General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

After reading Benitez's quotes in the media today and over the last few days I really think we should be complaining to the FA about tapping up, we were punished for similar quotes by David O'Leary in the past, do you have any plans to do such a thing?

Thanks

Hi General,

After reading Benitez's quotes in the media today and over the last few days I really think we should be complaining to the FA about tapping up, we were punished for similar quotes by David O'Leary in the past, do you have any plans to do such a thing?

Thanks

I would like to add my support to this as I am DISGUSTED. Especially as they have the cheek to tell Inter to f off with a bid for Gerrard because he is under contract!

And Gen. Krulak, in 2004 Villa were linked with James Beattie then of Southampton. Our then manager David O'Leary made the comment "There is a player who wants to join us" - The Southampton chairman Rupert Lowe (think of the Golds etc... ) made a complaint to the FA over this comment, claiming we had 'unsettled' their striker.

We were taken in front of a tribunal with threats of points deductions, but ended up (if I remember) with a small fine and a warning against future conduct.

Southampton then accepted a bid of £6.5m from us, Everton and Newcastle and the player went to Everton.

So, please look at this and read the Benitez comments and realise us fans are pissed off, Benitez CANNOT be allowed to do this (he did the same to unsettle Heinze of Manure last year!!!)

Anyway sorry to complain. Please do something about this.

General,

May I first wish to pass on congratulations and cheers to all at VP, from the youth team to the seniors and all the unsung types who've helped contribute to one of the most pleasurable years as a Villa fan in many a long time. It's been excellent, though like others have mentioned, hope you're prepared for the hellstorm that will be the transfer speculation time of year, I don't envy you having to read the same requests to buy X,Y, and H etc :lol:

However I would also like to register my disgust too with regards Benitez' comments. Regardless of the ultimate outcome of this saga, it would be nice to see that big clubs too are called for account for what is now overt blatant tapping up of our players. We've been 'reprimanded' before for an offhand comment, yet Benitez speaks like Barry is already playing for them. I'm not sure what you can personally do over this matter, but just wanted to flag up concerns!

All the best for the summer General, hope you've got a peaceful holiday planned at some point, perhaps it'll be in Denmark/Ireland/Finland with the Villa boys on our euro adventure hehe ;):mrgreen:

I'm not sure what you can personally do over this matter, but just wanted to flag up concerns!

It is up to Villa to report the matter to the FA if we so wish, they don't take action on their own.

We should IMO, but that's just my opinion.

What is also my opinion is that this has been a fantastic year and another big step in the right direction. Thanks for your efforts, General!

General

I dont wish to put a downer on things but I am dismayed that the transfer window has been open for over 22 hours already and we haven't signed anyone :wink: (just thought I'd get in first :bonk: )

Seriously, an excellent season of progression again on and off the pitch. I really enjoyed the season and I cant wait to hit the road in Europe again. Thanks to Randy, you, the other directors, all the staff and coaches and especially MON and the players, keep up the good work. :flag:

General i would just like to say thanks to everyone at the club for giving us the chance to get back into europe. I was too young to go last time we were in but am definalty going this time and am very excited,

Dan.

General Krulak here:

4. I will be traveling to Minneapolis, MN tomorrow until Thursday. I then fly to B'ham over the weekend and will be at Villa Park all next week. I will be back on net on thursday and all the time whilst at Villa Park. Over the summer I, along with Randy, will be making frequent visits to Villa....lots of work to do.

General - need any help ?

Seriously, I - and I'm sure not a few others - would love the chance to volunteer and stay involved through the summer. I know you will have an army of employees but is there anything at all fans can do ?

In any event, Thanks for another great season - the most enjoyable , when everything on and off the pitch is taken into account, I have ever had in 40 years of supporting the Villa.

General,

Can you give us any information about Villa's strategy and aims for the transfer window? As you can see for yourself there's already a lot of speculation on the amount of money available to the manager, possible salary caps at the club and the number of players that will come in.

I know you don't know about individual transfers and can't comment on targets, but do you think our (the fans) experience of this window will be different to last summer? Do you think we will see more than 6 players being brought in?

Finally, if you can't answer any of those (which you probably can't!), do you find it furstrating during the transfer window that you can't communicate with the fans on targets & plans, and do you think there is a way to do it better? (probably not!)

Thanks

General Krulak here:

1. New kits will be seen sometime after 30 May...which is the earliest that we can even legally and contractually state a sponsor.

2. "Tapping": In fact, the FA do NOT have to have an official complaint to act.

3. Summer Transfer Season: Well, only took two days to get to it. Let's look at this seriously: Martin has seen every single game that each of us have seen. I think he has demonstrated a superb ability to run this Team. He has made very good use of his players and no matter what folks feel, he has chosen some very good players who FIT INTO HIS STYLE OF PLAY..a KEY point. He can count as well as we can...he knows the size of the Squad. He has a good idea of who is leaving and what position they play. He knows he needs replacements AND new players. Randy is also pretty smart. He runs two football teams that count on good players to perform on the Pitch or Football field. He, like all of us, wants to win. He does not like sitting in the stands and watching us lose. My simple advice to EVERYONE is to let these two professionals do their jobs. Martin knows he has Randy's support for funds and Randy knows he has Martin's support in getting the RIGHT players. Remember, who the Fans want is NOT what is important...who Martin and Randy want is what counts. :D :D :D:D:D

I do think our style is very good, but we need more players who can pass the ball well and make the ball work harder and keep our possession and energy. So we wouldn't get too tired in last 5 minutes.

Have a wonderful and busy summer. Do let us know if the season ticket is selling very very fast or normal as I plan to buy it about end of next month.

Hi General,

Well, the close season is now upon us, I realise that everybody will be taking a well deserved break and that MON will be busy buying up all the young English talent that he can get his hands on :D , but what will your close season consist of? I don't mean this to sound rude in any way but what exactly will you be up to during the next few months?

General,

What are the chances of someone who's never had a season ticket before getting one for next season? I know there's currently a waiting list of around 1000, but that might have and probably has risen in the past few days.

Thanks in advance.