Rino8

It was always going to take time, they'll be better next season.

How? Assuming we're talking about barca, I can't see how they're ever going to click.

Suarez though, he's more a better version of Villa in his prime. Come November he'll be a huge asset.

What Suarez did isn't as bad as some of the elbows throne by players, or nasty tackles made by some. It's just rarer and weirder, so it gets a more extreme reaction.

For instance, compare his bite to the tackle by Ramires on El Ahmadi. Ramires had vicious intent to seriously injure el ahmadi. Yet there was no outrage and Ramires only got a three game ban.

Reckon it will be £55mil maximum really. He's good,not great and indisputably "**** mental" ergo drop the fee commensurately.

How is he good not great? He scored 31 goals last year WITHOUT being his teams penalty taker and while missing the first five games. No one else does that.

Tackling is part of the game, and it is hard to prove intent on a tackle, where as biting someone is clearly an intended aggressivphysical action, and biting is unacceptable in all walks of life. Apart from Uruguay by the looks of it.

As tackoing is part of the game, an over the top tackle is only going to see a slightly longer ban than 3 games if a club tries to push it; but like i said it's hard, nigh on impossible to really prove that a player intentionally went to injure an opponent.

This was laso Suarez's thrid incident. 5th if you include the punch on Jara, and racist abuse of Evra, so the length of ban was lenient if you're be pedantic.

Still surprises me people are shocked by his ban (not referring to the above poster), and keep forgetting to take his past into consideration, or try and compare it to other things. It's a bite, it's disgusting.

In regards to elbows, msot are flying arms tryign to shrug a player off, or someone jumping for a ball. Once again hard to prove intent on those circumstances, so aren't going to receive long bans. The only major elbow incident i can clearly remember (there are a couple but can't specifically them) is when Felaini elbowed a hull defender about five times whilst waiting for a corner. But that bloke's a tosser, how something was not done on that was disgusting.

Edited by djamfisher

I take it back about Liverpools spending... They are splashing the cash this summer. The are obviously spending the Suarez money...

They always spend. Don't know where this comes from that they don't.

• Like 1

I take it back about Liverpools spending... They are splashing the cash this summer. The are obviously spending the Suarez money...

As I've previously stated they were only £12m behind Man City on spending last season.

Them spending isn't new and isn't because Suarez is on his way.

• Like 3

They need to spend big to cement their place in the top 4

Manure will challenge strongly for it next season with a quality manager without the distraction of European football

Arsenal always finish in the top 4 and i think it will between them and liverpool who gets the final place 

Edited by AshVilla

As I've previously stated they were only £12m behind Man City on spending last season.

Last season? You sure?

I mean, Jovetic vs Aspas?

Just the £100m (or 76% extra) difference in wage bill between the two clubs in 2012/2013 (last available verified figures).

Just the £100m (or 76% extra) difference in wage bill between the two clubs in 2012/2013 (last available verified figures).

Yes but we weren't talking about wage bills.

So wages don't count as 'spending'

hmmm

Quite clearly that isn't what I said so please don't try and put words in my mouth. It rather goes without saying that Liverpool don't have a wage bill to rival Man City.

You can't seriously talk about relative clubs 'spending' (the word you used) and only focus on spending in player acquisitions. Wage expenditure now outstrips money paid to acquire players (as we have found out to our detriment).

No one is 'putting words in your mouth'. I was just highlighting where the two club's resources differ hugely.

• Like 1

I didn't talk about the relative clubs spending though did I, I simply pointed out that they didn't spend much less than them on players last summer. That is very different to saying they have similar resources.

Did I say wages don't count as spending? No, so yes you were. You seem to highlighting something which is staggeringly obvious to everyone, nobody least of all me was suggesting the clubs resources were remotely similar, you seem to be missing the point. The point was that Liverpool spent a lot of money and its a myth to think they didn't. Period. That was it. No comparison at all between the resources of the two clubs.

Divock Origi. 7 goals in 45 games for Lille. 1 in 7 for Belgium. Moves to Liverpool for a massive £10m.

Another el hadji diouf perhaps? In fairness I did like the look of Origi from what I've seen of him at the World Cup. Looks a bit raw, but seems to have the qualities to succeed.

Â