The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

where and when did lambert say this?

On WM,

Asked if he will bring in new experienced recruits in the window he said he will get players from the lower leagues as this is the way the club wants to go.

We are doomed.

I have had faith in RL in the past and believed he had the clubs interest at heart but now believe it is time for him to go. PL can be forgiven if this is indeed the clubs orders and not his choice, I also find the formations and team selection bizarre and wonder if being this close to the transfer window has any bearing on it.

Doesn't make sense. Surely if he knows how much he is to be given he will be allowed to spend it where he so wishes. I don't believe that someone above Lambert has said "we must only sign players from league 2, 1 or the championship".... This is Lamberts philosophy, and one he has told his bosses that he will be adopting for the future.

Doesn't make sense. Surely if he knows how much he is to be given he will be allowed to spend it where he so wishes. I don't believe that someone above Lambert has said "we must only sign players from league 2, 1 or the championship".... This is Lamberts philosophy, and one he has told his bosses that he will be adopting for the future.

depends if those are the only ones who's wages the club can afford , then it becomes " we can only sign players on x wages"

Makes perfect sense, less wages equals more profit, You only have to look at the last 3 years to see all the best players being sold and youth players being progressed ( Bent being the exception although this I believe was a panic buy and something to stop the hate that was directed at RL)

At the end of this year how many top players will be left? even Bent is now being humiliated and pushed out.

I may be wrong but have a strong suspicion that I am not.

First 35 was awful truly awful. If Wigan were any good they could've cut us open so many times within that period.

Play like that for the rest of the season and not only will we go down but we'll be bottom..

Nows the time for lambert to earn his money!

On WM,

Asked if he will bring in new experienced recruits in the window he said he will get players from the lower leagues as this is the way the club wants to go.

We are doomed.

I have had faith in RL in the past and believed he had the clubs interest at heart but now believe it is time for him to go. PL can be forgiven if this is indeed the clubs orders and not his choice, I also find the formations and team selection bizarre and wonder if being this close to the transfer window has any bearing on it.

for us foreigners, what WM ? any links ?

and hopefully Henke will be able to get us some quality abroad, doesnt have to be from the premiership. Even a couple experienced players from the german league would do us wonders at the moment.

The philosophy of playing lower league players is flawed, yes eventually they will gel and with guidance and coaching improve, they will play better as a team as there are no superstars. the problem lies in these teams generally come up through the leagues learning there trade, we have placed them straight into the firing line of the Premier League. we have not had the time to bond and learn as a unit. if we can miss relegation this year then the future may be bright, hell of a gamble though.

for us foreigners, what WM ? any links ?

and hopefully Henke will be able to get us some quality abroad, doesnt have to be from the premiership. Even a couple experienced players from the german league would do us wonders at the moment.

Well known Radio station in Yam Yam land, he was being interviewed by Pat Murphy.

On WM,

We are doomed.

If he said this we are definitely doomed!! There is a reason why most players don't make the premiership?

We don't even look Championship level at the moment, more League 1. Truly abysmal. A collection of lower league new players, very average academy players and some prima dona has been who has taken the piss for 3 years . Dreading Swansea, the way they play it could easily be another drubbing.

On WM,

We are doomed.

And someone shouted me down earlier today when I said it was the clubs policy and Lambert couldn't just buy whoever he wanted!

These 3 shocking defeats have relegated us already. These are the fahcts.

Might as well just put padlocks on the gates at Villa Park then, eh? Give up. Concede. Forfeit the entire second half of the season.

Ridiculous.

Now my anger has subsided I would make two requests.

1. Stop playing 352,it's killing us. Defence don't have a clue, midfield over ran, no width and no support for the front men.

2. Don't play bennett. Does anyone honestly believe he is better than warnock? Might be the worst player i have seen in a villa shirt.

This post may not go down to well with some but sometimes logic of the head has to take charge of the belief of the heart and stand out to the fore.

I watched us lose to Chelsea and Spurs and worried that we were totally outclassed and outplayed and obviously outscored but deep down buried somewhere within me I occasionally dismissed it as 'They are far better teams than Villa but when we play the likes of Wigan we will come good'.

However, I have today witnessed quite an abject performance against one of the Premier League's perennial relegation fighters and cannot see any glimmer of hope for this season.

We need three or four very good players in January and these are either not going to be available or if they are then they are going to be out of our reach in terms of transfer fees and wages. Therefore all we are realistically likely to sign are lower league players or foreign players who quite probably won't be able to be the instant hit that we desperately need.

To sum up, I honestly believe that this is the season that we get relegated. If we have to spend some time in the Championship then so be it but we need to get back up quite quickly.

Carefully chosen words by Lambert. By saying it's the way that the 'club' wants to go, it makes it appear that it's not his f'*ck up! There's no reason that the club would force him to sign only lower league players, and if they did, why take the job!?

You can buy players from Europe for lower fees and wages, so the idea that he's restricted to buying from the lower leagues is b*llocks!!!

It makes me think that he had such belief in this poxy method that all of the signings he's been working on are all from lower leagues and now he's worried that it's too late to look elsewhere.