General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello General,

Living in NZ unless the Villa games are on TV we are unable to get any other coverage. I used to be able to listen to the match commentary on the Official AVFC Site until this moved to the Villa World site a couple of years ago. If the cost to be a Villa World member was cheaper I may consider joining but with the time difference (meaning most afternoon games are played 3-4 in the morning NZ time) and the poor NZ exchange rate this is unlikely to happen.

Are we ever likely to have match commentary/Villa Radio on a free to air website? Other than the obvious reason (money) why is there the need for the Villa World site surely the club is better served by promoting its official site as the number one site for the team? Could something be done for local and international fans by having game commentary made available?

Would appreciate your thoughts on this?

smokers are being persecuted on the bases that passive smoking is bad for you, fair enough it is but no where near as bad for people as the government makes it out to be, but thats another deabate

It may or may not be as bad as made out but the fact is that it is bad and therefore should be stopped.

General,

Two points

You may have mentioned something about this before, but what is the likelihood that villa will go on a pre-season tour of america, i for one would follow it and i know others who would be first on the plane if it went ahead.

Secondly, is villa village going to be refurbished as i think its very average. With the amount of land Villa Park has i feel we could muster up a better shop than that, it is very much in line with the poor quality standards Mr ellis abided by. Whatever happens to the shop could it be possible for fans to buy more Cleveland Browns merchandise. I for one would buy their 'shirt' or any other merchandise the club offers.

Cheers, keep up the great work. Randy is my idol.

General Krulak here:

1. Yes, we will be going on a pre-season tour in the US. Details, dates, locations, etc. are currently being worked out. Whe the dates and locations are nailed down, we will immediately make them available to our fans.

2. Yes, Villa Village is going to be totally re-done. It is part of our plan and will make our "shop" world class. We will be selling both Villa and Browns merchandise. You would be surprised at the number of Villa shirts that are "popping up" in Cleveland and other locations around the USA.

3. As I have mentioned before, we know we have a LOOONG way to go with our web site...bear with us.

General,

I am still in awe that we have a Director of AVFC viewing & replying to the fans online.

I could probably add a thousand suggestions about how we could improve our great trust, but I have every faith in Randy, yourself & the team.

All Villa fan's cried out for change & what as taken place since the takeover is fantastic & a great marker for things to come.

Could you please pass on my thank's to Randy for choosing us & if anytime you fancy a visit to a supporters home, my family will make you most welcome.

General Krulak here:

1. Yes, we will be going on a pre-season tour in the US. Details, dates, locations, etc. are currently being worked out. Whe the dates and locations are nailed down, we will immediately make them available to our fans.

2. Yes, Villa Village is going to be totally re-done. It is part of our plan and will make our "shop" world class. We will be selling both Villa and Browns merchandise. You would be surprised at the number of Villa shirts that are "popping up" in Cleveland and other locations around the USA.

3. As I have mentioned before, we know we have a LOOONG way to go with our web site...bear with us.

Fantastic news General with regards the tour, hopefully we will be playing in California when I am out there, I may have to make excuses with my family to create a delay so I can ensure I am out there for it.

Excellent news about the shop being redone, the current one reminds me of an American fast food outlet, something like Wendys.

I remember you saying that we were working on the current City Centre store/new store too, now that we are with Nike will they have a more influential role in this and will they have a full range of products similar to that of Nike Town which closed in the Bullring recently. In fact I think that the site there would be perfect for a Villa shop, on two floors so plenty of space, a prime location with plenty of footfall and surronded by the right sort of neighbours such as Massimo Dutti and Selfridges, giving a real sense of quality. Lets face it if there is one thing that the name Aston Villa is, it's quality.

General,

i thought i would add my thank you to you and randy once again, as i haven't really shown my appreciation since on the first page when you first joined villlatalk and that was only a very short post.

I'm one of the slightly younger generation of fans (17), so i haven't had to endure as many bad times as the elder members on this forum, but i haven't been old enough to really enjoy any success with villa either.

I've been a season ticket holder for about 5 seasons, and last season was by far the most depressing, i use to see going to see the villa as almost a chore, and when at the game i would find myself day dreaming not even concentrating on the games, due to the poor showing on the pitch and just the general unhappy atmosphere around the stadium.

But now there has been hope brought back to aston villa, even if we are on a losing run i am looking forward to the games with a smile on my face and checking on the internet everyday, wanting to hear and discuss the latest news with the club. I want to thank you and randy for that.

It really is amazing whats happened at villa park in recent times,

we've got a brilliant owner, who wants the best for the club, and is not just thinking about his pocket or doing his best to take the spotlight away from villa and onto himself.

we have a great professional board, who have fantastic experience and reputations, and a certain one who is willing to speak to the fans over the internet, it really is amazing.

We have probably one of the best managers around in martin o'neill, who would have thought we would be able to bring someone like him in at the end of last season?

we are building the new training ground, we have just made a deal with a brilliant kit maker, and we have brought in players who would never have even considered joining aston villa before this season.

Another very important thing we now have, is renewed hope and ambition, its brilliant to think its not just the fans who are dreaming of winning trophies and being the best club in the world. Its also great to know that we are willing to compete in trying to bring quality players to the club, and not just feeding on other teams scraps by buying mediocre players who will just do, and not improve the team.

i feel like i've died and gone to heaven with what has happened with this club, and i can't wait for the time when we finally bring home to villa park some silverware.

so thank you general and randy and everyone involved for turning this club around, and finally bringing ambition and hope back to villa park - to be the very best.

on a side note general, sorry if this has been mentioned but are the fans going to vote on what our kit is going to be next season?, or are randy and nike going to decide?

i think it would be better if the professionals in nike and randy decide on the kit as i'm sure the best one willl be chosen, and it will also stop arguments on here! :lol:

I agree with the above comment. If you read this post General, thanks for the news on nike being our sponsor. This revelation is far more important than a signing of a player in my eyes. Nike are the best and sponsor the best, this therefore means we are the best. We may not at the moment but we will be. If it wasnt for the fact i had AVFC tatooed on my back and been to 90% of our home and away games this season (student....) i would not have bought our shirt.....its hideous, even as a student i do not condone gambling and feel the quality of our shirt under hummell and 32red, is extremely poor. Therefore bringing nike in is a touch of genious.

I have to oppose the statement above stating that randy and martin should pick the kit, i feel the fans should have an integral say in it (like the badge). This will inevitably make it better.

i am 19 years old and have had a season ticket for 14 years now. Can i just say that i have never been more proud to wear my villa shirt. Even though i am a student in cardiff, in wear my shirt around the town centre and even on nights out in our union. Although Man utd fans (in cardiff...yes....) cant and wont understand, i love villa and feel it is in the best hands with you and randy in charge. You are awesome in every way shape and form, and if ever you do offer a graduate job for people like me, then let me know straight away!

Up the villa

i don't want to ruin the thread by making a debate or anything, but i do think having randy and nike decide the kit is the way forward

i mean the main two factors we want is style and it being traditional

randy understands tradition and will have researched on villas history, as tradition is very important to him and putting that together with nike who will have world class designers, will make sure its stylish and traditional.

Its a perfect formula for a great kit!

Sam100 i do agree with you actually, randy hasnt let us down as of yet. But the kit is being bought by thousands of fans, let the final decision be made by the general, fitz, the general and Nike, but at least let the fans have a say in some way. Mr Krulak and Randy have made villa a democracy, a great club again and im sure whatever happens will be great.

Absolutely no need for the Ellis comment - Bicks

Hi General,

With regards to the Pre-season tour in America, are there plans to pay a deposit first for the the trip with the outstanding balance to be paid before the departure ?

I only ask because i really want to go and i don't think it will be cheap. I also have to pay for my wife and children's holiday this year so you can see where i'm coming from !

General Krulak here:

1. I just got off the phone with Randy...literally! I took the time to read him some of the very kind posts that just came on the site...and he was very touched. He asked me to pass on to the folks on Villa Talk that he appreciates their comments and good wishes. He fully understands that there may well be rough days ahead...that we are not where we want to be...but he does appreciate the fan support for MON, the Team and him.

2. As soon as we get the dates and locations for the Summer Tour, I will get the info to you...and then strategize about possible group movement, etc. I fully understand the funding issues and perhaps we can get a group price...if we can have enough people who want to go. Knowing Randy, he will attempt to make the fans who actually come over to support the Team very much a part of some of the activities...practices, etc.

3. Nike's distribution system will be very helpful and key to our marketing strategy. They are real pros and I am sure that we will see some innovative actions being taken.