General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

I'd like to echo everything said so far about ACORNS general, I think it is a real statement of integrity and selflessness that we can do something like this and it makes us all proud to follow our club, I look forward to wearing my shirt with pride.

I'm sure most would also agree that if the shirt had an extra pound or two added to the price that could be donated directly to ACORNS then we could feel that we are following our clubs lead also.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

Great news on the Acorns deal!

Will the club be announcing any other new partners shortly? I know Acorns have our shirt sponsorship, is the club going to announce any other major new partnerships during the close season?

General,

I am sooooooo pleased with the new sponsorship. I type this with tears in my eyes because I am just so proud of what our football club has done. This is going to help those poor kids so much and will also aid the efforts of everybody involved with the hospice and hopefully help them to help many more sick children in the future.

You may get people knocking the board for this but please do not entertain their views because any living human being who thinks that a trophy or a multi million pound player is more important than a child's life is not worthy of having an opinion in this world!!

Please General, pass on the accolades to Randy and everyone who decided to advertise the Acorns on our shirts. I cannot wait to get mine :D

Well done to Aston Villa, you really are the greatest board a supporter could wish to have in charge of their club!!

I'm sure most would also agree that if the shirt had an extra pound or two added to the price that could be donated directly to ACORNS then we could feel that we are following our clubs lead also.

I would like to add that i think most of the fans would agree with this.

General,

I work for a charity, and know how important the media attention and funds that an act like this generates are, but equally important is the knowledge that someone out there knows and cares.

You, Randy and the Villa organisation have done a good thing today.

General Krulak here:

1. ACORNS: A little bit about this relationship. This was NOT a case of your Club not being able to find sponsors...in fact, we had a few in line. The reality was that the Club will NOT sell its name cheaply...those days are over. Randy has a very deep and sincere spot in his soul for children in need. He has been very aware of ACORNS and what they have done and continue to do for sick youth. He decided that he was not going to fool around with potential sponsors who did not value the Villa brand. It was a very easy decision...go with a sponsor that had a deep and meaningful appeal to him and to the Club AND that would benefit greatly by the partnership. There is no question that ACORNS will benefit by this relationship. This was NOT some PR stunt...no one gives up sponsorship money for a PR stunt. This action was taken because Randy is a special type of person...a person who truly does believe in giving back to the community. At the same time, he does NOT want this to be about Randy Lerner...and you must take that seriously. This is ALL ABOUT ACORNS AND ASTON VILLA FOOTBALL CLUB!!!! This is NOT about Randy!! The focus should and must be on ACORNS and the VILLA!!! Please!! ACORNS does great things for children and that fact MUST be at the forefront of everything. :flag:

2. What do I look forward to this upcoming season? I look forward to a continued upward move and consistent performances on the Pitch.

3. I am currently in the US but will be returning to UK soon.

4. Razor: Sponsor...see above.

5. Transfers can be consumated if MON is on the moon!!!! Seriously, agreements by phone/fax/paper are not unusual. Folks need to stop worrying about where MON is and what technology can or cannot do.

6. Suffering villa: Great shirt but....I like ACORNS!!

7. rc_villa1972: I am sure that ACORNS can get you into the marathon if you agree to wear the shirt, etc. If that doesn't work, contact Duncan Riddle at AVFC and he may be able to sort it.

8. Kit Questions: We will only be having Home/Away shirts for sale this season. We will have a home Ladies shirt available along with a ladies generic Nike range of clothing throughout the season. The new kit will be released to the public the 1st week of July and we will be taking orders from that date. Home kit goes on sale in store on or about 24 July and away kit goes on sale in store on or about 21 August.

General,

Can I reiterate what everyone else has said regarding ACORNS. Wonderful Move. Personally, I hope we have them on teh shirts for many seasons to come. I'm sure the club can find the sponsorship revenue in other areas.

General, although this was anticipated it's great to see it confirmed. I got a text (that's an sms to you :winkold:) from an Ipswich Town fan who said that this confirms Villa as his second favourite team and finished his message with "I love Randy". It's great to see people taking notice of our club again and seeing us in a purely positive way. Keep up the good work.

I assume this was the plan anyway but I think it would be a sensible move to have a permanent banner on the OS with a link for how to donate to Acorns, just to keep it at the fore-front of all of our minds. I know there's a link in the story on there, but a permanent banner advert would surely help the flow of donations.

General, Anything to add about whether a percentage of merchandise sales goes to the charity? I would love to buy my shirt knowing that both the club and Acorns will benefit.

Jon

General

A big thank you to all concerned on the Acorn sponsorship. I like Randy's style!

Another 1st for Aston Villa Football Club. If there is God up there he will hopefully ensure Aston Villa are rewarded in the future with a few more firsts on the field!

General - 1st post to you. Many thanks for this gesture, the professional manner in which the club is being run, and your continued input in this forum. To support the team and find that there's a business-like approach to all matters is refreshing and a lesson to others. Many thanks again.

General,

Would just like to echo my fellow Villa supporters comments regarding the Acorns sponsorship. I am today prouder than ever to be a Villa fan, a big thank you to all those involved in making this happen. A truley brillant gesture.

Thank You :flag:

Not going to add anything new, I echo what everyone else has said. Brilliant gesture. it was a shame that it got leaked early and that the media haven't quite picked up on it as I thought they would, but still as you said, it isn't about anyone other than Villa and Acorns. Keep up the good work, we literally have the greatest board of all time....and that really isn't an exagerration!

Thanks for everything

General, if it was possible to have highly visible Acorn cash collection boxes all around Villa Park it would give Villa fans the opportunity to donate regularly to Acorns by dropping their loose change [and notes :lol:] into these boxes.

We are all enthusiastic and well meaning when it comes to such a good cause as Acorns but human nature being what it is we tend not to go looking for the opportunity to donate, but are usually more than happy to give if it is made easy for us.

If this is possible then an announcement over the public address system at games would probably be well responded to by both home and away fans alike. An update on fan collection totals could then be given at subsequent home games, and we could make sure that we acknowledge the away fans contributions and thank them on their relevant fan forums.

If this causes a problem with administration and manpower I'm more than willing to help out, and I suspect that others on here and other fan forums would be more than happy to assist on a voluntary basis with any such ongoing fan based collections.

It's just an idea, and it would be great if Villa fans were able to make a real difference to these young peoples lives.