Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Its such a difficult question so early in the season.

At one stage I thought the signs were half decent.... poor results ,but some good spells of performance. I had a suspicion that the inexperienced lads at least had some ability, just lacking in experience.

Saturday, made me think again.Hansen said "Embarrassing" probably about right.It seems many players just can't muster any form and they have little character to make up with.Too many look forlorn and " it ain't my fault gov" attitude.

When we do enter the transfer market, its like we enter a game, like a wet lettuce.

I'm not of the opinion that spending silly money will get us out of the mess, but I'm equally not sure that the recruits from the lower divisions are the right ones too.... There have been a few players of quality c 6mill mark that have gone on to do well in the prem.....its somewhere in the middle we should be.

I am convinced that the poor performance in the transfer market generally speaking has got us in the mess we are in.

Ps Harry Redknapp as DOF

Reading, Southampton and Wigan are worse.

You might be right, but that sums up everything about Aston Villa at present.

I went down on Saturday for the first time in yonks and to my disappointment the general comments in the vacinity of where i was standing in Pub was the same comments as 4 years ago but this time coming from different fans.

Its all much of a muchness year in year out.

Yes, I honestly think this will be the end of our ever present pl status.

similar to Blackburn Who scraped up year before last and finally went last year.

Our squad is awful, it would struggle in the championship. 2 wins in how many at home, 16 was it? We're a soft touch, no bite in the side at all. Thin squad with little quality and with injuries like now dont stand a chance. Our goal difference will take a pounding next month.

Only thing that could save us is some positive movements in the market in January that will have an immediate impact. Proven players that will gel and form a good side.

Yes, I honestly think this will be the end of our ever present pl status.

similar to Blackburn Who scraped up year before last and finally went last year.

Our squad is awful, it would struggle in the championship. 2 wins in how many at home, 16 was it? We're a soft touch, no bite in the side at all. Thin squad with little quality and with injuries like now dont stand a chance. Our goal difference will take a pounding next month.

Only thing that could save us is some positive movements in the market in January that will have an immediate impact. Proven players that will gel and form a good side.

jesus, think you have just convinced me

I have faith in Lambert to improve things. If the other dross around us do not also improve at a similar rate then we'll stay up.

If my faith in Lambert is misplaced then we could be in trouble.

Voted 'no'.

Southampton are the worst side we've played this season yet they inflicted our worst defeat upon us. We've beaten better teams than them this season. It's irrelevant to the Sunderland game.

Beaten better teams? We've only beaten one team! Unless you are counting the Capital One cup... but even if so, that's still a pretty loose argument.

Beaten better teams? We've only beaten one team! Unless you are counting the Capital One cup... but even if so, that's still a pretty loose argument.

Swansea are better than Southampton.

And yes I am counting the Man City game. We still showed that we can beat a team that is far better than ourselves.