General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@FootballDave01

Villa have placed a 'substantial' bid for Matt Jarvis.

Had never heard of him until yesterday (the twitter guy). Basically a more renowned twitter 'ITK' who has had a few things right, recommended one of his 'sources' who had recently signed up to twitter, who in turn recommended this FootballDave01 as one of his sources. (I dont usually follow any unless they have a few things right but taken a bit of a gamble on these two as theyve been recommended)

Has to be rubbish Wolves want stupid money 10 mill + ?

At that price why not go for Johnson

Perhaps because Johnson is going elsewhere maybe

A little, considering the time of the year now, less than 10 days to go of transfer window, we don't seem to be getting linked to many players at all anymore. Come on, lets get a move on! On paper, we have one of the weakest squads in the league in terms of quality and numbers. Needs bolstering bad.

I think it's obvious if we don't sign 2 or 3 players then we will struggle and end up between 14th to 16th. However I hope and think we will as PL is no mug. I am getting worried slightly as there is not even a whiff of a transfer.

Maybe we are going to chuck 20m at them for Fletcher and Jarvis and try to throw in Hutton as part of the deal too.

That would have to qualify as one of the most ridiculous bits of transfer business in Premiership history if it came off. 20m for Jarvis and Fletcher ???

What remarkable value that'd be!

A winger is the least likely player we would be buying at the moment, imo. Don't see anything in this Jarvis rubbish.

The last two words of your post is right. I'd be committing Lambert to the funny farm if we spent anywhere near 10m on Jarvis. Distinctly average player with limited ability for a winger. We have already got one of those in Albrighton.

Would like Jarvis, a very traditional winger who's main goal is to put crosses in the box which is what we need. If we buy Johnson/Sinclair etc. we'd just be buying another N'Zogbia in that these players prefer the opposite wing so that the can cut in and shoot.

Maybe we are going to chuck 20m at them for Fletcher and Jarvis and try to throw in Hutton as part of the deal too.

That would have to qualify as one of the most ridiculous bits of transfer business in Premiership history if it came off. 20m for Jarvis and Fletcher ???

What remarkable value that'd be!

Course it would but i wouldn't be shocked by anything given how this window is going. I'd rather we spent 20m on Guidetti, Matt Phillips and a DM though.

I'd like Jarvis, unsure on Doyle, but a definite NO to Ward.

Thing is, if they want 15m for Fletcher, 10m for Jarvis, how much are they going to want for Doyle?

I could imagine the Wolves board discussing it like this:

Warhead is the code word for Doyle