation spots. I'm prepared to just sit and watch it happen now - unfortunately.

yeah, I feel it! but the table on 85mins on saturday looked alot different to how it does now. not saying we'll definately pull clear but there are lots of twists and turns to come. 

For me the time to start praying will be after the double header against Reading (a) and QPR (h). Come the end of march we could be 9 points richer or looking to beat Man Utd + Chelsea in a 7 game win streak to survive and the only thing I can really say with any certainty is that that's not gonna happen :)

We'll be ok if they just stop ripping our hearts out at the death every week!!