Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

We cannot get smashed at home by Wigan and expect to remain in this league. I'm sorry but, I have come to accept that we are going to be playing wolves and Birmingham next season. If we are not playing those teams, what a surprise it will be!

Well played to Wigan and Martinez. Credit where credit is due. I said it in the match thread and I know he wasn't here for very long but Sean Maloney must be thinking what the **** has happened to this club.

We will lose:

Guzan

Vlaar

Clark

Ireland

Benteke

Bent

N'Zogbia

Westwood

Dunne

Our other favorites will remain with us and will be responsible for getting us back to the prem.

We will probs line up like this

Given

Lowton Herd Baker Bennett

Albrighton Bannan Delph Carruthers

Weimann Agbonlahor

Yippyyyyyy

Edited by Tayls

We wont be relegated.

There you are - remember me at the end of the season when the fainthearts have been proven wrong.

22% possession in the first 35 mins at home against WIGAN

Can't really blame the "fainthearts"

Edited by AshVilla

How the word removed are we not in the relegation zone? Most goals conceded (by far) least goals scored (by far). For me we are going down. These defeats shape your season and even if we do go on a little run as soon as we get tonked again (which will happen) our fragile confidence will be shot to pieces again. That's how it works folks. These 3 shocking defeats have relegated us already. These are the fahcts.

Edited by supernova26

Embarrassing. It worries me that we were being completely over run the the midfield yet we still had 3 playing cb! When we moved someone up, at at score I can't even bare to write, it was too late. If we don't change this formation we are gone. Did we even manage a shot on target all game? Woeful stuff, an all time low for me today seeing Wigan walk all over us.

We will lose:

Guzan

Vlaar

Clark

Ireland

Benteke

Bent

N'Zogbia

Westwood

Dunne

I don't think we'll lose Guzan, a) because I don't think anyone would put in a serious offer that would be better than what we can offer him, and b ) He just signed a new contract. I'd also like to think he might stay loyal to us after Lambert was the one who finally gave him a chance, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

I also think Vlaar will stay, Clark too unless a really good offer came in for him but I can't see that happening based on his performances so far this season. I also think we'll keep Westwood. The rest I could see go though.

I'm not going to put up a "how we would lineup in the Championship" teamsheet though. It's premature and a bit depressing.

Edited by Ginko

Embarrassing. It worries me that we were being completely over run the the midfield yet we still had 3 playing cb! When we moved someone up, at at score I can't even bare to write, it was too late. If we don't change this formation we are gone. Did we even manage a shot on target all game? Woeful stuff, an all time low for me today seeing Wigan walk all over us.

We didn't have 3 CB playing.

We had 1 CB

+ Lowton, a RB.

+ Herd, a 5'8" DM/Utility player.

The only player who was 5'8" who has ever been awesome CB was Fabio Cannovaro. I don't think Herd is the next Fabio Cannovaro. He's putting in a big shift, and a lot of effort, but it's not his position.

Benteke was 'marking' Ramis at the first corner of the match because he was the only Villa player with the height to match him.

Baker/Vlaar are big misses through injury.

We need to use the January transfer window to strengthen with experience in every position.

How the word removed are we not in the relegation zone?

That's the only comfort. Southamptton, Reading and QPR are still (just about) worse than us and as long as that continues we will just about scrape to survival. It's not going to be a comfy ride. though.

We didn't have 3 CB playing.

We had 1 CB

+ Lowton, a RB.

+ Herd, a 5'8" DM/Utility player.

The only player who was 5'8" who has ever been awesome CB was Fabio Cannovaro. I don't think Herd is the next Fabio Cannovaro. He's putting in a big shift, and a lot of effort, but it's not his position.

Benteke was 'marking' Ramis at the first corner of the match because he was the only Villa player with the height to match him.

Baker/Vlaar are big misses through injury.

We need to use the January transfer window to strengthen with experience in every position.

Well yes it wasn't technically 3 cb's but that's the positions they were supposed to be playing in. We were getting no where near the ball in midfield and it's obvious we should of switched to 442 then.

Well we were told by some that the score line against Chelsea didn't matter, well we're behind Wigan on goal difference, so yes it **** did matter.

A truly awful start to life under Lambert and there's no doubt the relegation battle is still on. We're relying on January to save our season. Which is a surprise when so many were telling me how great the summer was.

As bad as I've ever seen us play. I just wanted someone to show some heart. At one point at 3-0 bannan played a ball straight to a wigan player and got booed, he just shrugged his shoulders, no effort to win the ball back and that is what worries me the most, not one of them looked like they had any pride in themselves, let alone pride for the club or the fans.