General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just shy of 8 days then... Loads of time...

:)

Come on Villa, get your finger out...

I've got a feeling we will be stuck with this shower of shit team :?

No we'll have to see some movement one way or the other soon I think

I think I echo the sentiment of many on here with regards to the club playing a risky game with the "sell to buy" policy...

The players we are looking to shift, Hutton, Warnock, Dunne, are all being looked at by 2 teams who are regularly buying players on the ;ast day of the window, Stoke and Sunderland.

If we wait until the last day, we've possibly lost 2 games and can possibly miss out on our targets or be unable to find replacements should those targets fail to materialise!

As much as I'm glad that it looks like Dunne, Warnock and Hutton are all going to be shifted, it just doesn't seem realistic that we're going to replace all three of them as well as making the few signings that we already need. I'm still not taking Lowton as anything but one for the future either, but no doubt it looks as if he has been signed to be our main right back.

God knows why we let Cuellar go.

I think I echo the sentiment of many on here with regards to the club playing a risky game with the "sell to buy" policy...

I said this during the Vlaar deal.

I don't think it's the right approach for a club who for the last two years have struggled and all teams around them are improving.

^^ Can't see that unless we have something already sorted out......... I don't have too many objections to flogging Weimann, as long as what comes in is better..... :|

Can't see us letting him go before Fonz, he's been much more effective in his limited time for us. That would leave us needing yet another striker, too, and there's nobody that could be brought in both for as low a fee and on comparable wages.

I would say it bollocks about Weimann but on the off chance it's right bearing in mind they just got close to £25mil for Fletcher and Jarvis our Austrian under 21 international is going to cost alot more than £2mil !!!