General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

The sooner people face reality and realise we cannot afford theDempseys Carrolls Defoes or Johnsons of this world, the less tears there will be

The reality is you have no idea what we can or cant afford. Just like the rest of us.

Your right of course, but if we could afford Dani Alves we probably wouldn't have bought Matthew Lowton...

Nobody expects Dani Alves, theres a huge gap between him and Lowton so that arguement is void. What I personally expect is a youngster signed from League One to have been signed as a prospect and not to be part of our starting 11. If you're honestly telling me the best RB we can sign is Lowton, then we may aswell give up now and prepare for a season in the Championship.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I domt see why he cannot come in a be apart of the starting XI.

Where did Jagielka come from for example? There are plenty of good players from the lower leagues who can step up.

I'm not arguing that he isn't capable of 'coming to be' a part of a starting 11. What I'm saying is right now, he isn't of that calibre, there is a big difference between a player having the potential to be in our starting 11 and simply throwing him in there because we have no **** else.

I'm not going to question any of the signings at this stage

We need to look at things initially after 6 games IMHO

Lets not forget, lambert lost 5 on the bounce with Norwich last year yet still finished 14th

The sooner people face reality and realise we cannot afford theDempseys Carrolls Defoes or Johnsons of this world, the less tears there will be

The reality is you have no idea what we can or cant afford. Just like the rest of us.

Your right of course, but if we could afford Dani Alves we probably wouldn't have bought Matthew Lowton...

Nobody expects Dani Alves, theres a huge gap between him and Lowton so that arguement is void. What I personally expect is a youngster signed from League One to have been signed as a prospect and not to be part of our starting 11. If you're honestly telling me the best RB we can sign is Lowton, then we may aswell give up now and prepare for a season in the Championship.

The Dani Alves thing was a hyperbol to accentuate the point, but atm our starting RB is Lowton.

Looking at Huddlestone on loan according to Twitter

Excellent. Another season long loan for a Spurs midfielder who will no doubt break his leg getting out of his Audi R8 on the first day of training.

Levy must have pictures of Faulkner getting bummed cos we keep helping this Laaandaaan behemoth with developing their players or taking unwanted tards on loan to free up wages so they can get Man City rejects in.

No for me.

We ain't getting Johnson, so rather than torture yourselves for the next 48 hours until he winds up with O'Neill just accept it now and move on. Sunderland will defo go on a late splurge and it will be frustrating too watch but it's not our club so deal with it.

We could do with a bit of presence in midfield - we were a bit bullied from time to time against West Ham due to their physicality. Not sure if Huddlestone would be the best bet but we need somebody like him.

I actually thought Doumbia looked good in the Wolves midfield yesterday.

We do need a bit more bite in our midfield though. But rather we tried to loan De Jong unless he moves to Inter.

what about charlie adam? around 3/4 mil and i'm guessing about 30k a week

Nah - we need someone in the Reo-Coker mould; tenacious, athletic, good at winning the ball and breaking up play. The only proper defensive midfielder we have is Herd really.