US Presidential Election 2012

legov

Have money on Mitt Rimjob winning various states where the polls are tight. Surely he'll win a few of 'em!

I expect there's a few people currently practising their lines about how the polls must have been wrong all along...

Just two things:

1) All of the talk of election fraud is overwrought. There are very few cases of in-person voting fraud and most cases of voter fraud are through absentee balloting. The whole voting machines thing is also overblown. There's a much greater chance of the count being affected by the particular county commissioner than the voting machine.

2) You'll probably be able to tell earlier than 1030 EST who will win. If the exit polls in swing states indicate a typical D+5 representation, then Obama will win. If the exit polls indicate that it's even or any sort of R+, then Romney will win

is it just me that looks at how the states are expected to vote and sees the blue down the east coast, blue down the west coast and then all red down the middle and thinks that if he's storming the yokel vote i dont want him to win...

stereotypes FTW

All I've seen on the news is them trying to slag each other off. Who do people vote for, the one that makes the funniest pokes at the opposition? Because from what I've seen, they never talk about what they're actually going to do.

All of the talk of election fraud is overwrought. There are very few cases of in-person voting fraud and most cases of voter fraud are through absentee balloting. The whole voting machines thing is also overblown. There's a much greater chance of the count being affected by the particular county commissioner than the voting machine.

Ohio GOP Secretary of State orders secret, last minute, unaudited software updates to voting machines

Video footage shows voting machine in Pennsylvania refuses to accept votes for Obama.

You'll find just as many links to voting machines that refuse to accept votes for Romney as well. They're all calibration errors, as anyone who has ever dealt with frustratingly inane touch screens have ever experienced.

If they wanted to fix the ballots, don't you think there's a much more subversive way than "YOU CAN'T VOTE FOR OBAMA!"

I heard a story on R5 today that Obama has a 91% chance of victory, because although the voting will be roughly equal in terms of person votes cast, the way it breaks in the state constituencies its almost certain to fall that way. They had me convinced, maybe I should hit the bookies.

There's been hand wringing about voting "problems" for months now, and they've not really done anything to fix it, to make it uniform...you'd think they'd have learned a lesson after 2000...**** ridiculous

You'll find just as many links to voting machines that refuse to accept votes for Romney as well. They're all calibration errors, as anyone who has ever dealt with frustratingly inane touch screens have ever experienced.

If they wanted to fix the ballots, don't you think there's a much more subversive way than "YOU CAN'T VOTE FOR OBAMA!"

There is.

is a programmer giving evidence on exactly that point, saying he was offered a bribe to rig machines. He explained how the code can be altered so that the results are skewed. The way to avoid any suspicion of rigging was said to be to make the code available so that everyone can see it's not fixed.

I don't imagine the second link was actually suggesting the fixing is quite as crude as visibly refusing to accept the vote.

Â