General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

The Cleveland Browns addressed rumors of being sold by issuing this statement from owner Randy Lerner:

"In connection with current rumors and press inquiries, I can report that I’ve been approached by Mr. Jimmy Haslam, who is interested in making an investment in the Cleveland Browns. We are currently in negotiations and both sides have agreed to keep that dialogue and its details private. Given that any transaction would require League approval, care has been taken so that this process will not be disruptive to the organization, in particular the football team, as it prepares for the upcoming season. We will share further details or make an announcement if it becomes necessary.”

Clicky

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ipswich got £8.1 million of Sunderland last year for Conor Wickham! Wonder how much they can get off us, if, we are indeed interested.

bit different, Wickham had been touted as a real hot prospect for a few years not sure Cresswell had similar enough hype

It was £8mil with add ons rising to £12mil.

Just imagine, Dunne and Collins out with Ramis and Vlaar in.

as much as those two cloggers need to be filed under R for "arrivederci"...

i couldn't get too excited if this happened as reports on Vlaar aren't too great and i have never seen Ramis play (as i'm guessing is the case for most VTers)...

but we surely cannot be in a worse position than having dumb and dumber at the back

Just imagine, Dunne and Collins out with Ramis and Vlaar in.

as much as those two cloggers need to be filed under R for "arrivederci"...

i couldn't get too excited if this happened as reports on Vlaar aren't too great and i have never seen Ramis play (as i'm guessing is the case for most VTers)...

but we surely cannot be in a worse position than having dumb and dumber at the back

Do you remember when richard said we had that beasty transfer budget ;) we might get it now hes selling the browns :cheers:

He isn't selling the Browns, at least not all of it. He's bringing in a new investor, I doubt it would affect us in any way. The Browns are his father's legacy, I doubt he'll ever sell them completely unless he has no choice.

He isn't selling the Browns, at least not all of it. He's bringing in a new investor, I doubt it would affect us in any way. The Browns are his father's legacy, I doubt he'll ever sell them completely unless he has no choice.

NFL franchises don't really require investors. They all make massive profits and are a license to print money.

He may not be selling all of the Browns but I would bet its a controlling stake.