General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

i'd rather see tom hanks here tbh in a villa shirt coming onto the pitch 8)

and he could do some free marketing for us in america :lol:

(another famous villa fan apparently)

He is a Villa fan but that is only because he likes the name, apparently we sent him a signed shirt and an open invite to a game, he aint been yet I don't think.

He definitely has been to matches.

His cousin, who was appointed as "minder" to him when he was younger, was working in banking in the midlands and started taking him.

I read an interview with Gareth Southgate a few years ago where he mentioned seeing him in the players lounge after a match. I've also heard john Gregory refer to him being at matches.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the game aswell General. Quite liking the idea at the moment of doing a quick introduction of Ron in the directors box just before kick-off to really get the atmosphere going as I fear if United play like they normally do and go 2-0 or 3-0 up at half time, the celebrations might be a bit flat at h/t.

But as you say General, it's what Ron wants and we should respect that.

Try not to say "support your local team" to William.

;)

In fairness Villa have been the local Premiership team for kids who are raised in Gloucestershire for a very long time.

In that respect he does support his 'local' team.

SM,

I will pass your words on to Russ. I have asked him to do one thing for all sites....and that is to have a "before" picture of the training ground building as it now looks...and then have the new site to compare against as we move forward. We are making huge progress.

Randy and I depart for UK tomorrow so I will be off site for a few days.

A safe trip General, and don't forget to travel in the new aircraft and land at Birmingham, not Luton :)

I appreciate that Randy has just upgraded his jet, but when you arrive at Birmingham you will park next to a factory fresh BBJ. This was ordered by a local Gazillionaire who has now decided that he doesn't want it, but he ordered it, so he's had to take it.

A reasonable offer will buy it, so if Randy fancies something a bit more luxurious.....

If you have ever checked out Wayne Huizengas aircaft, a BBJ would look great in Villa colours one side, Browns the other. :)

If you land from the North I'll make sure I lean out of the window and give you a wave. Don't forget to sit on the left side of the aircraft :winkold:

Sorry, Christmas irreverence is getting the better of me ........

Given time you will get your wish with no.4! Im sure you will see an upsurge in half season tickets before the deadline but with so many false dawns at the club some folk take slightly longer to be convinced.

General, you were one step ahead of me when I requested that we invite Ron Saunders back to the club, so I now have to think of another guest that you could have at VP. HRH Prince William is a Villa fan and while I have seen his brother at Arsenal I can't remember him attending a game at VP, even though his dad opened the Trinity. Surely this is something that would seperate us from the crowd annd give us the royal seal of approval.

I'll second that, have always thought HRH needs to get himself down the ground!

Claret is a very regal colour!

This is a fantastic idea General it really is ,,, I wouldnt be surpised if you had already invited him to VP.

SM,

I will pass your words on to Russ. I have asked him to do one thing for all sites....and that is to have a "before" picture of the training ground building as it now looks...and then have the new site to compare against as we move forward. We are making huge progress.

Randy and I depart for UK tomorrow so I will be off site for a few days.

A safe trip General, and don't forget to travel in the new aircraft and land at Birmingham, not Luton :)

I appreciate that Randy has just upgraded his jet, but when you arrive at Birmingham you will park next to a factory fresh BBJ. This was ordered by a local Gazillionaire who has now decided that he doesn't want it, but he ordered it, so he's had to take it.

A reasonable offer will buy it, so if Randy fancies something a bit more luxurious.....

If you have ever checked out Wayne Huizengas aircaft, a BBJ would look great in Villa colours one side, Browns the other. :)

If you land from the North I'll make sure I lean out of the window and give you a wave. Don't forget to sit on the left side of the aircraft :winkold:

Sorry, Christmas irreverence is getting the better of me ........

Sorry, a bit OT but BBJ? Is what? I understand it is obviously an aircraft but...

Did he decide he didn't want it because it arrived in claret and blue livery, rather than old gold and black? If it's not in keeping with what's in your veins, I can see the problem :crylaugh: and :offtopic:

Given time you will get your wish with no.4! Im sure you will see an upsurge in half season tickets before the deadline but with so many false dawns at the club some folk take slightly longer to be convinced.

General, you were one step ahead of me when I requested that we invite Ron Saunders back to the club, so I now have to think of another guest that you could have at VP. HRH Prince William is a Villa fan and while I have seen his brother at Arsenal I can't remember him attending a game at VP, even though his dad opened the Trinity. Surely this is something that would seperate us from the crowd annd give us the royal seal of approval.

I'll second that, have always thought HRH needs to get himself down the ground!

Claret is a very regal colour!

This is a fantastic idea General it really is ,,, I wouldnt be surpised if you had already invited him to VP.

How ironic that after making the Ron Saunders return request to the General and then the General making it public that I couldn't get a ticket because I needed the funds for my half season ticket before pay day. Not happy about it after 15000 that werEn't at Bolton will be there cos it's Man U.

Fingers crossed I will get a couple of tickets from Tom Ross, otherwise it will be the TV in a city centre pub for the game and Youtube for Ron Saunders on the pitch.

Unfourtanetly i have to watch it on TV too as i have Christmas commitments with family. Hope they show Ron Saunders on Sky during the half time bit. My Dad will be there though with a tear in his eye no doubt!

thats why Soccer I am going to get to my seat 15 mins b4 KO which is very unusual.

I would be wary of pre match introductions as people are tending to arrive very late for KO's and 15 mins early only half the ground would be full

No, I mean just after they do the handshakes and before they announce the teams, majority of people will be in the ground at that point plus I'm not saying don't do the H/T one, just doing it also before the match would really get the atmosphere going at that point while would you be as enthustatic if we'd jsut played an appaling hal and were 3-0 down?

well I reckon we will see the Trinity react anyway when Randy and Ron walk to their seats and it will go around the ground ....

Like when Randy arrived

Yep, and just like Barcodes when Barry's new contract was the "special" announcement, Ismay will announce......................

Isiah Osbourne has signed a new 3 and a half year deal. :lol: :winkold:

General, I'm praying the fans and players put on a display that will show you & Randy just why Aston Villa are such a special club.

We have Glory spanning 100 years:

Double Winners - 1896-1897

Champions of Europe: 1982

In the 1920s the famous Arsenal forward Ted Drake remarked:

"The trouble with travelling abroad with the England side is that all that anybody ever wants to talk about is Aston Villa."

Long Live Aston Villa F.C. - Let the Glory Days roll along again!

The Bells are ringing for the Claret & Blue!

We are presenting him with two framed pictures, have a lunch for him and family, go out on field for introduction.

I hope that the video screens are able to put up some clips of Ron smiling when we won the league (still the most famous smile in Villa history), maybe some of the moments that we remember him and his superb side for.

Maybe not so much for Ron, but for some of the people who weren't around at the time, and for people like me especially who was around at the time and would absolutely love to see it all put together again.

thanks

In the 1920s the famous Arsenal forward Ted Drake remarked:

"The trouble with travelling abroad with the England side is that all that anybody ever wants to talk about is Aston Villa."

Thats a quality quote.

Lets hope the next world cup squad are saying the same.