General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. I just got off the phone with Randy...literally! I took the time to read him some of the very kind posts that just came on the site...and he was very touched. He asked me to pass on to the folks on Villa Talk that he appreciates their comments and good wishes. He fully understands that there may well be rough days ahead...that we are not where we want to be...but he does appreciate the fan support for MON, the Team and him.

3. Nike's distribution system will be very helpful and key to our marketing strategy. They are real pros and I am sure that we will see some innovative actions being taken.

Thanks General, i'm glad that yourself and Randy know how much your efforts are appreciated by us Villa fans.

Early doors i know but any ideas when we might see some Nike ideas for next season kit? ;)

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. I just got off the phone with Randy...literally! I took the time to read him some of the very kind posts that just came on the site...and he was very touched. He asked me to pass on to the folks on Villa Talk that he appreciates their comments and good wishes. He fully understands that there may well be rough days ahead...that we are not where we want to be...but he does appreciate the fan support for MON, the Team and him.

2. As soon as we get the dates and locations for the Summer Tour, I will get the info to you...and then strategize about possible group movement, etc. I fully understand the funding issues and perhaps we can get a group price...if we can have enough people who want to go. Knowing Randy, he will attempt to make the fans who actually come over to support the Team very much a part of some of the activities...practices, etc.

3. Nike's distribution system will be very helpful and key to our marketing strategy. They are real pros and I am sure that we will see some innovative actions being taken.

I'm sure that thousands of us will appear in the stands at Home Depot Centre or whereever we go. Would be great for us to get some close contact with the players and staff, it crates a closer bond between fans and staff. I fully intend to get as many as possible of my ex pat relations out there to come to watch with me on the West Coast (if we have a game there that is).

What do you think of the link up between the Colorado Rapids and Arsenal? Ithink it is quite a good complimentary relationship, do you think Randy would consider taking on a MLS club himself? This could be boom time for the sport in the US, it's now or never really in my opinion.

General,

The other day, Prince William was watching England play Rugby (as seen on TV). Obviously the man has nothing to do at weekends... :)

Any chance you could see if he's available to visit Villa Park so that he can watch a REAL game or two? It's gotta be worth getting your people to at least ask his people. More valuable exposure for the Villa, I would imagine.

I think I'll post my first suggestion for the General:

In North America, radio broadcasts of the Premiership can be heard on Sirius Satellite Radio. Roughly half of the Villa games this season have been selected to air on this service.

Recently, Sirius inked a deal with Chelsea to broadcast every Chelsea match with Chelsea commentary and in addition do a Chelsea-specific pregame show (including phone-ins... I've considered making some wind-up calls, I must admit).

I think that, as part of a campaign to sell the club in North America, reaching a similar arrangement with Sirius would be beneficial. Sirius is establishing themselves as a must-have service for football fans in North America, with the only daily football show, alongside Premiership and Champions League rights (in comparison, the competing service has the World Cup and Mexican league). Many of these listeners are at this point casual and have not selected their club, and I would think that the more we can expose these listeners to Villa, the more of them will become Villa fans.

Hi General

I have a suggestion regarding the 25 year celebrations.

It would be great if the club could make a giant flag for the fans to spread throughout the stand.

We had one (not sure if it was from a fan or the club) a few years ago but it was just a plain claret and blue check and not totally massive.

I was thinking of something more along the lines of the one AC Milan had a few years ago depicting their players.

I am sure someone better with computers than me could post a picture of it.

Something really huge and impressive would be brill to show around when the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal who have not won the Euro Cup come to town, just to show them whose boss!

General,

The other day, Prince William was watching England play Rugby (as seen on TV). Obviously the man has nothing to do at weekends... :)

Any chance you could see if he's available to visit Villa Park so that he can watch a REAL game or two? It's gotta be worth getting your people to at least ask his people. More valuable exposure for the Villa, I would imagine.

According to the General's postings on H&V contact has already been established in order to get our famous royal fan to VP.

Hi General,

Two suggestions for the club.

1) In terms of the approach to Villa Park and celebrating the history of the team I'd really like to see us do something like this. My suggestions would be Dennis Mortimer or Paul McGrath but I'm sure there would be other contenders.

2) In terms of community work (and picking up on Randy's comments recently about the role of football) Villa have always been quite active in community activities but as fans we don't alwasy hear about it. Also I don't think the club has used the enormous fan base to help local causes in the same way as other clubs do (volunteering, football coaching etc). Any plans on this front?

Thanks and congratulations on a lot of the work that has already been done!

2. As soon as we get the dates and locations for the Summer Tour, I will get the info to you...and then strategize about possible group movement, etc. I fully understand the funding issues and perhaps we can get a group price...if we can have enough people who want to go. Knowing Randy, he will attempt to make the fans who actually come over to support the Team very much a part of some of the activities...practices, etc.

New England is a hotbed of 'soccer' fans and I'm sure they would welcome a Villa visit. I remember in recent years going to Rentschler Field (near Hartford) to watch Celtic v Liverpool (wearing my Villa top of course) and the crowd was pretty good...Maybe Villa could join the European Summer 'invasion' :shock: with the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Bareclona et al.....come on you know it makes sense. Oh, and my over-30's team is available too...but don't worry we'll go easy on the boys :winkold:

General Krulak here:

1. Again, times/dates/locations of US Tour are not solidified as yet. We need to go where we can have the greatest impact and where we can find the teams to play. This is a coordinated effort and Bob Kain is using many of his contacts to make this happen.

2. We have just contacted the Staffordshire Regiment and told them that Aston Villa would welcome, for free, all members of the Battalion currently serving in Basra, Iraq to a game at Villa Park next season. The Battalion does not return until the summer. This is one indication of Randy's desire to serve the community.

3. I will be speaking with Dennis Mortimer tomorrow re. the 25th Anniversay Celebration. Do not worry, we will do this right!! We are well on the way to planning this celebration...it will be a great series of events...not just one. As soon as we nail down the Plans we will make them public...to include the media. BUT, we need to finalize the plans.

Just like to say how happy i am that a US tour has been announced. It seems a lot more attractive than the scandinavian tours that preceeded it under the ellis regime. Although you have already mentioned it General, i think offering some sort of package for the fans to go to america would be brilliant, im sure with yourself and Randy in charge this is already in the pipeline.

UpTheVilla

General Krulak here:

1. Again, times/dates/locations of US Tour are not solidified as yet. We need to go where we can have the greatest impact and where we can find the teams to play. This is a coordinated effort and Bob Kain is using many of his contacts to make this happen.

2. We have just contacted the Staffordshire Regiment and told them that Aston Villa would welcome, for free, all members of the Battalion currently serving in Basra, Iraq to a game at Villa Park next season. The Battalion does not return until the summer. This is one indication of Randy's desire to serve the community.

3. I will be speaking with Dennis Mortimer tomorrow re. the 25th Anniversay Celebration. Do not worry, we will do this right!! We are well on the way to planning this celebration...it will be a great series of events...not just one. As soon as we nail down the Plans we will make them public...to include the media. BUT, we need to finalize the plans.

I'm sure it will be excellent, what with Bob Kain's contacts and know how.

I like the idea of inviting the Staffs Regiment, it is a chance for us to give something tangible back, how many servicemen are in the regiment?

Sir Dennis must be delighted that he is finally receiving the kind of respect that he deserves, I know that for many of us it was embarassing to hear talk of our hero not being truly welcome.

Whilst we are all thinking about anniversaries can I remind you General of the 50th anniversary of the 1957 FA Cup win being this year too, we shouln't neglect them either.

Can I offer some praise to the club General.

I went to the love in a box event last night and it was really special to be in a north stand box right over the goal with just Claire and I looking over a floodlit pitch

Can I pass on my thanks to the staff and the chef for an excellent job done on the night.

Hi there General,

I´ve just read on another thread about a training stint in Spain. Could you reveal where exactly or is that classified? I live in Spain and would love the opportunity to see the players while they are here.

Many thanks,

Niall.

Thanks for the quick update General, hope you enjoy/enjoyed your discussions with Sir Dennis Mortimer, a previous General of Aston Villa, a midfield General. Went to a signing of the book 'The Road to Rotterdam' and he was signing with Gary Shaw and Tony Morley as well as the author, Rob Bishop. Sir Dennis was still the leader and when signing my European Cup shirt 'instructed me to 'hold it tight' so that he could sign it properly, a born leader.