Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

I thought he was really gonna make some strides this season. Very disappointing and in a few years he'll realise what a mistake he's made. He got a great opportunity and he's slowly blowing it away.

There's a good footballer in there somewhere (latter part of last season, Sunderland game especially) but it's looking like he doesn't have the mentality.

How can you not even be on the bench for tactical reasons? So Lambert can put yet another rubbish striker on the bench? Who'd have played RB if Bacuna had been injured, Bennett?!!

Certainly something is up here, wouldn't shock me if Lowton puts in a transfer request once this season is up like Luke Young did just before MON left.

I'm disappointed in both Lowton and Lambert for this situation. Last year he was one of our most consistent players. Whatever the issue is, I would prefer Lambert to have strong words, but then get the player back on side and playing well again. Considering our financial situation, we could do without buying another rightback.

Definitely something in this. Although the way he has been playing he wouldn't be any great loss at the moment. I agree though, to not name him on the bench for a tactical reason is bizarre.

The manager can pick whoever he wants for any game. Matt Lowton doesn't have a god given right to be on the bench if not starting. There is zero bizarreness about it.

Definitely something in this. Although the way he has been playing he wouldn't be any great loss at the moment. I agree though, to not name him on the bench for a tactical reason is bizarre.

The manager can pick whoever he wants for any game. Matt Lowton doesn't have a god given right to be on the bench if not starting. There is zero bizarreness about it.

Good for him. Tactical or not, it seems strange to me, if not anybody else.

First of all nobody said he has a god given right to be in the team. Its clear that stuff has gone on behind the scenes, well its clear to most people anyway.

Amazing how quick some of you are to write him off. He's a poor defender but he's quite clearly a good footballer, who has laid on a number for goals for us this season despite hardly featuring, off the back of creating and scoring way above what you'd expect from an average full back last year.

I've said before that I think he could play central mid. Could do worse than giving it a go. Either way we need a right back in the summer.

• Like 2

He was in the Mids, then he moved back to Sheffield without consulting the manager. That's the issue allegedly

Sell him and be done. Awful player who belongs in the lower leagues.
he was excellent last season, poor this season, but awful player who belongs in the lower leagues? You don't half like to go over the top do you

Â