General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I've never been rude, or condescending to anyone on here and certainly haven't resorted to name calling so maybe you should practice what you preach.
You may not think so but you certainly have.

I already do thanks. Perhaps we should continue this via PM, as it doesn't really have any place in this thread?

Do you not define calling someone childish as being rude? I mean its in your posts Mantis and I'm afraid if you can't see or admit that then there's actually no reason to PM. I'd much rather debate with someone who can actually debate without resorting to those type of insults.

Not when they actually are acting childish by calling people's opinions "invalid" just because they don't agree with them and saying condescending crap like "didn't want to upset you".

Perhaps you should heed your own advice then because when you act in the way you do a lot of people are going to fight back with the same stuff you throw at them and believe me, some of it will be way ruder than what I've said.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carroll works best when you play with wingers as while he can shoot with his feet rather competently he's better with his head. If we are playing a narrow attack we need someone more direct like Sturridge or Guidetti.

This speculation thread has turned into a farce. Wheres ITK_Transfer when you need him?

I think we will sign the following:

Poulsen

Johnson

Carroll.

That would be awesome. Of all the strikers being touted to come here, Carroll > all of them.

I really hope we don't sign Carroll. Still don't get the hype around him.

:thumb:

He was seriously lacking confidence last year at Liverpool, but at Newcastle, people were scared to play against him because of his ability in the air.

If we signed him, I think Lambert could really work towards his strengths.

I'd love it if we signed Carroll. Bent and Carroll upfront would terrorise the Premier League!

I've never been rude, or condescending to anyone on here and certainly haven't resorted to name calling so maybe you should practice what you preach.

I already do thanks. Perhaps we should continue this via PM, as it doesn't really have any place in this thread?

Do you not define calling someone childish as being rude? I mean its in your posts Mantis and I'm afraid if you can't see or admit that then there's actually no reason to PM. I'd much rather debate with someone who can actually debate without resorting to those type of insults.

Not when they actually are acting childish by calling people's opinions "invalid" just because they don't agree with them and saying condescending crap like "didn't want to upset you".

Perhaps you should heed your own advice then because when you act in the way you do a lot of people are going to fight back with the same stuff you throw at them and believe me, some of it will be way ruder than what I've said.

Well at least you have now admitted to being rude which is something!

Secondly, i didn't call your opinion invalid due to not agreeing with it, i actually proved my point when you finally agreed that Gabby wasn't the same player of a few seasons ago thereby stating that McLeish wasn't the only reason why we scored so few goals last season.

My comment 'didn't want to upset you' was in fact meant with no hidden agenda as i was enjoying the debate and i didn't want you taking it personal but you have misconstrued it as something else and thats what i mean by you replying to something you think i said rather than what was posted!

Finally i would challenge you to find where i have been rude to anyone on VT, so there would be no need at all for anyone else to reply to me in such a way.

I would suggest you leave it at that Mantis.

I really hope we don't sign Carroll. Still don't get the hype around him.

:thumb:

He was seriously lacking confidence last year at Liverpool, but at Newcastle, people were scared to play against him because of his ability in the air.

If we signed him, I think Lambert could really work towards his strengths.

I'd love it if we signed Carroll. Bent and Carroll upfront would terrorise the Premier League!

He'd cost so much though. Is he really worth it?

@Morpheus: See BOF's post and check your PMs. ;)

Well at least you have now admitted to being rude which is something!

Secondly, i didn't call your opinion invalid due to not agreeing with it, i actually proved my point when you finally agreed that Gabby wasn't the same player of a few seasons ago thereby stating that McLeish wasn't the only reason why we scored so few goals last season.

My comment 'didn't want to upset you' was in fact meant with no hidden agenda as i was enjoying the debate and i didn't want you taking it personal but you have misconstrued it as something else and thats what i mean by you replying to something you think i said rather than what was posted!

Finally i would challenge you to find where i have been rude to anyone on VT, so there would be no need at all for anyone else to reply to me in such a way.

I would suggest you leave it at that Mantis.

yawn yawn yawn, please do us all a favour and sort out your argument in a PM, so bored of both arguments now.