Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

the team dont care anymore, we lack fight and spirit which was the only thing we had in our favour before this xmas period that was giving us half a chance. What we lacked in quality we made up for in closing down, tracking back, etc. Who do we blame for not getting the side up for it now? They dont seem to believe in the tactics anymore, I know we the fans certainly dont. Testing times, more so than ever before

So Lerner was at the game. He's hopefully sat with Lambert since that horror show and pledged some decent funds.

Problem is Lambert came out after the game and said he's not going to sign experienced PL players but continue with this young/hungry policy. This is a real concern. If we are signing the likes of Dale Stephens then we are truly ****. We will smash all sorts of records for all the wrong reasons.

Has he actually said that he's going to persevere with his policy CI?

I dont think it is not caring or having any fight that is the problem I think it is having no confidence or belief, The last 3 results have been a serious blow to the team, 1 minute they are up after the Liverpool game and the run they were on the next totally humiliated at Chelsea, then when nervously trying to put it right against Spuds they were taken apart again, with so little time between games there is no chance for the staff to help them, You could sense the nerves against Wigan and I do believe if the first goal had not gone in we would have improved as Wigan did after they scored the goal, I do worry that the Swansea game is coming round to quick to put things right and think yet again we may be battered.

Has he actually said that he's going to persevere with his policy CI?

Heard him on the radio, said something along the lines of: I've never signed experienced pros and im not going to start doing so now, you don't know what you're getting from them.

it's definitely not to do with the players not caring or not trying, they were really nervous and the early goal took the wind out of their sails for the first half an hour, then we played better, then the second and third goals coming so quick together killed us. had holman's shot gone in instead of hitting the bar we'd have probably been alright.

confidence is understandably at a real low and losing to wigan was a tragedy for us after we'd seen some good progress, with a decent run including back to back away wins. our injury list really isn't helping either. we're going to have to start all over again and it's not going to be pretty.

as for PL sticking to his guns about not signing experienced pros, i still think it's a good way to build a side but it's not going to yield instant results. i'd take it with a pinch of salt though because vlaar had a good level of experience when we bought him, just not in the premier league. we need more bodies in the squad from back to front and january will see us spending. let's hope henke has some good prospects lined up.

i still think we'll have a better second half to the season than first, the next month or so is crucial though and we have to stop the rot asap.

Heard him on the radio, said something along the lines of: I've never signed experienced pros and im not going to start doing so now, you don't know what you're getting from them.

Yes, sounds about right. You never know what you are going to get from an experienced pro whereas you do from an inexperienced rookie from league 1 or 2.

Just before this "something along the lines of" becomes taken as an established fact, let's look at a couple of actual attributed quotes.

November, here:

"Would I sign experienced players? It’s not something I’ll turn away from," he said. "If they have got the right attitude to go and do it, and they fit into the group, then I’d look at that. This club is too big to be about one individual or a few individuals. It’s about the team."

and December 28, here:

'Over the last few years this club has had loads of experienced players and the situation hasn't really changed,' said Lambert.

'Experienced players won't always take you where you want to go. I know that from my own experience.

'I have a belief in the way we are doing it. In the long term this club will be great.

'There's no point me saying we are down there because of inexperience. This club was battling against relegation last season.'

So he's open to it, but doesn't see it as a guaranteed fix.

Sounds sensible, unsurprising, and uncontroversial.

I didn't hear him say those words.

He said he wanted hungry players and didn't say anything definitive beyond that. When Pat Murphy asked him directly about exprienced players he stated that he was wary about exprience as you're not sure what you might get from an older player.

I took that as a reference to echo what Redknapp has said about the exprienced players at QPR.

Of course hungry doean't necesairly mean young.

The biggest thing killing us is the early goals going in... Teams know now that if we go one down we are there for the taking & they are going for the jugular early doors & sadly succeeding due to our p***poor defence. Those players will be having nightmares at the moment having conceded 15 in 3 & frankly i cannot see how we recover from this now. I do feel Swansea is a game we could have done ok in but not with confidence & injuries as they are... another 3-0 for me.

Very unsure now about this whole thing & will be amazed if we don't finish bottom this season.