General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. Mysteryman: Well done on the banner! Just another example of how our Fans make a difference to our Club. Good on you and the lads.

2. Publicity for new shop...we did, in fact, have it on site. Not sure why the local media did not pick up on it...but we will try to get them to do a feature.

3. Don't worry about the post...it was a low blow to all of us...not just me. Such is life.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General

Good luck tomorrow,cant be at the game on Holiday in Portugal, but me and my lad will have our kit on whilst having a beer or two and shouting our heads off for the Villa!

Wish you Randy and the board all the best for the coming season.

As Robbie Burns would say "aw wad some power, the gift to gee us , to see oorselves as others see us"

Up the Villa!!

General,

It's probably too early for you to answer this so let me call it a suggestion rather than a question.

Assuming that the kit will change again next season due to a new sponsor, would the club consider changing the jersey only and leaving the shorts and socks as per this season? I have been to the club shop today and spent over £200 on the new home kits for my family. My children all insist on the full kit, the jersey alone does not satisfy them, so if the club was prepared to only change the jersey it would soften the blow for me, and many other parents I daresay.

I haven't seen the post referred to by others previously but I am sure that it is the inbred mongrels down the road jealous of the superb job that you guys are doing. Keep up the good work.

General, please ask Craig Gardner via Mon to read the "Gardner pens deal" thread on VT, I'm sure he will be delighted with the high regard in which he is held by Villa fans. Can you pass on our thanks to Mon for securing the future of a new Villa hero. Also please give our thanks to Randy for investing in our superb young players.

General, please ask Craig Gardner via Mon to read the "Gardner pens deal" thread on VT, I'm sure he will be delighted with the high regard in which he is held by Villa fans. Can you pass on our thanks to Mon for securing the future of a new Villa hero. Also please give our thanks to Randy for investing in our superb young players.

I know Craig and he is a super lad who looked after my nephews in Toronto really well as he had said he would do. Saw him out running just after last season finished at about 8 in the morning, he will do us proud this season General!

Hi General, just a few questions regarding the kits.

Firstly, it appears the launch date for the away kit has been put back to the 4th October. Just wondering why this was?

And also, have you any more news on the apparant 3rd kit we're having this season? (i.e. design/colours/launch date etc)

General i went into the Holte last night and felt i needed to say thank you. It is all credit to Randy and his team for making this happen. I had to explain Randy's reasons for doing up the pub as one of the poor barmen was confused as he had not only heard the £4 million price it cost but also it would have to be subsidised. He was still in shock when i told him that this was known before hand.

Can i just make a comment about Clinton the bar man, this guy went out of his way to make all who turned up welcome and has a real passion for the pub and his job. He is a credit to you along with the rest of the team in there.

I too am disgusted with the shame that idiot poster put on us as fans and club :evil:

I know Craig and he is a super lad who looked after my nephews in Toronto really well as he had said he would do. Saw him out running just after last season finished at about 8 in the morning, he will do us proud this season General!

Normally I wouldnt bother backing this up as things like that dont affect players that much; but as a young man and player, that thread really could give the lad such a boost. He and players like him, have the attitude and ability to take this club into our bright future. It is at your discretion, thank you General.

Hi General, not sure if this has been raised earlier. We went to the Villa Village yesterday to get the new home top for my Daughter which cost £45, later in the day we popped into Sports World to find the same shirt costing £36.99. Could you explain the reasons/economics behind the difference in price.

Regards Rob.

Hi General,

Although being a longish time member of these boards this is my first post within this thread so firstly thank you for everything the board and Mon have done for reinvigorating my life blood, so much to look forward to.

My post is with regards to the problems i am having from my location in getting hold of the new shirt, i am based on the isle of wight (a tiny island right of the south coast of england) and try as i might i am unable to find anywhere locally as well as portsmouth and southampton that are keeping the shirt in stock.

All of the big stores when i phone to enquire reply to me like i'm asking for something out of the norm or that i have insulted there parents.

Now my biggest concern is that i phoned a small independent shop in my village who are right up with the knowledge that nike were making the kit, describing the new design etc.. but apparently they have been told they are not aloud any kits to sell as they are being kept for the club shop. The lady i spoke to is dispointed by this as she said they always used to sell between 20-30 villa shirts a season, (i did say it's a small island :) )

Now i know people are going to say i can order it online etc... but i would like to see it and get an idea of how the sizes fit before making a purchase, if this isn't possible then i wil just have to take the plunge and hope it fits.

Is it possible that you could look into this or let me know who to tell the shop to contact please, as they would like to be able to sell them to the wanting fans

Many Many Thanks in advance.

P.S lets spank the scousers this afternoon :)

Hi General

I would like to thank you, Randy and everyone at the club for all the hard work your putting in to turn this club around and I don't think i've been as excited about the start of a new season! However, I visited the fantastic new city centre store today but was appalled by the sight of staff printing letters and numbers on liverpool shirts just 4 hours before we're due to play them. This caught the attention of other shoppers, where one approached the manager about this (not sure if he was but looked more official than the rest of the staff) who informed us that it was common pratice and i quote said "you name it we'll print it", meaning that they would print on any football shirt you wanted. The reason for this is that the only other facility that can do shirt printing in the city centre is JJB sports who charge more and use plastic letters (think you may have to wait longer as well?) instead of the material ones and as a result people have started to visit the villa shop to have it done cheaper.

Do you think Liverpool would do the same? Is this club shop policy to provide apposing fans with printing services so to make a bit extra on the side? My belief is that if you want to support a team from a city 100 miles away you should have to go there to access any services you can't get on the high street and not rely on your local club which you shunned in the first place for not being "cool" enough. Please tell me the club will stop whoring itself out to opposing fans in the club shop so to make a few extra quid.

Hi General my first post for you so i`d like to say thanks for everything. It`s not really a question and i`m sorry in advance. There is another thread on here thats about the lion roaring tonight, its a very good post and a few people have mentioned that maybe it should be shown to the team as its very inspirational. It may also be good to show any potential new players who aren`t as familiar with Aston Villa as they should be. Anyway i just thought i`d mention it, thanks again.

General Krulak here:

1. The move of the kit to 4 October and the issue of getting kits at "remote' locations are all tied together. As I explained a month or so ago, we signed our contract with Nike late in the manufacturing process. We signed late because we had to wait a period of time to get out of the Hummel contract. The fact that we signed late put us at the end of the queue for manufacturing of kits. As a result, kits are first being sent to the Villa Park and Center City stores to fill inventory at those locations. As more kits are made, they will immediately be sent to other Nike outlets and stores that sell Nike gear. The delay in the away kit is caused by this same issue...everything has been backed up. At the end of the day we had to make a decision....go with Nike and accept the delay or ramain with Hummel for another year. We felt that in the long run, going with Nike was the best thing for the Club. Yes, we will lose some money over the year but we felt that the quality and the brand (Nike) were "worth" more to the Club and Fans than the lost revenue for the year.

2. I have notified Craig Gardner about the thread...he will be pleased.

3. Printing on shirts...at a Club shop...is not unusual. It is done at locations where other printing services are not available. When I was at MBNA, we had a

General Krulak here:

1. The move of the kit to 4 October and the issue of getting kits at "remote' locations are all tied together. As I explained a month or so ago, we signed our contract with Nike late in the manufacturing process. We signed late because we had to wait a period of time to get out of the Hummel contract. The fact that we signed late put us at the end of the queue for manufacturing of kits. As a result, kits are first being sent to the Villa Park and Center City stores to fill inventory at those locations. As more kits are made, they will immediately be sent to other Nike outlets and stores that sell Nike gear. The delay in the away kit is caused by this same issue...everything has been backed up. At the end of the day we had to make a decision....go with Nike and accept the delay or ramain with Hummel for another year. We felt that in the long run, going with Nike was the best thing for the Club. Yes, we will lose some money over the year but we felt that the quality and the brand (Nike) were "worth" more to the Club and Fans than the lost revenue for the year.

2. I have notified Craig Gardner about the thread...he will be pleased.

3. Printing on shirts...at a Club shop...is not unusual. It is done at locations where other printing services are not available. When I was at MBNA, we had a

? i was getting quite into the printing story but it just cut off?

the shirts are great although i cancelled my away shirt order due to the delay and went just with the home one for me and my son, and that red polo shirt.

are there any plans to have concessionary outlets in the midlands department stores? or any plans to have a retail outlet in the merry hill shopping centre?

how do General.

just to update you on the food situation. lower holte was a nightmare again. i waited 15 mins for some chips.

had 3 people leave in front of me because they couldnt be bothered to wait. They literally had no chips for 5 mins. and when it did turn up it was a 2/3's full tray!!!

just thought u should know.

Hello GENERAL,

FOOD UPDATE PART II:

GARBAGE AGAIN! Can you pease PM me the details of the woman who held the food tasteing day that i took time out of (WASTED)my weekend to attend?

Why do i get to taste all these great dishes only to be served the same slop? Sorry general but the food is a failure and i will never eat at villa park again!

i am in the upper Holte

General Krulak here:

1. I had to get my view of the game from a pub in Wilmington, DE. I will match my frustration with yours!!!!! Believe me, Randy saw the same game you did...so did MON.

2. Food comments already fed into Alison.