General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Niall,

The training in Spain will take place Tuesday-Saturday at Malagar, Spain.

That's first class service if ever I saw it!

Yes, that's top class indeed. Many thanks General. I'll get my map out!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. I had a great talk with Dennis...what a class act!! He has agreed to help us with the 25th Anniversay and I can tell you, it will be a very special weekend. I won't give you any specifics as yet....suffice it to say,it will be great. Dennis is our point of contact with the players and will be acting as sort of a "Master of Ceremonies" for the event.

I can't wait! Hopefully Peter Withe and Jimmy Rimmer will be there too as they have been abroad a while. Last I heard Jimmy was living in British Columbia, it would be a nice touch if Randy could give him a lift on the way over from Cleveland.

2. We have just contacted the Staffordshire Regiment and told them that Aston Villa would welcome, for free, all members of the Battalion currently serving in Basra, Iraq to a game at Villa Park next season. The Battalion does not return until the summer. This is one indication of Randy's desire to serve the community.

My cousin will be over the moon with that! Life long Villa fan!

General,

Exactly a year ago my family & I (including son Luke Aston...) moved to California for work reasons. Prior to this time I had either been a season ticket holder or avid follower for the past 15 years. Very frankly leaving the country wouldn’t have been an option for me earlier in my supporting days (for football reasons) however the past couple of years were such a turn-off I had no qualms about moving 6,000 miles from Villa Park.

Of course as we all now know, no sooner had I got on the plane Mr. Lerner appeared on the scene & the rest is history!

I now find myself in the very strange situation of falling back in love with the club I once lived & breathed; yet having to do it from the other side of the planet! I guess I now know how it feels to have a long distance love affair! My life is made slightly easier by the fact that just about every Villa game is now shown either live or delayed on Fox Soccer Network or Setanta, however as I am sure you can appreciate its just not the same...

Very recently it was announced on these very pages that the guys over in NY were going to try to set up a US Villa supporters club & even had a website up & running. As they requested I immediately gave them my contact details via the website. However a month or so later they announced that for whatever reason they would just be keeping it to the NY fans for the moment until they could expand it further. It now looks like the site hasn’t been updated since the start of the year.

I certainly don't want to sound unappreciative of these guys’ work & efforts. I have a full time job & I can certainly imagine how much effort this must have taken just to have gotten this far. However it has left me feeling disappointed that we are unable to form a collective of fans when I know that we have so many over here. It also concerns me that with all of the added interest we must have gained from our brothers in seal brown & orange (the Browns fans for the initiated) that we don’t have any way of harnessing & tracking this support & yes, I hate to say it, potential revenue.

Very recently I attended an totally amateur England Vs. Scotland game here in Ventura Co. with my son & was surprised to find four Villa fans in the team or on the sidelines. The only way we met was that they saw my son wearing his Villa shirt. I appreciate that California & New York probably have the largest amount of ex-pats of anywhere in the U.S., however this was sleepy Simi Valley, not Beverly Hills!

What finally made me put pen to paper was the announcement of the much-speculated U.S. tour. Although I was ecstatic at the news surely we need to try & have some organization (sorry organisation, I’ve been here too long!) in place to help co-ordinate & best capture the goodwill & interest that will no doubt follow the event?

Before anyone shoots me down, yes I would be willing to help. Before leaving the U.K. I was secretary & then chairman of a trade association (without compensation & alongside my day to day job) & know what it takes to make things like this work & frankly I don’t think it can work simply based on fan power alone. The club will have to support this effort if it isn’t just going to die a death like the previous attempts. Please add this to your list of things to be looked at & hopefully sooner rather than later if we aren’t to miss the boat this summer.

Rant over. Please keep up the excellent work, thank Randy for everything & please consider bringing the Villa to the West coast in the summer!

General Krulak here:

1. I had a great talk with Dennis...what a class act!! He has agreed to help us with the 25th Anniversay and I can tell you, it will be a very special weekend. I won't give you any specifics as yet....suffice it to say,it will be great. Dennis is our point of contact with the yers and will be acting as sort of a "Master of Ceremonies" for the event.

Contrast this to the self centered old fool on the simon mayo show .

I cant wait for the 25th celebrations , myself and 6 year old lad will enjoy every minute.

General the word class often can be over used but sir Dennis and youre good self are true class !

General Krulak here:

As some of the fans will tell you, I have not always been the bearer of good news on this site. I also hope they will tell you that I tell the truth. BUT, it is good when I can pass info a little "early" and let you all know what Randy, MOn and the Club are thinking.

Love the post from LA!! I hope we get out in your neck of the woods. As I have indicated, we are still making the plans.

general, the recent episode which was reported on this site the other day about the Motreal Gazzette sayin Randy was out of touch and not loved by the fans, and the subsequent 1500+ angry emails they recieved demanding they correct their blatant mistake (my email among them).....

my question is was Randy aware of it? I hope so as it really shows how appreciated he is by us and I'd like to make sure he knows it..

General, I am not sure if this has been mentioned before in this thread, but someone told me that the official fan sites of teams like Chelsea and Manchester Utd also have a Chinese version of it. Which, of course, makes it easier to capture the big market of football fans there. Aston Villa have probably thought of this a long time ago, and have plans for this as well, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Keep up the good work! Loving every minute of beeing a Villa fan now!!

General Krulak here:

1. Yes, Randy was aware of the article in the Montreal paper. He did not give it much thought UNTIL our Fans got involved. He was obviously touched that so many would refute the article!!

2. I do not wear my uniform anymore. When I attend the games I wear a sports jacket and a shirt...no tie. I am at a sporting event and I don't like to put on a suit or coat and tie...I like to be able to jump up and shout w/o worrying that I will rip a suit.

3. As I have mentioned before, we are looking at many ways to get our name out there...not only in the UK but around the world. TV, Chinese language, etc....all will be topics of further discussions as we move into the off season.

General,

I know it's not a big issue, but would it be possible for the official site to say what ticket allocation we've been given / taken for away games?

Under the prevous regime it would have been to find out how many times they prevented people who wanted to attend from doing so, at the risk of losing a few quid if they didn't get sold.

Now I just think it's good to see what kind of numbers we'll have following us every other week. A load of other clubs do it already.....

Cheers.

Just about to post something about the above ^^^

I'm not sure how much of a say you have on the official website General, but I am disappointed by the lack of information on the Reserve/Academy teams.

Just merely scanning across other websites such as those of Chelsea and Charlton Athletic, they have profiles of players, photo's from the matches and league tables, we currently have just fixtures/results, which - in my view - is quite shocking considering our respected and reknowed ability to produce youth players consistently.

Thanks for reading General, keep up the top work.