Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Can't remember what the prices of different league positions are, but for that pittance...it could mean a  drop down the league in places in excess of.

We don't owe vlaar anything to let him leave in January, so there is not an ounce of logic.  If he's not going to sign, and signals his intention to leave...he should not be given any favours and he can leave at the end of the season when he's out of contract.

Why would letting Vlaar leave in Jan mean we are doing him a favour? Wouldn't it be better for us if it means we get some money for him? Would think it would be better for him to leave out of contract as he could demand a higher wage anyway.

If we are relatively safe come Jan then id let him go for 4mill. Save another mill on his wages too. Be good chance to blood okore in ready for next season.

Okore looked promising in a couple games a season ago. While I understand your logic I think it would be dangerous to start next season with Okore pencilled in as Vlaar's replacement. He has a lot to prove before that.

Okore must be tested pretty soon though, if he's fit.

• Like 1

i think our players are more comfortable (not just the defenders) when Vlaar is playing. He will be a huge loss. 

I think if he wants to leave thats fine. He is on his last contract and will probably want to play for a big team who can win things. I cant begrudge him that. He hasn't asked to leave and has fulfilled his contract. Ideally i wouldnt want to sell him in January unless we had 25 points + and we were allowed to bring in another experienced CB to replace him and not rely on Baker. Otherwise i would wait until his contract runs out. 

I am not convinced that Man U or any other `big' team is interested. All I see is paper talk, and there were no moves for him in the summer.

Remember his age and injury record. He is more important to us than any other club, he knows he is a big fish for us and will be able to agree a contract commensurate with his importance, and he may well therefore sign an extension to his contract.

• Like 1

I am not convinced that Man U or any other `big' team is interested. All I see is paper talk, and there were no moves for him in the summer.

Remember his age and injury record. He is more important to us than any other club, he knows he is a big fish for us and will be able to agree a contract commensurate with his importance, and he may well therefore sign an extension to his contract.

Could well be right. Getting Van Gaal to help him get a better deal. I just expect Utd to go after a 20-30 million centre back.

This is pretty much the case I believe. Vlaar is much more important to us than he would be for anyone else. Sometimes this happens to a player. Right place at the right time with right environment. And a team that needs the player so badly that it is willing to wait for his annual injuries to be over. I hope, and think, that Vlaar sees this, and does the right thing and signs. More likely every day, I think.

• Like 2

This is pretty much the case I believe. Vlaar is much more important to us than he would be for anyone else. Sometimes this happens to a player. Right place at the right time with right environment. And a team that needs the player so badly that it is willing to wait for his annual injuries to be over. I hope, and think, that Vlaar sees this, and does the right thing and signs. More likely every day, I think.

How on earth is it "more likely every day"?  I'd say every day we get closer to January and he can start talking to other clubs makes it more likely he'll go.

How on earth is it "more likely every day"?  I'd say every day we get closer to January and he can start talking to other clubs makes it more likely he'll go.

But he can't talk to Man Utd without our permission until next summer.

Â