Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Wenger said he would sign a centre half in january and that would worry me more

If he was being signed in January then Id be OK with that as it's pretty obvious he will be leaving so much better we get some dosh for him IMO

true but it all depends on Villa situation, if we have at least 25 points and look comfortable then I think id be happy with that. I remember 2 seasons back Newcastle were flying high in January and then sold Cabaye and think only won twice after that

true but it all depends on Villa situation, if we have at least 25 points and look comfortable then I think id be happy with that. I remember 2 seasons back Newcastle were flying high in January and then sold Cabaye and think only won twice after that

Yeah but to be honest he hasnt played this season much and could be "injured" again soon who knows

Yeah but to be honest he hasnt played this season much and could be "injured" again soon who knows

Why the " "?

• Like 1

Arsenal are only looking for a centre-back to provide competition to Koscielny-Mertesacker anyway. The story linking them to Van Dijk is more credible.

Edited by Isa

Man Utd fans don't deserve him.

I was chatting to a few before the WC and said he'd be off next year and he'd be a great signing for Utd with their young defence. They both snorted and talked down about him purely because he's at Villa.

Lo and behold post world cup they're asking me if I think we'd sell him for 3 or 4 million.

It's tough because there's so many but they really do run Liverpool fans close for being totally uneducated about football.

Same as Mellberg?

Nah come off it. Mellberg bled claret and blue and I'm convinced he only left because O'Neill lost the plot, thought he was done and farmed him out wide. Inter or no Inter.

Mellberg was one of us. The day he left was a very sad day but he left with our blessing. I like Ron, he's a good player and I hope he stays, but I won't care about where he goes after, he won't have a special place in my heart. I'll say thanks Ron and instantly forget he was even here at all.

Im not talking about how loyal they are to Aston Villa or how you or us as fans feel about them.

Both were around the same age, had one last decent contract in them and have ran down to the last year with Villa. Mellberg spoke about having his last chance to go and play for another top club and in the Champions League, the same will apply to Vlaar. So from that point its pretty similar.

Same as Mellberg?

Nah come off it. Mellberg bled claret and blue and I'm convinced he only left because O'Neill lost the plot, thought he was done and farmed him out wide. Inter or no Inter.

Mellberg was one of us. The day he left was a very sad day but he left with our blessing. I like Ron, he's a good player and I hope he stays, but I won't care about where he goes after, he won't have a special place in my heart. I'll say thanks Ron and instantly forget he was even here at all.

Strongly disagree. You only need to watch the Sunderland away game last year, clearly injured but was MOTM in a must win game for us. Ron is one of us.

that was last season

it was and all. watch games with some Newcastle fans who keep moaning about it that it feels like longer :P

Ron is one of us.

He's far from one of us! None of them are. They have no concept of the lives we lead. Playing on whilst injured, is admirable but no more spectacular than me turning up to work when under the weather.

Ron vlaar cares mostly about Ron vlaar. And rightly so. He won't give us a second thought come full time I wouldn't have thought. Certainly won't think of us like we think of him.

Pretty sure there was something on talksport today where players/ex players admitted to not really having a clue what ticket prices were at their clubs.

Edited by Woodytom

Ron is one of us.

He's far from one of us! None of them are. They have no concept of the lives we lead. Playing on whilst injured, is admirable but no more spectacular than me turning up to work when under the weather.

Ron vlaar cares mostly about Ron vlaar. And rightly so. He won't give us a second thought come full time I wouldn't have thought. Certainly won't think of us like we think of him.

Pretty sure there was something on talksport today where players/ex players admitted to not really having a clue what ticket prices were at their clubs.

That is not a fair assessment on Ron.

Â