Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

**** it, bring it on.

Right now, it's the worst thing that could possibly happen to the club in the minds of the fans and the players - it'd be a good thing to correct the stupid expectations of some and a humbling experience for the club.

If we keep Benteke and Weimann for a season, they'd probably get us back up on goals alone - and there's little chance of the good younger  players like Westwood, Lowton, Clark, Baker and Bannan leaving - who we are trying to build a team around. 

I've accepted relegation now - it's been coming for some time. 

You would win a small amount but lose an awful lot more(your soul)Would you honestly back against villa in any situation to win a measly £20-£25 ? Your team ? I wouldn't put any money ever on Aston villa been relegated or losing a match because what kind of fan would you be if you collect money based on the fact that Aston villa would be relegated I'm sorry mate but as a fan I think that's not right

What the hell are you talking about? I regularly bet against Villa. Why? Not because I want Villa to lose or because I want to "lose my soul" but because it's FREE MONEY. Do you not understand how it works? When you bet against your team it doesn't mean you want your team would lose. I'm sure I speak for many here when I say that we'd rather lose money and have Villa win than the other way around. But given how shit we are, why not make some money out of it? You basically have three choices:

Villa lose and you lose money

Villa lose

Villa lose and you win money

Only a fool would bet on Villa right now, and it would be doubly foolish for a Villa fan to bet on Villa.

I really do not understand this taboo against betting against your own team. It DOES NOT mean you want your team to lose. Me, you and R.I.C.O. are all upset about how Villa are doing. The only difference between us is that me and R.I.C.O. are getting money out of it whereas you're not.

Might as well soften the blow a little bit. If you have a holiday you can't afford then start betting now and get yourself a couple of hundred pound before the season's over.

Edited by Mantis

What the hell are you talking about? I regularly bet against Villa. Why? Not because I want Villa to lose or because I want to "lose my soul" but because it's FREE MONEY. Do you not understand how it works? When you bet against your team it doesn't mean you want your team would lose. I'm sure I speak for many here when I say that we'd rather lose money and have Villa win than the other way around. But given how shit we are, why not make some money out of it? You basically have three choices:

Villa lose and you lose money

Villa lose

Villa lose and you win money

Only a fool would bet on Villa right now, and it would be doubly foolish for a Villa fan to bet on Villa.

I really do not understand this taboo against betting against your own team. It DOES NOT mean you want your team to lose. Me, you and R.I.C.O. are all upset about how Villa are doing. The only difference between us is that me and R.I.C.O. are getting money out of it whereas you're not.

Might as well soften the blow a little bit. If you have a holiday you can't afford then start betting now and get yourself a couple of hundred pound before the season's over.

Good man hope you make a nice few pound off villa been relegated fantastic fan.

Good man hope you make a nice few pound off villa been relegated fantastic fan.

I really don't know how it makes you less of a fan to bet against your club. It means nothing really. If anything, you're betting on something you have knowledge of, isn't that the best way to bet? 

Edited by PieFacE

**** it, bring it on.

Right now, it's the worst thing that could possibly happen to the club in the minds of the fans and the players - it'd be a good thing to correct the stupid expectations of some and a humbling experience for the club.

If we keep Benteke and Weimann for a season, they'd probably get us back up on goals alone - and there's little chance of the good younger  players like Westwood, Lowton, Clark, Baker and Bannan leaving - who we are trying to build a team around. 

I've accepted relegation now - it's been coming for some time. 

agree with this Lex.

I do have doubts about us being able to keep Benteke though.

I think the certs for the door would be: Big Ron, Bent, Dunne (end of contract), and probably Benteke and Zogbia.

We can build around the rest, and establish a really stong side to get us back up, and be competitive.

If we could get Given and his horrendous wages out of the club, we'd be laughing.

WE will try and shift all of the high earners, without doubt

Not a prayer benteke will stay.

Guzan

Lowton baker Clark Bennett

Albrighton westwood delph ?

Agbonlahor weimann

Bowery too. Delphouneso will be back as well. Lichaj. Herd. Bannan. We'll shift the high earners, and have a squad good enough IMO to get us back up.

I think it would also put a lot of things in perspective, especially for those who seem to think that just because we have a great history, we deserve to have a great present. The cold reality is that nobody deserves anything in football automatically and as a fan, all you can do is enjoy the ride and hope that you win. 

If relegation happens, so be it - it's not as if it'll destroy the club. 

Bowery too. Delphouneso will be back as well. Lichaj. Herd. Bannan. We'll shift the high earners, and have a squad good enough IMO to get us back up.

And then once we're back up? Then what?

Another relegation battle? Become a yo yo club like west brom were a few years back.

I do not agree that it would be a blessing in disguise.  I do not think that people realise just how much shit we will be in.

We cant compete with these clubs now and we have been in this league and getting this money for years,  just how do you think we'll be able to compete with them when we miss out on the 60M next year?  Even clubs like Cardiff and Hull if they come up will be ahead of us

Sorry but we go down now,  and we are by the way no ifs or buts,  and in my humble opinion it puts us at a sever disadvantage for a generation.  Then we would need an oil baron to rescue us

Cheers Randy.