Speculation: Steven Fletcher (Wolves)

KjParton

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference is he'd be about £5mil cheaper. As I said a few pages back Giroud cost £9.6mil, he scored 21 goals and assisted another 9 last year in Ligue 1, and Podolski scored 18 in 29 for a relegated Koln side only cost £10.9. Can anyone say with any real confidence that Stephen Fletcher is worth more than these players?

But we have no chance of signing those kinds of players.

And they havent scored, or proved they can handle it in the Premier League.

I don't think they'll get 13M for him so what would be his options then? Play a year in the Championship then leave on the cheap? Ask to be transfer listed and force a transfer? I seem him leaving for about 10M

Gabby is worth much more than this fletcher bloke

Pace is where it's at in the PL

Yes because the highest all time PL goalscorer was a speed demon.

I remember fletcher scoring crucial one on one goals for Wolves that kept them up one season. I'm talking real high pressure chances that made the difference. How many times have we seen Gabby spurn these chances. Dont get me wrong, an on form Gabby is a great player but no way is he a better goal scorer than Fletcher.

Let's see how Gabby does under Lambert before we write him off or trade him in on the cheap and buy an expensive, unshaved, Scottish version of Dean Windass

Nobody is writting Gabby off in this thread, just highlighting the lack of logic of your post(s).

It's interesting Dempsey seems to be up for 10m (Last year on his contract, maybe why?)

And then Wolves are asking 12m at least for Fletcher (Maybe because they have to give a bit to Burnley)

I like both players and would be happy if either (Or both :D ) came to us. But I'd prefer Dempsey to Fletcher. But then, only an assumption, but I think Fletcher would be more likely to come to us than Dempsey.

It's interesting Dempsey seems to be up for 10m (Last year on his contract, maybe why?)

And then Wolves are asking 12m at least for Fletcher (Maybe because they have to give a bit to Burnley)

I like both players and would be happy if either (Or both :D ) came to us. But I'd prefer Dempsey to Fletcher. But then, only an assumption, but I think Fletcher would be more likely to come to us than Dempsey.

Dempsey's at his peak. Fletcher can still prove and has an extra 4 years to offer. I agree Dempsey is the better player at present though.

Â