General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General, I have seen randy's comments on the staduim and good stuff, I like especially the comments on the signage, it makes us look so cheap something a lot of us have said when the Holte end was built.

However a word on the gates. We have three sets at VP.

North stand - Witton Lane

Trinity road stand entrance

Holte End gates - trinity road

Now on my bike ride today my route took me past the Hawthorns and they have the Jeff Astle gates and I have to say they looked very impressive. I would say say that we should do the same at VP and name at least one gate - Holte End after our most beloved player/manager by a public vote, I would love to walk through the Ron Saunders gates next season to my seat on the Holte.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. I will mention the idea of a player or two on the web sites...but it is a double-edged sword. They should not be placed in a situation that they are asked questions that they can't or shouldn't answer...which means that Martin would have to play a role too. Also, anything on this site (or others) beocmes fair game for the press. Some things that seem like good ideas can have unbelievable unintended consequences.

2. Gates. In the US, sometimes gates are named after corporate sponsors...as well as people.

General, just wondering if there is any plans to or if it is possible for a pre-season friendly cup/league. Ajax do one against manchester united, Fc Porto and Inter Milan and is given alot of TV coverage and if we were to play against some bigger european, south american or asian teams it could be a good way to boost the clubs profile.

General Krulak here:

1. I will mention the idea of a player or two on the web sites...but it is a double-edged sword. They should not be placed in a situation that they are asked questions that they can't or shouldn't answer...which means that Martin would have to play a role too. Also, anything on this site (or others) beocmes fair game for the press. Some things that seem like good ideas can have unbelievable unintended consequences.

2. Gates. In the US, sometimes gates are named after corporate sponsors...as well as people.

1. Ahhh the refreshing smell of shrewd business

2. Ahhh the refreshing smell of things to come....?

However General, on the point of number 1; How about sorting some sort of player/ fan meet and greet/Q+A at the season end or during pre-season? That way, things may not be taken so literally nor have such an adverse affect!

General,

On the potential for questions for players, if we e-mailed them, it would give the club plenty of scope to pick out nasty questions (and nasty answers.)

Now if you don't mind I'm off home for the opening of my newly re-named Bushmills-Krulak front gate !

:winkold:

General.

I'd like to say a big thank you and well done to everyone at the club that has been involved in backing Alan Perrin for the Barclays fan on the month award.

The articles on the official site have been excellent, and it's great to know that regardless of the result of the BBC's poll you've made sure that Alan is already a winner, and in a way I think that means we all are.

Thanks again General, that's great work.

:D

I would just like to repeat the sentiments on here and wish a wholehearty thanks to your good self, Randy and rest of the team. I've been a "lurker" on this site for many years and it is only now I feel I have the confidence to discuss and interact about my beloved club holding my head up high - for that you have my sincere thanks.

General Krulak here:

Tubby...I only wish I was as shrewd as you seem to think. I'm just trying to pose some of the issues with having a direct-to-player exchange. I absolutely agree that Fan-Player interaction is a MUST and we are not doing a great job with that right now. We have some good ideas to move that forward and hopefully you will be seeing some of our efforts bear fruit soon. As for naming gates, I was just saying that this sort of thing is done in the states...just as info.

I know that Martin is looking a friendlies but no decisions have been made at this time. He is open to many ideas.

With regards forums I have been to a few now that be on Capital Gold and they can be quite interesting although all 3 had different atmospheres. The 1st one was with Graham Taylor and you just felt that he wasn't going to be there very long. The second one was with Milan Baros and Mark Delaney because DO'L was too chicken to do a forum. It wasn't really going anywhere with questions like 'what is it like to play in the World Cup?', I shook it up a bit then by asking 'How does it feel when your manager puts you down all the time?' Tom Ross jumped in to protect the lads from any retribution from the manager and then more and more questions were challenging DO'L and the atmosphere got prety heated. The best of the lot was with MO'N this season in Longbridge and there were 6000 applications, the atmosphere was electric and MO'N was clearly taken aback by the reception, if he didn't know how big this club was he did then. A clearly intelligent bloke who isn't pretentious and doesn't shy away from any questions posed to him.

Brummie exile living in the states, new to this site. General, firstly thank you for liberating the Villa! Randy has done so much for the Villa already and my optimism for the club has not be so high since the Saunders days. You seem to have a real feel for the club, and fans already. I understand Randy's need to conduct business with commendable morals, and respect for business associates, however surely the time has come to tear down the self appointed tribute of the name of Doug Ellis on the Witton Lane stand.

My own preference would be for the stand to be renamed The Ron Saunders Stand with the Tony Barton upper tier, having a nice ring to it. Although any change would be welcomed.

Any news yet general when we are going to announce a new sponser or when new kit is going to be shown,also will plans of new north stand be made public soon.

Of course, there is a possibility that 32Red will stay if they can't agree settlement with Villa. If they think exposure next season will be increased so it's worth more than the settlement they will stay.

General Krulak here:

1. John has made a very good point. We try to be ethical business men (I know, sometimes an oxymoron) and, therefore, you honour committments made. If there is an agreement between individuals and both sides have honored that agreement, then "breaking" the agreement is neither wise nor ethical. We will see where it leads us in the future.

2. We should be seeing the new kit, new badge, etc. over the next weeks and, possibly, months. We want to introduce them in the best possible way.

3. Saintlouisvilla. You have probably not seen my answer on this one before but...here goes. Randy is absolutely NOT the type of man to come into a situation and deliberately stick someone in the eye. That is not his style. He respects Doug Ellis for what he did for 39 years...some great things, some good things and some not so good things. He is not interested in how the stand was named...only that it bears Doug's name now...and to remove that name would be small and petty...and NOT who Randy Lerner is.

4. Am I addicted to VillaTalk? Mrs "K" would give one answer, I would give another. She would say I am addicted...I would say that I have made new friends and enjoy the give and take.

A point about the kits. Do you think it will be possible to be out before the summer holidays, because i never get to wear my new Villa top on my summer jollys. In the past, sometimes its not out before the start of the season. I always got jealous of other fans showing off there new kits, and not ours.

Hi General,

Sorry if you've been asked this already but I don't remember reading it, are you flying over for the Arsenal or Liverpool games (or both)? I know you said you booked flights over for the original date but it was re-arranged, are you still planning on coming over, also will Randy be?

A point about the kits. Do you think it will be possible to be out before the summer holidays, because i never get to wear my new Villa top on my summer jollys. In the past, sometimes its not out before the start of the season. I always got jealous of other fans showing off there new kits, and not ours.

This is by no means official, however I have a friend who owns a sports shop and he has informed me that he has already had to place his order in for the new Villa home kit which is pencilled to arrive in July!! Hope this helps.

General Krulak here:

1. Paddy, both Randy and I will be in the UK all week long...Arsenal and Liverpool...plus lots of work.

2. Kits will be ready during summer. The "away kit" is something very special...and the home kit is very smart. Please don't ask me what they look like because I obviously will not be able to answer the question. BUT...you will like both.

Very special eh?

Seeing that teams wear their next seasons kit in the last game of the season it will be nice to have a retro European Cup final shirt in the last game before we celebrate the 25th anniversary. You can't say what the shirt is like without seeing it with the badge which must surely mean the badge has been finalised.