General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we don't loan Lukaku. I think he's got great potential but if there isn't an option to buy after the loan I'd rather we didn't go in for him..

There is no chance -- none -- that Chelsea will sell Lukaku. He will go on loan somewhere to get playing time, and at the end of the loan, will return to Chelsea. He's going to be a star.

I hope we don't loan Lukaku. I think he's got great potential but if there isn't an option to buy after the loan I'd rather we didn't go in for him..

There is no chance -- none -- that Chelsea will sell Lukaku. He will go on loan somewhere to get playing time, and at the end of the loan, will return to Chelsea. He's going to be a star.

Agreed.

Which is exactly why I hope we do not go in for him.

No way he will sign for anyone else, he is going to be a star in the future. Still very young.

However, we need all we can get at the moment. The squad we have now is not good enough for a push at European qualification, let alone top 10.

Lambert can create some sparks for sure, but we also need much better players. Is Lukaku the answer though? Not in my opinion.

Why are fans against loaning players unless we can sign them? If there is not much money to spend wouldn't it make sense to add quality players are loan and then after a good season for the team hopefully there is more money to spend to replace the loaned player.

I bet Bolton fans arent complaining that they loaned Sturridge 2 seasons back but couldn't buy him. Had we not loaned Robbie Keane last season we would probably be in the championship now.

Why are fans against loaning players unless we can sign them? If there is not much money to spend wouldn't it make sense to add quality players are loan and then after a good season for the team hopefully there is more money to spend to replace the loaned player.

I bet Bolton fans arent complaining that they loaned Sturridge 2 seasons back but couldn't buy him. Had we not loaned Robbie Keane last season we would probably be in the championship now.

yeah you're right, if we do get a loan though, I hope it's a Kyle Walker style loan and not a Jermaine Jenas type loan.

Well the alternative way of looking at it with Bolton is that if they had not loaned Sturridge to develop him for Chelsea and they had invested in a player of their own they woukdn't have been a striker short the next season when Chelsea refused to renew the deal.

Then Bolton got relegated.

Well the alternative way of looking at it with Bolton is that if they had not loaned Sturridge to develop him for Chelsea and they had invested in a player of their own they woukdn't have been a striker short the next season when Chelsea refused to renew the deal.

Completely agree with these sentiments. Quite happy though as Owen Coyle got found out as a manager.

You don't really think Bolton taking Sturridge on loan for a few months had anything to do with them being relegated? It was more down to mismanagement and a failure to replace the likes of Sturridge, Elmander, Cahill and Holden. That and a truly shite defence.

If we can't find the player we want long term this summer would you not prefer us to bring in somebody on loan as a stop gap until we can find that player. Or stand pat with our fingers crossed and hope we already have enough?

If Bolton had a couple of Sturridges on loan last season they'd still be a premier league side.