General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he had Holt at Norwich and he was a big old unit but Norwich really didn't play all that directly to him, Lambert isn't a long ball/direct manager in the same way as both O'Neill and McLeish were in their own ways.

I think we need another striker in the squad and one with a little more physical presence wouldn't be a bad thing but I'm not sure we need or Lambert will want a target man as such.

Cleverley will feature for United's first team this season so I don't think we need to 'worry' about him appearing for us :)

:cheers:

He had like 3 good games, and everyone is labelling him like he is going to be the next scholes, I just don't buy it.. I would rather we get Josh McEachran.

You can't say you don't want Cleverly because he's only had a few decent games. What has McEachran done that you hold him higher than Cleverly?

Cleverley will feature for United's first team this season so I don't think we need to 'worry' about him appearing for us :)

:cheers:

He had like 3 good games, and everyone is labelling him like he is going to be the next scholes, I just don't buy it.. I would rather we get Josh McEachran.

You can't say you don't want Cleverly because he's only had a few decent games. What has McEachran done that you hold him higher than Cleverly?

Not anything really, but what I have seen of him, which isn't a lot admittedly.. I rate him as a better prospect IMO than cleverly, and He's only 19.. Anyway I don't believe we need anyone in the CM.. We already have Delph,bannan,Gardner,KEA etc.. But if Lambert gets him on loan I will support it and welcome him, regardless on my opinion of him. And if Cleverly does turn out to be a great player in the future I will hold my hand up and say I doubted him, I was wrong..

I know watching players on Youtube means absolutely nothing. I also have no idea of how good Hooper actually is.

The guy knows where the goal is that's for sure.. I just don't think he'll get that kind of space or time on the ball in the Premier League. Now if he can adapt to having less time to shoot then he'd be a good striker for us but it's a rather big risk.

I know watching players on Youtube means absolutely nothing. I also have no idea of how good Hooper actually is.

The guy knows where the goal is that's for sure.. I just don't think he'll get that kind of space or time on the ball in the Premier League. Now if he can adapt to having less time to shoot then he'd be a good striker for us but it's a rather big risk.

Yep I know what you mean.

I work with an Everton fan, and just before they signed Jelavic we watched a YouTube video of him and pretty much said the exact same thing as you did. Seemed to work out okay for them. Would it for us & Hooper.... no idea.

Cleverley is a much better prospect than McCeachran, had a great year on loan at Wigan and has shown far more than Mc so far. To say that you wouldn't want him at villa is pretty outrageous, think he'd be a superb loan/signing. But no chance, he'll start a fair few games for Manure this year.

Cleverley is a much better prospect than McCeachran, had a great year on loan at Wigan and has shown far more than Mc so far. To say that you wouldn't want him at villa is pretty outrageous, think he'd be a superb loan/signing. But no chance, he'll start a fair few games for Manure this year.

McCeachran is only 19, so still got a lot to prove.. And a lot more potential than Cleverly IMO..

http://tinyurl.com/679dcte

Villas-Boas commented on McEachran saying "This is a youngster with so much talent, Physique-wise, there is nothing to him at the moment. In the changing room you see him getting ready to go and train and he looks nothing like a footballer. His power and pace is in his head. He went on "But you could say the same about Luka Modric, Jack Wilshere or Samir Nasri. All are built with slight physiques but they are all among the finest midfield players in the world. Josh is going that way. His brain is always five yards ahead of the rest. I see in him very much as part of the future of this club."

Former Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers commented on the signing of Mceachran on loan for the rest of the 2011/12 season saying: "He's a wonderful technician with the ball, with great vision. He is an immense talent, which he will demonstrate over the next number of years. Also that: "His talent is all there to see, it's pure natural ability."

Been having a look on the Oatcake to see what they are saying Re: Hutton (nothing). They are discussing a potential swap between us and them though, they want to swap Kenwyne Jones + a few £m for Gabby, lol.

They also have a thread saying Adam Johnson has put in a written transfer request at City?