Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Unfortunately Vlaar is the true example of a 'sick note'. I think that is why nobody (Man Utd) came in for him over the summer. When he is on a free however...

His agent is quoted Today as saying Southampton wanted him in the summer but Vlaar didn't see it as a step up from Villa.  

Hopefully he is fit for a prolonged period heading upto the January transfer and we can look to still get a decent fee for him.  I can see Arsenal being desperate to get an experienced centre back and Utd also might be desperate so we could get an inflated fee. 

Unfortunately Vlaar is the true example of a 'sick note'. I think that is why nobody (Man Utd) came in for him over the summer. When he is on a free however...

I thought 'sick note' had connotations of not wanting to play. You can't accuse Vlaar of that. 

Disappointing that his agent waited until he was out of the country before stating Vlaars intention of leaving - no surprise of course andi can't say I really blame him - no doubt Delph will also go - the situation should have been addressed a year ago but randy is reaping what he sows .

The club is a mess - I see no sign of real hope until Lambert is gone as he is a huge cayuse of the malaise on the playing side .

Sad to see a great club being run down by Lambert and lerner .

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-ron-8101149

Letting him leave in the summer... as a freebee... will be yet another nail in Lambert's coffin. Of which there must be about 1000 of them now...

Thats right, Lambert takes care of Players signing new contracts

Disappointing that his agent waited until he was out of the country before stating Vlaars intention of leaving - no surprise of course andi can't say I really blame him - no doubt Delph will also go - the situation should have been addressed a year ago but randy is reaping what he sows .

The club is a mess - I see no sign of real hope until Lambert is gone as he is a huge cayuse of the malaise on the playing side .

Thats right, Lambert runs the club

• Like 1

Just hobbled off for Holland...you couldn't make this shite up! :(

Course you could.

He is always injured. Complete and utter waste of time.

Except for the probability, that if we hadn't of signed him we more than likely would have gone down in Lambert's first season, or certainly second.

Yeah, waste of time.

Even if he signed for us again, we can't afford to have a player like that on the books. The players we do pay top salaries to, must be able to play most games. We paid very little for Vlaar and he has played well, but we need stability and he will not give that to us. And if he was to stay, he would want 50k+ and for that I am sure we can find a good replacement. Vlaar is good, but not a world beater at all. It is just that our back ups has been so shit that he looks like a signing star. 

Just look at the form we have gotten for Senderos - I bet you he is not on 50k+ a week. There are more players like that out there. 

So in short I will not be sad to see him go. I am looking forward to getting a stable DC pairing. And for me Senderos and Bakker, with Hutton and Cisoko on the sides will do just fine. 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-ron-8101149

Letting him leave in the summer... as a freebee... will be yet another nail in Lambert's coffin. Of which there must be about 1000 of them now...

Thats right, Lambert takes care of Players signing new contracts

Thats right, Lambert runs the club

Lambert is to blame for the shocking football, inept tactics, formation and team selections .

• Like 1

Course you could.

Except for the probability, that if we hadn't of signed him we more than likely would have gone down in Lambert's first season, or certainly second.

Yeah, waste of time.

Because defenders who are equally as good and not as injury prone don't exist do they?

Course you could.

Yeah, waste of time.

Because defenders who are equally as good and not as injury prone don't exist do they?

Course you could.

Yeah, waste of time.

Course you could.

Yeah, waste of time.

Not for the budget our managers get.

Â