General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Yeah mosaic looks good, classy.

General do you know if the giant flag is unveiled for defo against Birmingham? It will be this season I remember the club saying but not sure which game, would be a good debut game for it just before we smash the shit.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General do you know if the giant flag is unveiled for defo against Birmingham? It will be this season I remember the club saying but not sure which game, would be a good debut game for it just before we smash the shit.

Seen as the General could be 'off air' until Monday, I thought I would repeat a line from the General on H & V.

The flag: We were going to unfurl our new flag for the upcoming game but a few "glitches" in delivery, etc. have caused us to postpone until Wigan. It is sad but this is life.

I actually think this might be a good thing. Should the worst happen on Sunday, it could really sour fans reaction to the first introduction of the flag - a bad omen or something. Not being negative, just noting a minimal risk!

Hi General - i know you wont see this until early next week, but I wonder if I can ask you a favour? Could you ask someone in a senior administrative role at Villa to clarify exactly what the situation is regarding UEFA qualification? there must be 1000 posts across the boards since yesterday and no-one seems to have a clue about the various scenarios (with Cardiff's wild card adding to the smoke and mirrors).

It seems ridiculous that we are going into the last 4 games not knowing wehether 5th/6th or 7th is a minimum requirement.

Somebody (chief secretary? must be in touch with the premier league and can clarify?) If we lose on Sunday please ignore this question:)

Hope you had a good safe return trip!

General,

Thank Randy for us for the Mosaics. The pics look great. Can't wait to see it on Sunday.

Also, General, can you let me know on Monday if you managed to keep sitting? There is no such thing on derby day. Like the Marines, I am sure you will be up and at them (peacefully mind) like the rest of us.

Come on you Villa Boys!

General Krulak here:

1. Arrived in B'ham yesterday and had a good meeting with Randy and many of the Leaders at Villa Park. Everyone is hugely excited about the upcoming game....and the following ones too. Lot's of good things going on with your Club. :flag:

2. As was mentioned, the flag will not be out for the game...lots of reasons but, as articulated, we want to make it "right"...we don't want a mess up at this game.

3 :flag: . In person, the mosaics are absolutely stunning!!! You come towards Villa Park...run into the beautiful Holte Pub and looking over the Pub's "shoulder" is the mosaic...remarkable site...brings tears to your eyes.

:hooray:

4. I will try to get clarification on the UEFA qualification question. I guess I am just simple-minded...my view is that if we win the next 4 games we won't need clarification. We just need to keep winning and things will take care of themselves.

4. The temperature is rising at Villa Park....UP THE VILLA!!!

General Krulak here:

1. Arrived in B'ham yesterday and had a good meeting with Randy and many of the Leaders at Villa Park. Everyone is hugely excited about the upcoming game....and the following ones too. Lot's of good things going on with your Club. :flag:

4. The temperature is rising at Villa Park....UP THE VILLA!!!

I didn't think it'd be possible to get any more excited about tomorrow but reading these quotes have done exactly.

Great times ahead, thanks again to your good self, Randy and everyone else for the work you're doing... :)

General, I see that David Gold has piped up in todays press by saying that a line has been drawn under the 'Pig in mud' affair by trying to stoke it further by apparently demoting you from General to Captain. You have our permission as our representative to give him a slap! Ask his cronies what it is like to spend time at Her Majesty's Pleasure.

I hope that Bob Kain is at the game on Sunday so he can get a true feeling that there really is something worth marketing at Villa Park.

Up the Villa!

General

First post in this topic but long time reader. Genuinely proud of what everyone is doing behind the scenes at VP, even if I can't be there as much as I'd like. And great to have a great man like yourself as a bit of a front man! Thanks! Mosiacs look immense and I felt really proud of something like that coming back to Villa Park. The old girl is getting her glamour and class back.

Anyway to the point. You may have noticed the Speculation thread featuring Big John and links to Werder Bremen. The quotes in it refer directly to Carew and, as far as I'm aware (and others on the site) this is breaking the laws of the game, the so-called 'tapping up' allegation. May be worth having a look into this, since we as a club have been found guilty in similar manners before it seems only right we can have the law work to our favour. Something to look at after the derby?

Thanks again General and keep up the sterling work!

Another thank you for the mosaics. I can't explain why, exactly I'm so chuffed with them, I can't put it into words, but it's just brilliant. I guess it's a combination of pride, reflected "glory" that the stadium looks infinitely more classy, and harks back to the old mosaics and an appreciation that Randy's done it, perhaps for some of those same reasons.

Whatever, it's just great.

on a less pleasant note, the small heathen board are at it again... well, not to two up on corruption charges as they are "surprisingly" quiet for a change, but the one with the beard is "rolling around in the mud" again...

as he has decided to "demote" a decorated and respected man such as yourself over his misunderstanding of a comment due to his own lack of intelligence, lets hope we can do our talking on the pitch, and return the favour to his tinpot little club and help "demote" them tomorrow...

Another thank you for the mosaics. I can't explain why, exactly I'm so chuffed with them, I can't put it into words, but it's just brilliant. I guess it's a combination of pride, reflected "glory" that the stadium looks infinitely more classy, and harks back to the old mosaics and an appreciation that Randy's done it, perhaps for some of those same reasons.

after this, and other actions by the club, a couple of fans of other clubs that i know, have recently said to me that we are a great club, a proper club, with fantastic owners, and one even said that he wished he was a villa fan!

after this, and other actions by the club, a couple of fans of other clubs that i know, have recently said to me that we are a great club, a proper club, with fantastic owners, and one even said that he wished he was a villa fan!
General - just to add my thanks - thank you and the board for helping put the soul back into the heart of the club. It's small stuff that outsiders rarely pick up on, but walking up to VP should be something that fills your heart with pride and anticipation. Another step on the way. Cheers.

General - just to add my thanks - thank you and the board for helping put the soul back into the heart of the club. It's small stuff that outsiders rarely pick up on, but walking up to VP should be something that fills your heart with pride and anticipation. Another step on the way. Cheers.

General,

Just want to echo these posts and thank you for a great job you and you're team have done for this football club

Keep it up!

That'll effing show them, sir. What a day for everyone involved with the Villa. I'd like to be the bigger man and resist from gloating, but I just can help it, sir; pig in mud, my lord, pig in mud! :D

Give our thanks and congratulations to Randy, MON and the players, sir. And drink responsiably ;)