General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if it's accurate then we've got the guy provided the price is right as MON will bid for Johnson if he's still available on deadline day, Lambert will bid for him next week.

Maybe Johson could be a loan with a view to buy. At least that way after a season all can decide if the move is the right one and transfer fees can be used elsewhere.

As for Sturridge. I agree it is good for a striker to be selfish when in front of goal but Sturridge is selfish no matter where he is. The guy plays for himself and not the team. If he changes his attitude he would be a top player.

Adam Johnson would be a great signing. He is very exciting to watch and has that extra bit of flair to his game. He gets lost in the Man City team, but great players like Dzeko and de Jong does too. These are the kind of players that would excel for teams like Tottenham and Liverpool, and of course for us. I do not think we will have much chance of getting him though, why wouldn't Tottenham and Liverpool be interested? As for Sunderland, I am pretty sure he would pick us before them.

Anyone thinking we should get Nigel De Jong in?

would be a great signing to just sit infront of the defence..Let KEA get forward more..

Would be a great midfielder to have, a no nonsense midfielder we desperately need who gets stuck in. Also, he is refusing to sign a new contract, so I'm sure City would listen to offers. Problem with De Jong would be wages and we could offer him nowhere near what he gets now, and really the only team that could outside of the top teams is QPR.

Anyone thinking we should get Nigel De Jong in?

would be a great signing to just sit infront of the defence..Let KEA get forward more..

Would be a great midfielder to have, a no nonsense midfielder we desperately need who gets stuck in. Also, he is refusing to sign a new contract, so I'm sure City would listen to offers. Problem with De Jong would be wages and we could offer him nowhere near what he gets now, and really the only team that could outside of the top teams is QPR.

Actually put forward De Jong as a possible last season but agree his wages would be an issue and he might be looking for Champions League football. For a start Makoun would have to be off the wage bill and thats not going to be an easy task but we live in hope. Possible loan with Man City paying something towards his wages and then an option to buy?

Football Agent ‏@FootballAgent49

Several PL clubs have made enquiries about Manchester City's Adam Johnson, Sunderland and Aston Villa both interested.

2 mins ago.

:cheers:

im "intrested" in bending one up mila kunis, not gonna happen though.