General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Striker suggestions. It seems Lambert is after a target man/big striker, why not Jozy Altidore? Was a bit young (still only 22 yo) when he was on loan at Hull, but has scored 17 in 35 games for AZ in a years time. Thoughts?

Other than that, it seems Bendtner hasnt find a club yet? Any takers?

Bendtner is on a reported £52.000 a week at Arsenal (the number on his shirt) not sure he´s worth that to us.

Will always be one of those players that is hard to love. On his day thou he's pretty good.

Edit: And his missus is really hot...

i would take jones. i think under a good manager he is a beast and sometimes unplayable. thats the only problem with him he is not always consistent

I would definitely take him at the right price, which I would think would be around £5/6 million.

Good player on his day and will increase competition for places.

hmmm what about this guys

-----------Given

-------Clark---Vlaar

Lichaj-----------------Poulsen

--------El Ahmadi

-----------------Ireland

N'zogbia--------------Holman

------Bent-----Guidetti

Subs

Guzan

Baker

Lowton

Herd

Bannan

Weimann

Matt Philips

Mantis its time you let it go especially when you are starting to debate your own points with yourself. :crylaugh:
Time to let what go? It's just a discussion.

Glad to hear it. Wouldn't want to upset you.

This is what I mean by being childish. There's no need to be condescending and make it personal.

I'm not upset by the way, just amused.

And this is what I mean about you replying to what you think I'm saying rather than whats exactly in the post. I was being neither condescending or personal and again I'm not the one resorting to name calling and insults.

"Wouldn't want to upset you". That was blatantly condescending. There's just no need for it.

Actually it wasn't meant to be as I'm a little more direct than that if I wish to be condescending. But since you do seem a little upset I will be more mindful of your sensitive nature.

There you go again. :lol:

As I said, I'm amused. Thanks for proving my point.

Again Mantis i see you are still replying to what you think has been stated rather than whats actually in my post but i am glad you have eased up a little and not taken it too personally. Also be mindful that there are some around here that don't don't take kindly to insults (childish) but thankfully i'm not one of them. I just see it as a sign of weakness! :lol:

Regarding Guidetti. From what I (and swedish media) gather, he is injured and knoe one knows when he is able to play again.... Its has something to do with some nerve somewhere in his body. Thats way he wasnt picked for the Swedish national team against Brazil.

This is a non starter.

So who would you take DVIN and Oz? Not many realistic options to be truthful

Not too sure if i'm honest but one thing I am convinced on is if we look/scout hard enough we should come up with better options whether it be a PL player or abroad.

This sort of answers the question, who are they supposed to scout, it's pre-season. PL will go for players he feel will add what he needs, if we got either Bendtner or Jones on top of Gabby and Bent I'd be happy but in all honesty doubt they'll be at VP.

This sort of answers the question, who are they supposed to scout, it's pre-season.

To be fair they should be scouting all the time, I'm sure the scouts from last season left a few names behind, for example i'm not sure KEA was scouted by Lambert/his team I think it was done by that scout McLeish left behind I could be wrong of course.

If those two come in fine but for me we need a LB in before any other position at the moment.

It's almost borderline pathetic how we only have one left back by name at this club currently (I've always though Lichaj was a right back) and it has been like this for a while.

Very unbalanced.