General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General.. On behalf of the longer standing members and the level headed newer members.. thank you ONCE MORE for your patience. A lot of us are extremely stressed, relatively, however not all for good reason. Rest assured those of us stressed because of the negativity in the fan arena still have faith in you guys and just feel sick that the rest of the fan base is as someone once accurately said... so fickle.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General.. On behalf of the longer standing members and the level headed newer members.. thank you ONCE MORE for your patience. A lot of us are extremely stressed, relatively, however not all for good reason. Rest assured those of us stressed because of the negativity in the fan arena still have faith in you guys and just feel sick that the rest of the fan base is as someone once accurately said... so fickle.

I would like to echo that point if I may. We're all extremely grateful and (as I'm sure you probably realize!) it is from the same select group of fans that constantly criticise no matter what the outcome is and by no means represents any part of the Villa faithful. It's worth noting the new fans survey (I believe in the Mail) which certainly refutes any suggestions of discontent and long may it continue.

General I actually feel ashamed at some of the disrespectful crap based on non truths that you have had to read on this site and others over the past few weeks. These so called self proclaimed Villa fans are not representative of the thoughts of 99.9% of our fan base in my opinion.

I congratulate you General that you have the integrity to answer these posts in a dignified and cultured manner always stating the truth. I like many would not have the patience to be so graceful.

I am so proud that you are associated with the team I support.

Just wanted to join in the chorus of praise General.

I love what Randy and the board are doing for the club, and I am still in awe that someone as high up as you in the club is willing to openly discuss Villa issues with the fans. No one can tell me the board doesn't love this club as much as I do. Fans can get frustrated about lack of transfers, I myself have been a bit frustrated, but I know for sure that Randy, MON and the rest of you have nothing but Aston Villa's best interests at heart.

I read your reply to a negative post directed towards you on another forum, and I was more than impressed. Brilliantly put in his place!

I love what you are doing for our club.

I am a true Villa fan, but the climate was set by Fitzgerald for this transfer window telling us what was about to happen, ie top class signings etc.a To a lot of Villa fans their expectations were set in motion. I suggest to anyone of authority at Villa, who has the ear of the press and media be guarded what you say in that public arena especially when it concerns or can determine how or what fans think. Next time don't say anything at all, actions speak louder than words. What we don't know won't hurt us. What was said to what has actually happened seem worlds apart to a lot of fans. I myself believe and want for you Randy and MON to be at Aston Villa for a long, long time and I am quite happy to accept the ups and downs that go with supporting Villa. But and it's a big but, do not say anything, deliver first, we do not need to know , just do it, and most fans will be happy when we sign a player we did not know we were going to buy. If the end result is good who are we to argue, but if you tell us what you intend to do and it goes pear shaped then your going to get a gob full. So on conclusion anyone who has got a big gob and access to the media, have a word with them first, make them choose their words carefully otherwise the masses heaven forbid might get it wrong.

PS if the media are telling us crap and you know it, be quick to disclaim it.

General,

My thoughts are that fans who regulary browse and post on the internet are perhaps more interested in tansfer rumours than other fans, I think that generally as fans we are still in awe of the changes that have happened in the last 12 months and we are all pleased. Having recently met you I can see that you are a genuine, straight down the line gent without any airs and graces or superiority, I felt like I had known you for years.

Fans love to complain about their team and this is their perogative, you pay your money you make your choice, we have had an exceelent pre-season and the team seem strong together and are playing with confidence so lets see how the season starts and this month ends, I for one am confident.

General sorry if you have already been asked this but whats your prediction for the score against Liverpool and who do you think will score Villa's first goal of the season.

Hi General,

Just a quick question really, regarding potentially club owned Media outlets. Someone in a thread has raised the rumour that we could be in line with having our own Villa Channel in conjunction with Setanta Sports and i was just wondering if this is something Randy has looked at.

Also are there any plans to bring back 'the villain' radio station?

Here's to beating Liverpool on saturday.

Many Thanks, Tom

Hi General,

I ordered the new shirt from the official site the very first day that it was available but haven't recieved it. This is more than a little frustrating as I could have gone to the shop and bought it yesterday and no doubt paid less. Surely fans who pre-order should either get the goods a little early or at very least on the release day?

Hi General,

I ordered the new shirt from the official site the very first day that it was available but haven't recieved it. This is more than a little frustrating as I could have gone to the shop and bought it yesterday and no doubt paid less. Surely fans who pre-order should either get the goods a little early or at very least on the release day?

Not wishing to respond in place of the General, but, might this be down to the numerous postal strikes that have affected the whole country at various times? If so, whilst it is unfortunate, it may be out of Villa's immediate control.

good morning general

Is there anyway you could update us on the season ticket sales as ive just read that we have over 26000 is this true?Keep up the good work and lets hope for a good start to the season!

:winkold:

could you please look into the tanor system in the upper doug ellis stand, my seat is rowjj seat 146,i was also told we where going to change the music when the team come out, somelike we will rock you .

Hi General, just a few questions regarding the kits.

Firstly, it appears the launch date for the away kit has been put back to the 4th October. Just wondering why this was?

And also, have you any more news on the apparant 3rd kit we're having this season? (i.e. design/colours/launch date etc)

General Krulak here:

1. ianrobo1: With the increase in capacity of Holte Hotel, we will be looking a the best way to ensure people get a chance to experience this great building.

2. I have played the "beautiful game" but only in a recreational manner. Both of my sons played it in a "serious" manner. My sports were Lacrosse and Wrestling when I was at University. I played in the middle of the pitch.

3. We are currently working with Sentanta sports on several concepts.

4. Postal strike has killed us...in many areas. Please bear with us.

General the banner has gone up in the Holte looks good hope you like it !

Quite prepared to do the same in the North Stand and the corporate balcony and up to you to put it to the fans what they would like to see !

General,

Went to the new shop the other day and its great- very swish... however, just wondered why it hasn't been publicised? I haven't seen anything about it on the website or anywhere else- when blues had a new shop a few months ago it was on lots of TV channels, on the news etc. Its not a moan, just wondered why the news of a new store hasn't been spread. I think it'll do much better than the old one though- more people likely to see it when they're in town.

General Krulak here:

1. ianrobo1: With the increase in capacity of Holte Hotel, we will be looking a the best way to ensure people get a chance to experience this great building.

good one General, went in there today it is really a special place, having a pint in the sun in the garden looking at the Holte end is a special experience

just saw the thread where you replied to malachi on another thread.

just want to say thank you. again.

your not a fool. leading your troops is more than proof than that. been an advisor to the whitehouse proves that.

thank you for being here.

TBH General I was pretty disgusted by that post. I am sure that all Villa fans share my opinion on this. I myself can't help thinking it was a bluenose. If it was General, don't worry, we'll hammer them in both games and send the scum back to the division where they belong. UP THE VILLA!!!