General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if we go down, we go down. It won't be Lambert's fault. The board dictate his budget and financial strategy and he has to work within that.

I think most fans realise this.

And if the atmosphere at the everton game is anything to go by i don't think it will take long for the fans to turn on lerner this season.

Time for a party in Big_John_10's house ?

What a joyous day that would be for you, is that your endgame ? Or will you only stop when you've hounded out a perfectly good owner to be replaced by some Bling Fake Sheikh ?

Careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

FFS I Just want the club to show some **** AMBITION and BALLS in the transfer market. Lerner has the money to sign some players he just made a billion dollars, no? I know most would disagree but I think Berbatov still has it and I don't see why we weren't after him. He's the kind of experienced player we should be after. Even Owen FFS. Kranjcar is available no? VdV? QPR get Granero, who the **** do we get?? What about Charlie Adam or even trying for Milner again? It just pisses me off that we're not after some real pedigree and PL experience.

Say your running a company for x ammount of years, i am a bank; you owe me quite a bit of money, ive given your company many chances to improve revenue by granting additional funds, yet i see improvements on my end when expenditure is reduced...

Why would i front you extreme finances yet again when im seeing no return on my cash?

Owners dont give clubs money, like the bank doesnt give you a mortgage without a return.

Now just ease up and dont worry about who's being looked at and what is happening behind closed doors, the lambert era isnt over till skysports sings :).

Dont take me wrongly too! I can empathise with your fustration, but we have to progress from here and do the 5year plan like a functional business this time around; maybe then when football devours itself in consumerism and expenditure we will still remain The Villa one of englands most prestigous clubs.

Did i wake up in an alternate reality ? Sanity at last on Villatalk !

I wonder if we would be thinking differently if we weren't bottom of the league table? If we were in the top four of what is a very, very early league table, we would be saying that the signings of Bowery, Benteke, Stephens, Trotter et al are shrewd purchases, rather than complete gambles with out almost certain relegation.

Sod it! Far more fun to panic!!!!!! I ask Mr Lambert to surprise us. Pull of a couple of real quality signings, I just cannot see it though.