Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Southampton reported to have tabled a bid. No idea how much.

I don't suppose it's possible, but would anyone take a smaller amount of cash plus Yoshida? He's not great in the air, but pretty decent otherwise, and Saints obviously don't trust him as a starter. 

Would Lerner want to cash in? Its not like he can sell vlaar and just keep the money for himself. Or am I wrong?

Very wrong. It's up to Lerner where the money made from any sale goes to. If he wants to pocket it, he has every right to do so as owner of this company.

When it comes to Vlaar himself, I wouldnt blame him if he wants to leave. If Lambert can talk him in to staying, or even signing a new contract I would be very very pleased, but I wouldn't hold it against Ron if he gets the opportunity for a big move and decides he wants to go.

The general uncertainty were operating in this summer really isnt mixing well with all this heat! People don't seem to know whether we're coming or going! I can only hope that the squad (including Ron) have been given certain assurances and/or made a bit more confident about whats going on because it's obvious from people talking on here and other places that as fans we don't have a clue.

How far we have fallen, to think we could have players cherry picked by a club the size of Southampton.

To be fair, they have got money to burn though

Through great management, through appointing brilliant coaches, through sustainable purchases, through using good youngsters (unfortunately, ours are over-rated).

A majority is down to the mismanagement of our club, which will leave us behind smaller clubs for a long time yet.

If the Roma interest is real, and they have certainly been splashing the cash, he will go there. Better than the ignominy of selling to Southampton or QPR or other small clubs.

• Like 1

How far we have fallen, to think we could have players cherry picked by a club the size of Southampton.

To be fair, they have got money to burn though

Through great management, through appointing brilliant coaches, through sustainable purchases, through using good youngsters (unfortunately, ours are over-rated).

A majority is down to the mismanagement of our club, which will leave us behind smaller clubs for a long time yet.

Agree with every word

That phrase is so overused on here. First of all nothing has happened yet but even if it did, it wouldn't be the first time one of our better players got poached by a club with smaller history.

I say history because Southampton are actually doing pretty well for themselves right now in the present day. They've just made a lot of money too from having to sell some of their own best players.

As proud as I am of our history I think people should stop going on about it. Most players simply don't care. Money talks and at the moment Southampton have a lot of it and we have very little.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

I said this before lerner should of sorted vlaar a new deal before the world cup just incase he performs ill applaud him when he returns to villa park and it is the idiot lerner we should vent are anger at by staying away from games

I said this before lerner should of sorted vlaar a new deal before the world cup just incase he performs ill applaud him when he returns to villa park and it is the idiot lerner we should vent are anger at by staying away from games

To be fair there was talk of Vlaar going before the World Cup.

I appreciate that but we should if tried to protect are assets which he clearly hasnt every good business must do this mr numpty hasnt even bothered cos hes cutting costs ill have a pint when we go down knowing he has lost his investment knowing i love the villa and always will

I appreciate that but we should if tried to protect are assets which he clearly hasnt every good business must do this mr numpty hasnt even bothered cos hes cutting costs ill have a pint when we go down knowing he has lost his investment knowing i love the villa and always will

Wait, so you're saying you'll be happy if we go down because it will hurt Lerner? Are you actually serious?

But I agree that we should have sorted this out sooner, but we don't really know what goes on behind the scenes.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

I agree that we should have sorted this out sooner, but we don't really know what goes on behind the scenes.

I honestly think nothing happens lerner is clueless id take a nobody in charge as long as he cared like me you and the thousands of others. It is very nieve to think our history will make players stay. I see it like this vlaar before world cup would possiby stay and sign a new deal after his great worldcup absolutely NO CHANCE will he stay this is just my thoughts but anyone thinking clever knows this will happen

That phrase is so overused on here. First of all nothing has happened yet but even if it did, it wouldn't be the first time one of our better players got poached by a club with smaller history.

I say history because Southampton are actually doing pretty well for themselves right now in the present day. They've just made a lot of money too from having to sell some of their own best players.

As proud as I am of our history I think people should stop going on about it. Most players simply don't care. Money talks and at the moment Southampton have a lot of it and we have very little.

And the fact Southampton can easily out spend us shows how far we've fallen.

It shows just how much they've improved more than anything.

It shows just how much they've improved more than anything.
I think it's just a fact we've fallen. There's no denying that now. We don't have funds as long as Lerner owns us.

But make no mistake - we'll be back! Things will get better, we just have to endure this dismal period and stay up.

Edit: sorry my post is OT.

Edited by AVTuco

Not really. Regardless of who it is we're struggling to compete with midtable teams. That's not a sign of they're improvement its a sign of how we've dropped.

Obviously things are pretty bad now but as I said I really do think that phrase is massively overused on here. Some are acting as if we've gone from title chasers to certain relegation.

Southampton have actually improved a lot though. In this particular case it's more of a sign of how they've improved and also of the different ownership situation.

Â