Rino8

21 minutes ago, ender4 said:

£750m gross spend in 8 years - £94m a year. High but not that high.   

I wonder what Man Utd spent in the same period, or Arsenal since Kronke took over, or Newcastle since Saudi took over, or Villa since NSWE took over?

I won't mention Man City as you'd have to triple their official spend to be accurate.

According to transfermarkt, Man Utd have spent £1.14 billion in last 8 seasons, so £143m a season.

• Thanks 1

Was working with a Liverpool fan today so looked at their team facing Bayern Munich earlier.

Their best XI is very good, however the bench was really really weak with only a couple of decent players in there (don’t think they have many injuries either)

They’ll definitely be competitive but won’t be able to compete as soon as they start getting injuries and suspensions as the season goes on and have to rely on kids and squad fillers. 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d73v4luxrbsv85xwco7k

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

There's an unnamed club who made a 70million bid for Caceido. Really wouldn't be surprised if it was Liverpool as they really need a strong DM. 

I seen that, but was wondering how a club can bid for a player and it remain anonymous? And why would that club want to remain anonymous?

Edited by duke313

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Their squad looks really unbalanced to me.  Alot of unbelievable attacking talent but defensively meh and in cm not enough squad depth.

I think they will be lucky if thwy get top 4 this year 

agree on the first bit, they've sent carvalho out on loan, jones hit good form at the end of last season but they need him to continue, then then need elliot to make another step, at the moment they're depending on either Jones or Elliot reaching JJ levels and becoming someone they can rely on every week and lets be honest at that age and that stage of his development JJ wasn't there 

on top of that they need everyone else to click, VVD to have a solid whole season, nunez to develop a bit more and be more consistent

and on top of that they then need luck with injuries

if they get top 4 it will be more because of someone dropping out, which with newcastle, arsenal and utd its not impossible

31 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I seen that, but was wondering how a club can bid for a player and it remain anonymous? And why would that club want to remain anonymous?

Villa have always tried to be anonymous over the past 3 years.  

It doesn't mean anonymous from the selling club or the player and his agent, just anonymous as far as the media are concerned.

49 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

There's an unnamed club who made a 70million bid for Caceido. Really wouldn't be surprised if it was Liverpool as they really need a strong DM. 

Chelsea were quoted 90 million so whoever it is are lowballing Brighton

16 hours ago, duke313 said:

Be interesting to see how they get on this coming season; I still think their midfield isn't up to the standard of City, United or Arsenal.  They desperately need a quality DM.

I think the defence is the problem. Van Dijk the greatest defender in football history ever (according to Sky) is woeful and finished and Alexander Arnold still cant defend

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think the defence is the problem. Van Dijk the greatest defender in football history ever (according to Sky) is woeful and finished and Alexander Arnold still cant defend

It is, and the lack of a DM will only make it worse.  

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He played for Liverpool a few times as inverted full back which is pretty much a midfielder

Read an interesting analysis on twitter about Liverpool's tactical changes in pre-season so far. They had normally Henderson playing in the right sided CM, he would cover that side when TAA or Salah went out of position.  Mac Allister so far has been more centrally, either by instruction, or he's just not used to the setup yet.  Unless Mac Allister starts covering it like Henderson did, it will mean either TAA can't get forward as much, or Salah will have to defend more often. and deeper.  So either way, it will mean TAA or Salah being further from goal and less of an attacking threat.  

You can tell now that the start of the season is close as Klopp has had a moan about something.

This time he wants the Saudi transfer window closed earlier yet he had no issue taking big Saudi money for 2 over the hill midfielders

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

You can tell now that the start of the season is close as Klopp has had a moan about something.

This time he wants the Saudi transfer window closed earlier yet he had no issue taking big Saudi money for 2 over the hill midfielders

'It's not fair. I want other leagues to fall in line with the Premier League, so that we have no problems or struggles'.

He is fully, 100%, in line with everything I imagine Liverpool to be. I have never seen a more perfect personification of a football club than Klopp. 

• Like 4

Â