US Presidential Election 2012

legov

I find it bizarre that the election seems to be so close.

Do Romney supporters simply think Romney=jobs or is there a huge backlash against Obama because he couldn't turn a worldwide recession around?

Somehow, Americans have been convinced that taxes are for communists, and that anyone who wants such things as social health care is a communist and the enemy of the united states.

It's not that they think Romney = jobs, it's that they think that Obama's policies are "un-American".

Somehow, Americans have been convinced that taxes are for communists, and that anyone who wants such things as social health care is a communist and the enemy of the united states.

It's not that they think Romney = jobs, it's that they think that Obama's policies are "un-American".

It's an odd mentality and one I can't see changing soon.

Do Romney supporters simply think Romney=jobs or is there a huge backlash against Obama because he couldn't turn a worldwide recession around?

Well what has Obama actually done since coming into office? Not a lot really. Perhaps he shouldn't have bigged himself up as the candidate of "hope and change" so much in 2008 as that has undoubtedly come back to haunt him now.

As an outsider looking in it seems that neither Obama or Romney are that attractive to Americans, hence the closeness in the polls. I don't blame them either. I probably wouldn't vote for either of them.

• Like 1

Well what has Obama actually done since coming into office? Not a lot really. Perhaps he shouldn't have bigged himself up as the candidate of "hope and change" in 2008 as that has undoubtedly come back to haunt him now.

As an outsider looking in it seems that neither Obama or Romney are that attractive to Americans, hence the closeness in the polls.

Quite a bit actually.

The problem is what he's done won't really be seen for a while, and a lot of the other stuff he wanted to do, has been blocked by the other side.

Quite a bit actually.

The problem is what he's done won't really be seen for a while, and a lot of the other stuff he wanted to do, has been blocked by the other side.

Got a non-partisan source? You might as well just be linking me to the Obama2012 website.

That's a feature of the US political system and always has been. Pretty much every president has to deal with a hostile congress.

Got a non-partisan source? You might as well just be linking me to the Obama2012 website.

That's a feature of the US political system and always has been. Pretty much every president has to deal with a hostile congress.

Every entry on that site is sourced.

Are you trying to claim that he hasn't done everything that's on that site?

Every entry on that site is sourced.

Are you trying to claim that he hasn't done everything that's on that site?

No, I never said that. All I'm saying is that it's clearly a very biased website so not really the best place to be linking me to.

No, I never said that. All I'm saying is that it's clearly a very biased website so not really the best place to be linking me to.

Well if you're not saying that he didn't do everything on there, then how is it not the best place to link you to see what he's done?

It's not like it's offering opinion, it's not like it's at all subjective, it is what it is, a display of what he has done.

• Like 1

Well if you're not saying that he didn't do everything on there, then how is it not the best place to link you to see what he's done?

It's not like it's offering opinion, it's not like it's at all subjective, it is what it is, a display of what he has done.

Because even when presenting facts one can still add spin, which that site certainly does.

As an outsider looking in it seems that neither Obama or Romney are that attractive to Americans, hence the closeness in the polls. I don't blame them either. I probably wouldn't vote for either of them.

The race is basically not-Romney vs. not-Obama. Neither side is that enthused about their candidate, but both are adamant that the other guy must not win.

Quite a bit actually.

And more

* Extended the Patriot Act (should have been impeached for that)

* Continued raids of medical marijuana dispensaries despite explicitly promising in his campaign to end such raids

* Reserved the right to assassinate US citizens outside of a war zone without due process or oversight outside the executive branch

* Failed to close Guantanamo Bay by January, 2010 despite explicit promises to the contrary

* Started a war in Libya which even he admitted was unconstitutional

* Signed the NDAA, giving him the ability to indefinitely detain US citizens without trial

• Like 1

And more

* Extended the Patriot Act (should have been impeached for that)

* Continued raids of medical marijuana dispensaries despite explicitly promising in his campaign to end such raids

* Reserved the right to assassinate US citizens outside of a war zone without due process or oversight outside the executive branch

* Failed to close Guantanamo Bay by January, 2010 despite explicit promises to the contrary

* Started a war in Libya which even he admitted was unconstitutional

* Signed the NDAA, giving him the ability to indefinitely detain US citizens without trial

Now see, that site is biased!

Allowed an American ambassador to be killed by terrorists, blamed a Youtube video for the attack, then arrested the American director who made the film

What personally?

Saw gas prices more than double in his first term

I didn't realise the POTUS set gas prices.

After a few more like that, it's obvious that site isn't actually listing what he's done but, "things that happened whilst he was in office".

Might as well put "Giants won the superbowl" up on there.

Its because the far right has focused on what Obama isn't doing rather than what they can do. Things in America aren't great at the moment for the average person and when someone comes along and blames someone else for your problems its easy to get behind them,

Â