General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i was pretty hopeful for this season with the recruitment of PL & i am delighted we have him... I like the look of KEA, Vlaar & Lowton & feel we have a few other raggy edges which can help to form a reasonable team..But not a complete one & with hardly any squad players who are good enough

For me we need

A keeper, LB, Central defender, Holding Midfielder, Creative midfielder, 2 strikers, 2 wingers... We have very average cover for those positions but that is all.

Of the players we have i would keep Guzan (back up), Vlaar, Dunne, Lowton, Kea, Bent & Gabby & possibly Weimann, Baker, Gardner & Carruthers from the young players .. The rest are not Premiership quality for me at the moment & they can go or get loaned out as a last ditch attempt to get them up to scratch.

Of the youngsters they would be purely ones for the future & not currently any more than bench warmers in the less important games.

.......................?????

Lowton.......Vlaar........Dunne.......?????

................Holding Mid?

?????...........KEA..............?????

......Bent/Gabby....??????

That is pretty shocking! but we need 5 signings to bolster the 1st team alone for me as the players we have been using in those missing positions are just not up to scratch for me & should only be back ups...So here is my 2nd eleven

.....................Guzan

Hutton.....Clark.....Baker......Stevens

Nzog......Ireland.....Gardner....?????

Weimann....Carruthers

For me this is the problem... Our 1st team is basically only strong enough to be our back up squad.

How on earth it has come to this only RL knows.. Utterly shocking!

The only players good enough to start week in week out for us are (imho) Given, Vlaar, KEA, Bent

The rest of our squad are pretty much squad filler. Decent enough but not good enough to be considered week in week out players. We need to add at least 3 'starter' QUALITY players to the starting 11 just to be midtable to my eyes

Left back (obviously)

Winger

Strike partner for Bent

and in all reality we could also do with a midfield general and another centre back

there will be all kinds of excuses pouring out of VP once the window shuts claiming 'we couldn't get the deals done in time' and it'll be the usual horseshit they feed us. They've had PLENTY of time. All summer in fact

The only players good enough to start week in week out for us are (imho) Given, Vlaar, KEA, Bent

The rest of our squad are pretty much squad filler. Decent enough but not good enough to be considered week in week out players. We need to add at least 3 'starter' QUALITY players to the starting 11 just to be midtable to my eyes

Left back (obviously)

Winger

Strike partner for Bent

and in all reality we could also do with a midfield general and another centre back

there will be all kinds of excuses pouring out of VP once the window shuts claiming 'we couldn't get the deals done in time' and it'll be the usual horseshit they feed us. They've had PLENTY of time. All summer in fact

Given and Bent were shite yesterday.... So I have to disagree with you there.

I thought KEA and Vlaar did well and Holman seemed to be the only player moving when he came on.

Left back (obviously)

Winger

Strike partner for Bent

I do agree with you Ulver.. Maybe was a bit harsh on Given but i do think he is a touch out of form at present... Still lets see what this week brings :?

Guzan

Lichaj - Vlaar - Clark - Warnock

-------- KEA ---------

Ireland--- Delph --- Holman

Weiman --- Bent

Until we have replaced him I think we should give Warnock another try, lets face it we can't get any worse than yesterday. I also think the Clark, Vlaar partnership needs time and presumably Tuesday will be his last match before suspension anyway?

Guzan

Lichaj - Vlaar - Clark - Warnock

-------- KEA ---------

Ireland--- Delph --- Holman

Weiman --- Bent

Until we have replaced him I think we should give Warnock another try, lets face it we can't get any worse than yesterday. I also think the Clark, Vlaar partnership needs time and presumably Tuesday will be his last match before suspension anyway?

I'm in agreement however i would play Baker ahead of Clark regardless of whether his suspension kicks in as Baker did enough in the second half yesterday to warrant a start.

Baker is better than Clark imo.

I would agree - with a note of caution - the game was effectively over when Baker went to CB.

More worrying for me is the fact that Lambert publicly put his faith in Clark - I thought maybe he had seen something we hadn't. A massive error - can't wait for Dunne to be fit TBH.

I'm worried... about lack of signings, lack of viable speculation, the way we have been playing, the pitifully low confidence of the players. I also don't think we will sign more than 2 players with the time left (if that). Yes we keep deals under wraps and obviously the club are working towards new signings but even with our secrecy if any deals were even close someone somewhere will be spilling the beans. This is probably the most worrying, is it that we can't attract any players of decent quality? Won't pay their wage demands, won't pay the clubs valuation? Somethings got to give and soon or we will be in serious shit come January and that might be too late. There are no other Bents around at the moment to save our ass this time. I believe that PL is the right man for the job but am seriously shocked at how much yesterdays team looked like last season, we haven't even had the luxury of having the "new manager syndrome"... I hate going into ever game thinking we are going to get beaten, I thought this would stop but I obviously thought wrong. Players just are not good enough!!!!!!

Rant over... anyone heard anything new?

To answer Big Johns question of why leave it late.

O'Neill left it late to buy Warnock and even later for Dunne and Collins. God knows why but they all do it.[/quotpity he fecking bothered those the ones causng the problems with wages and being crap

Wow so just 5 days till the transfer eindow shuts and we are piss poor, 6 quality players away from being a decent side. We have the shittest midfield in the premier league except KEA. No width. No dm, no attacking threat. I can't remeber the last time I watched the villa live or on motd with great joy or anticipation! Sad times for the villa