General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

I will see what I can do to get the official site to start providing a bit more info. As you know, Richard is working at doing a full "sweep" of the web site and other fan communications. We need to do a MUCH better job across the board. We are obviously NOT where we want to be.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

Following on your comments on the official website upgrade. Is it possible that extras to the improved site could be added to include more screensavers, desktop backgrounds & themes, downloads for your mobile (ringtones, themes) etc all things that a Villa fan can download and have on their computer or mobile.

If this is not possible on the official site could there be a link to say a sister site which is more fan friendly and encourages fan participation on an ongoing basis with the running of monthly competitions regular giveaways etc.

Just a few thoughts late Monday night NZ time!!

I must admit that i am very impressed how often you communicate via this site General. It certainly makes me (and I would guess many others) feel more a part of the football club. Keep up the good work.

I have read some very good ideas here from other fans and I would just like to add a couple of very small (and perhaps insignificant!) ones:

(1) You have mentioned about the club website being updated/changed (if i have understood correctly). Would it be possible to build a new one from the ground up so to speak? As ours seems to be based on a template used it has to be said by many "smaller" teams. I also do not much like the big premium tv banner that pops up first. In fairness the content is updated far more regually these days (or perhaps i am just checking it more often?!) But it is not a very 'clean' site compared to say the Man Utd site. (Which I only checked for researching this blog; before I get accussed of disloyalty!)

(2) This point may appear rather small fry. But as a keen purveyor of football games i notice that the most repected of these: Pro Evolution Soccer, does not have an Aston Villa License. It does not have one for many Prem clubs to be fair. But it does for Manchester Utd and Arsenal. As these games are played around the world (USA and Japan in particular) i feel that an Aston Villa license would help to raise our profile worldwide. (Plus it would be more fun for me!) Any ideas on why only certain clubs grant licenses for such products and if we have any plans to give ours to the developers?

Thanks again for your continued efforts. - Jim

Another comment for the website - I think getting rid of the VillaWorld subscription service would be a good idea. If the video content was accessible to everyone the website would get a lot more hits, and slightly more interest in the club would be generated.

Also, what about linking fan sites like this so that these sites can grow.

Hi General

Sorry no suggestions just a question my Father has asked me to pose. My parents are over in Spain this week on holiday - apparently it is non stop rain and as the Villa are over there training he asked me to see if fans are allowed to pop down to the training camp or is it completely closed to the public.

Thanks in advance

General Krulak here:

1. No problem watching practice.

2. As I indicated, we are doing a total scrub of the web site...bottom up. Again, we need to "pace" all of our efforts...we can't do everything at once. THE key issue is to get the players we need...so we need to pace our other activities.

(2) This point may appear rather small fry. But as a keen purveyor of football games i notice that the most repected of these: Pro Evolution Soccer, does not have an Aston Villa License. It does not have one for many Prem clubs to be fair. But it does for Manchester Utd and Arsenal. As these games are played around the world (USA and Japan in particular) i feel that an Aston Villa license would help to raise our profile worldwide. (Plus it would be more fun for me!) Any ideas on why only certain clubs grant licenses for such products and if we have any plans to give ours to the developers?

I understand that Pro Evo are only allowed 2 licenced teams due to EA's FIFA owning everything.

Thanks for the reply General about the training camp - will have to see if I can get some pictures posted on here for anyone interested!

And in response to the point about the Website and the process of change.. nice to see that the priorities for once are the team/players and not if we can host cup semi finals etc!

I understand that Pro Evo are only allowed 2 licenced teams due to EA's FIFA owning everything.

That's correct, yes.

I'm over the moon about everything, just one slight gripe - I paid 35 pounds for a ticket for the liverpool match, I know I've got a good seat but the most expensive ticket for Liverpool fans is 32. Maybe I shouldn't grumble! But at least make the scousers pay as much!

I'm over the moon about everything, just one slight gripe - I paid 35 pounds for a ticket for the liverpool match, I know I've got a good seat but the most expensive ticket for Liverpool fans is 32. Maybe I shouldn't grumble! But at least make the scousers pay as much!

Away tickets have to be charged at an eqivalent rate to home supporters

The relevant home rate to the lower North stand is the lower holte - the price of the lower holte for that match is £32, no other offers withstanding

And thats why they have been charged 32 quid for a ticket

General Krulak here;

1. I am working hard on the time machine...should get it going soon and will beam all the good things that will happen in the future immediately to the present.

2. No winging on rates....I paid a non-refundable round-trip ticket from Philadelphia to Manchester and back to see the Arsenal and Liverpool games before all the changes!! I lost my shirt!!!!

Away tickets have to be charged at an eqivalent rate to home supporters

The relevant home rate to the lower North stand is the lower holte - the price of the lower holte for that match is £32, no other offers withstanding

And thats why they have been charged 32 quid for a ticket

Lower Holte tickets are 28 quid, aren't they? or at least they were said to be that much in the season ticket bumpf they sent out at the start of the season.

I think the 32 quid seats will be the ones in the lower witton lane, for the scousers - as bicks says, that's ( I think) what Villa fans pay for their witton lane lower seats. I'm sure behind the goal should be less (£28 ).

32 quid is a rip off, if it's for the witton end (lower north stand).

General, Hopefully now with the Randy/MON influence that Villa can return back to its former glory rather than its current run down state after years of disinvestment by the previous board and Chairman.

The other day I watched highlights of Villa's European Cup campaign and can't wait for those days to come back to Villa Park. All Villa fans yearn for those days to return and simply I cant thank you enough for keeping us regularly posted and for replying back to our questions so fast. We appreciate your honesty and its great to hear about what is planned and all of the good work going on behind the scenes.

Once I again I thank you and keep up all of the good work.

With regards to the redevelopment of the Stadium General, can you give of us any ideas that are being discussed? Is the North Stand going to be demolished or just adapted for example, will the stands be linked?

I know perhaps its not set in stone yet -but it would be good to know yours and Randys thoughts.

Bet you are clocking up some airmiles by the way!

Hello General

1) I'm sure this is stating the obvious but can you make sure Nike have the traditional blue sleeves and claret body, on the new kit :)

2) Also does Area 51 exist and have you been? :D

Cheers

Up the Villa.