General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Like Dempsey a lot, but theres nothing like 'refusing to play and breach of contract etc' to put you off a player.

1 good season last year and now his billy bollocks.

I read some stat that in the last 3 years, Dempsey was only behind Rooney and RVP in goals scored. He has been a consistent goal getting for quite a few seasons now. He knows he is in the prime of his career and wants to move up. He makes less that 60k a week at fulham and probably thinks he deserves more, which I'd agree with based on his abilities.

i understand the wanting to play in the champions league, but these are teams already qualified for the champions league

Chelsea, Valencia, Montpellier, Shakhtar Donetsk, Manchester City, Borussia Dortmund. Paris Saint-Germain, Ajax, Manchester United Bayern Munich, Porto, Galatasaray, Arsenal, Schalke 04, Benfica, Olympiacos, Real Madrid, Juventus, Zenit St. Petersburg, Nordsjælland,

Barcelona, A.C. milan

out of those, the only ones id say would want to take him are donetsk, dortmund, galatasary, zenit and Nordsjælland. if he moves to any of those then yeah fair enough its cus he wants to play in CL, but to move to liverpool who will struggle to finish top 6 will show himself up to be a right bell end.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah for the people that keep mentioning the lack of signings, looks take a trip back in history:

08/09 Summer Window:

Milner 12 million 29/08

09/10 Summer Window:

Warnock 7 million 26/08

Collins 5 million 1/09

Dunne 5 million 1/09

And last season we also had quite a lot of movement on the last day, so chill out for now because it is coming. Add to that, the further we go into the window the more signings top teams will make and that could displace some of their fringe players, freeing up more possible transfers. Sit back and enjoy.

That proves naff all. Note how that is all under 1 manager when Randy was trying his luck at getting Champs league as soon as - or within the 4/5 year plan or whatever it was. What happened in MONs final window, what happened in McLeish's window? (summer windows).... I kinda get the feeling that our guys think we will be ok to go with what we have... We might be being left behind though.

I will just have to respectfully disagree, I think in the past under various managers we have saved alot of our business until quite late in the window because honestly if you think about it, that makes sense. The earlier you approach a team in the window the more they will demand because there is the time to negotiate. However, if a team needs rid of a player or is up for listening to offers, then the buying teams do have a bit more leverage and can possibly get players on the cheap...i.e. look at the VDV deal for Spurs a few windows back

Also, look back to MON's last full window at the club and we thought we might be done with a lot of our activity and all the spending was over. First game of the season, Wigan turned us over easily and it became clear we needed defensive reinforcements, and that is exactly what we went out and got in the remaining days. Now mind you, I hope West Ham does not turn us over like that day versus Wigan. Though, seriously people need to just chill the hell out. The window is still open. If you want to moan about a lack of activity wait until the window is closed.

Like Dempsey a lot, but theres nothing like 'refusing to play and breach of contract etc' to put you off a player.

1 good season last year and now his billy bollocks.

I read some stat that in the last 3 years, Dempsey was only behind Rooney and RVP in goals scored. He has been a consistent goal getting for quite a few seasons now. He knows he is in the prime of his career and wants to move up. He makes less that 60k a week at fulham and probably thinks he deserves more, which I'd agree with based on his abilities.

i understand the wanting to play in the champions league, but these are teams already qualified for the champions league

Chelsea, Valencia, Montpellier, Shakhtar Donetsk, Manchester City, Borussia Dortmund. Paris Saint-Germain, Ajax, Manchester United Bayern Munich, Porto, Galatasaray, Arsenal, Schalke 04, Benfica, Olympiacos, Real Madrid, Juventus, Zenit St. Petersburg, Nordsjælland,

Barcelona, A.C. milan

out of those, the only ones id say would want to take him are donetsk, dortmund, galatasary, zenit and Nordsjælland. if he moves to any of those then yeah fair enough its cus he wants to play in CL, but to move to liverpool who will struggle to finish top 6 will show himself up to be a right bell end.

What is wrong with wanting to make more money?

If your employer paid you below market value and was preventing you from moving to someone willing to pay you a lot more money, I bet you would throw quite a fit as well.

Just because they make 40k a week instead of a year does not make it any different.

Yeah for the people that keep mentioning the lack of signings, looks take a trip back in history:

08/09 Summer Window:

Milner 12 million 29/08

09/10 Summer Window:

Warnock 7 million 26/08

Collins 5 million 1/09

Dunne 5 million 1/09

And last season we also had quite a lot of movement on the last day, so chill out for now because it is coming. Add to that, the further we go into the window the more signings top teams will make and that could displace some of their fringe players, freeing up more possible transfers. Sit back and enjoy.

That proves naff all. Note how that is all under 1 manager when Randy was trying his luck at getting Champs league as soon as - or within the 4/5 year plan or whatever it was. What happened in MONs final window, what happened in McLeish's window? (summer windows).... I kinda get the feeling that our guys think we will be ok to go with what we have... We might be being left behind though.

I will just have to respectfully disagree, I think in the past under various managers we have saved alot of our business until quite late in the window because honestly if you think about it, that makes sense. The earlier you approach a team in the window the more they will demand because there is the time to negotiate. However, if a team needs rid of a player or is up for listening to offers, then the buying teams do have a bit more leverage and can possibly get players on the cheap...i.e. look at the VDV deal for Spurs a few windows back

Also, look back to MON's last full window at the club and we thought we might be done with a lot of our activity and all the spending was over. First game of the season, Wigan turned us over easily and it became clear we needed defensive reinforcements, and that is exactly what we went out and got in the remaining days. Now mind you, I hope West Ham does not turn us over like that day versus Wigan. Though, seriously people need to just chill the hell out. The window is still open. If you want to moan about a lack of activity wait until the window is closed.

I havnt been moaning as much as some. I personally think we will be ok and could actually do quite well with these first few games. But, For MONs final window with us, we signed nobody. He left. We swapped Milner for Ireland, played Newcaste and lost 6-0. There was still time left in the window to buy and did we? Nope. We panic bought Bent and damn good job we did too.

It's just all this seeing QPR, Southampton, Wigan, Fulham, Liverpool all buying to improve and we are faffing a bit.

well if its about money why doesnt he say so? id prefer some honesty rather than the usual "i need to play at the highest level" shite they trot out every time they demand a move.

For those of you saying Dempsey has had only one good season that is false.

2008–09 41 (eight goals)

2009–10 44 (9)

2010–11 42 (13)

2011–12 46 (23)

That's a lot of goals for a midfielder playing for an average team and we could definitely use him.

For those of you saying Dempsey has had only one good season that is false.

2008–09 41 (eight goals)

2009–10 44 (9)

2010–11 42 (13)

2011–12 46 (23)

That's a lot of goals for a midfielder playing for an average team and we could definitely use him.

at the moment (until Lambert has a chance to work his magic) we are a below average team.

Believe it or not but Stoke's ITK guy has suggested that they are sorting out a deal for Bent and their fans are now getting excited. Here are some quotes from the 'Oatcake' forum.

We are trying for 2 players from Villa - Hutton and Bent with Bent the priority

I agree with what you have said,but we are now established in the prem,on paper Villa don`t look any better than us and Bent has always come across as a money grabbing bastard who would say anything to fill his wallet.

Players change their outlook when they've been injured and wank for two years.

Believe it or not but Stoke's ITK guy has suggested that they are sorting out a deal for Bent and their fans are now getting excited. Here are some quotes from the 'Oatcake' forum.

We are trying for 2 players from Villa - Hutton and Bent with Bent the priority

I agree with what you have said,but we are now established in the prem,on paper Villa don`t look any better than us and Bent has always come across as a money grabbing bastard who would say anything to fill his wallet.

Players change their outlook when they've been injured and sail on the mayonnaise sea for two years.

absolutely **** hilarious, even more evidence why Twitter is utter **** bollocks

Evenot have lost Rodwell and Cahill , Dempsey would be a good fit for them

He'd be perfect for them. Suits the system and style of play. We have to accept we'll fallen behind Everton.

The money they received for Rodwell will get well invested no doubt.