Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I love the thought of Newcastle's signings being as effective as QPR's in the summer, or like a collection of all the hyped players who have come to the premier league from france in the past and never made it. There are a lot like that. Many people looked to QPR's summer spending with envy and the reality has been stark in comparison. 

So Newcastle to be relegated and then be plunged into an insane financial mess because of all the ridiculous contracts I hope they've given out. Villa to survive in their place and

kick on with more hungry young players to next season become a team everyone else envies and admires instead of being laughed at, Lambert suddenly lauded and admired for sticking to his guns and not losing his head, not like Pardew who currently fears the measly single year of payout from his stupid contract if he gets sacked (apparently that's what would happen).

Something like that would be good. That's what I'm going with. A win on Tuesday might help. 

Edited by praisedmambo

You think we will have to suffer uncertainty for that long? Oh bugger!

Ive got us down as finishing with about a max of 34 points... so prob end of march lol

Joking aside i think Man utd game in april will be the end of the premier leaguefor us!..

Edited by sutherland

Looks like newcastle have had a bid for Aubyemang turned down

Are they signing everyone we've been "linked" with? It seems that everyone we've scouted and or been linked with is now in the Newcastle squad. I have a feeling that most of their signings will fall flat leaving us glad we didn't get any of them, most players that are good in the French league don't work well in the Premier League. The odds that they have found the ones that work are slim, one may settle but the rest won't.

Are they signing everyone we've been "linked" with? It seems that everyone we've scouted and or been linked with is now in the Newcastle squad. I have a feeling that most of their signings will fall flat leaving us glad we didn't get any of them, most players that are good in the French league don't work well in the Premier League. The odds that they have found the ones that work are slim, one may settle but the rest won't.

I think scouting foreign players and bringing them to the club is a rarer thing than most think. It's more down to the fact that clubs are handed a list of players potentially available from agents and then decide whether that player might fit the bill for the particular club. I imagine the same crop of French players have been available to most prem teams. The clubs who they signed them from have barely shown any resistance, which says that they wanted to offload them and it seems Newcastle, being openly active this January are the ones that have taken the gamble on them at the wages they're demanding. Some might work out, some not. Newcastle won't have any relegation concerns though, imo.  

Norwich have dropped like a stone, statistically even worse than us in the Premier League in the last 6 games. They could easily get sucked into this relegation battle.

Next few games will be huge, home to Spurs, away to QPR, home to Fulham, home to Everton. Very much tricky ties.

Pardew has newsnow avfc book marked ;)

We are 19th on the last 6 form guide. (Norwich 20th)
We are 19th on the last 6 home games form guide (Wigan 20th)

We are 12th on the last 6 away games form guide.

We have got 2 points from the last 6 games whilst our nearest rivals have:

Reading 10pts

Southampton 8pts
QPR 4pts
Newcastle 4pts
Wigan 4pts

So some are in good form, others are attempting to strengthen their teams. Norwich are the only team to be doing worse than us in the league on current form, yet they are 6 points and 10 goal difference better than us.

We're down, we might be lucky and not be bottom but that's the only 'if' now. We're definitely down.

I love the thought of Newcastle's signings being as effective as QPR's in the summer, or like a collection of all the hyped players who have come to the premier league from france in the past and never made it. There are a lot like that. Many people looked to QPR's summer spending with envy and the reality has been stark in comparison.

So Newcastle to be relegated and then be plunged into an insane financial mess because of all the ridiculous contracts I hope they've given out. Villa to survive in their place and

kick on with more hungry young players to next season become a team everyone else envies and admires instead of being laughed at, Lambert suddenly lauded and admired for sticking to his guns and not losing his head, not like Pardew who currently fears the measly single year of payout from his stupid contract if he gets sacked (apparently that's what would happen).

Something like that would be good. That's what I'm going with. A win on Tuesday might help.

Difference between qpr and newcastle. Their scout is proven with superb signings. Qpr just splashed it on shit.

Who are these players you speak of? I bet the percentage of Successful players from French league is a lot higher than Successful players from lower English leagues. Plus they probably cost similar transfer fees.

I have a feeling their policy could fall flat on it's face. They tend to just buy anyone who looks/sounds half decent without thought of how they would fit into the club/other players. Almost buying blindly. They done very well last season but this season has proved me right in many respects. They were very close to Champions League qualification last season this season they are battling out with us and we as we all know are the definition of shit! 

Edited by supernova26

Don't worry everyone I asked the magic online 8 ball if villa would go down it said not likely here's the answers for the other teams

Wigan- absolutely

Reading- the future looks hazy ask again

Reading second time- yes

QPR- all signs point to yes

Newcastle- not a chance

Southampton- not on your life

I think this is pretty accurate I am going to email randy Lerner the results and I'm gonna tell him ' everything will be fine'

I have a feeling their policy could fall flat on it's face. They tend to just buy anyone who looks/sounds half decent without thought of how they would fit into the club/other players. Almost buying blindly. They done very well last season but this season has proved me right in many respects. They were very close to Champions League qualification last season this season they are battling out with us and we as we all know are the definition of shit! 

They've mainly been shit because of the amount of injuries they had to some of their top players - Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Tiote, Taylor and now Ba has left. 

They're slowly getting some of these players back and now have strengthened in most departments.

I reckon they'll be ok.