Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I think we will finish 20th if we lose today.

id be inclined to agree. if we lose today, we'll probably rack up about 6-8 points more all season. if we win today, i think we might just get out of it depending on how we do in the cup on tuesday - back to back wins and the dressing room will be a very different place

id be inclined to agree. if we lose today, we'll probably rack up about 6-8 points more all season. if we win today, i think we might just get out of it depending on how we do in the cup on tuesday - back to back wins and the dressing room will be a very different place

Yes, confidence is such a big thing when you don't have experience to fall back on and we have none at the moment.

if we did manage to win today and tuesday, it raises some tricky questions about the millwall game. do you play the first team and hope they make it 3 on the bounce, or do you pull every single one of them out of the firing line and play the under 19s instead. if we lose, who cares, it doesnt affect confidence and hey, we're already in a cup final anyway, on the other hand, 3 wins in a row really would have the belief flowing

Sadly my head says there is just way too much damage to our players psychologically now after the shameful defeats we have suffered since the Chelsea humiliation.

My heart however says we can do it with players coming back from injuries etc.

I do feel we are the most out of form side in the country at the moment & i struggle to see how, even with a bit of an improvement, we can turn this around considering the teams around us are now all getting results. Some of them against the likes of Chelsea too.

It will take a massive upturn in form & fortune to stand a chance now & no matter how hard i try i just cannot see how we can survive this. The damage is too deep & our manager appears somewhat deluded in thinking we will be ok. It's the results which tell the accurate story & they are shocking.

For me we have to win today otherwise we are as good as down. If we do i may change my opinion but sadly i doubt very much that will happen.

Really hope i've misjudged the players.

the games against southampton and wigan are the ones that completely turned the screw for us

had we won both of those, the league would look like this:

14 Fulham 25pts

15 Villa 25pts

16 Newcastle 21pts

17 Southampton 19pts

18 Reading 19pts

19 Wigan 16pts

20 QPR 15pts

if you cant beat southampton and wigan at home with those kind of stakes, you don't deserve to be in the league

We could beat WBA and Newcastle and it will look something like that.

Tonight is HUGE

the damage is done in gifting southampton and wigan 3 points apiece though. yeah, if we win tonight and beat newcastle we'll have 25 points, but wigan and southampton will still have the 3 each they took off us

So we need to get a point at least to get ahead of Reading tonight - good win for them. Newcastle are getting sucked right down into the relegation battle which is good for us.

Anything from this evening will get us out of the bottom 3 but if we lose we will only have 'Arry and his lads between us and the Championship.

the damage is done in gifting southampton and wigan 3 points apiece though. yeah, if we win tonight and beat newcastle we'll have 25 points, but wigan and southampton will still have the 3 each they took off us

Yes if we win all our games they'll still have those 3 points, what's err your point?

We'd still be potentially 6 points above the relegation zone.

I'm a million miles away from being an optimist, but it's not all doom and gloom just yet.

Let's just accept we'll be relegated. We will be so we need to just accept that now and you won't have Villa ruin your saturdays. We're gone.

Randy Lerner is the worst thing that's ever happened to Villa. If I could have 5 minutes alone with him, I'd gladly do the time inside.

Randy Lerner is the worst thing that's ever happened to Villa. If I could have 5 minutes alone with him, I'd gladly do the time inside.

You'll have to find him first. He is about as conspicuous as Lord Lucan!