Would like us to sign

Lb: Cresswell/ Bennett/ Erik Pieters

St: Gary Hooper/ Wilfred Zaha/ Rhodes/ Guidetti

Cm: Mark Davies/ Lewis McGugan/ Jake Livermore

Cb: Tom Lees/ Caulker

Wng: Georgi Chanturia/ Sinclair/ Tom Ince/ Matt Philipps

Out

Hutton, Warnock, Makoun??

Would have a decent team tbh with depth but a team pretty youthful!

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like us to sign

Out

In my optimistic/deluded eyes I'd like to see

CB - Ashley Williams

LB - Aaron Cresswell

and then

Daniel Sturridge, Dane Brekken Shea and Ricky Van Wolfswinkel (Sunderland in for him apparently) coming in as versatile attacking options.

With Makoun sorting out his problems and staying.

Dunne staying for one more year, to give advice to the young defenders as he does have a vast well of knowledge from experience being a Premiership CB.

and then

Warnock and Hutton leaving

Possibly Marshall going and Siegrist stepping up to third choice but I don't think anyone would have Marshall and hasn't he only recenty signed a new contract?

£3.5m for Ireland? Wouldn't read too much into that ITK twitter account. I like Ireland, he works his socks off now and has more quality than anyone else in our squad. He started to show what he was about under Eck, and is showing it in abundance pre-season under Lambo. Looks like Lambo rates him too. Big player for us next season.

I think Ireland would only leave if there was an offer from Major League Soccer.

No club here would pay his wages because only about 12 of us know who he his. Not exactly the marketing powerhouse MLS likes to sign.

Would like us to sign

Out

Don't forget the 25 man squad rule.. we stand at 23 inc Petrov currently. Which leaves room for 2 more signings without any departures.

Junxs

Don't forget the 25 man squad rule.. we stand at 23 inc Petrov currently. Which leaves room for 2 more signings without any departures.

Is that with the age rule?

onetakedizle

No club here would pay his wages because only about 12 of us know who he his. Not exactly the marketing powerhouse MLS likes to sign.

True, but I just think it's the only place he'd be interested in going.

Albrighton, Bannan, Delph, Stevens and Clark are all overage this year so thats 5 spaces taken up that wouldn't have been used last year

Albrighton, Bannan, Delph, Stevens and Clark are all overage this year so thats 5 spaces taken up that wouldn't have been used last year

That puts things in to perspective.

Both with the technicalities of who we have in the squad and also highlights the fact it's time for those five to prove they deserve a first team place.

I really don't want to see Ireland leave. At times last season he was the only shining light we had, yes he's on big wages but I think this is his season to show us what he's made of. 1 more season and then review his position in the team. From pre-season it looks like he's playing with a smile on his face once again and that can only be good for our club... I hope!

The "youngsters" are growing up. It is time for them to show Lambert why they deserve to remain part of his squad. It really is a make or break season for many!
This.

I think especially the likes of Bannan and Albrighton - they've had chances!

Joe Allen - £15m

Stephen Ireland - £3.5m

**** off Sparky you mug!!!

No way on this earth should we be thinking of selling Ireland, and i dont think Lambert would entertain selling him as Ireland seems to be one of his main men for this season.

Ive said it before, but to replace Stephen Ireland with someone with his technical ability and experience, your talking in excess of £12m.

Joe Allen - £15m

Stephen Ireland - £3.5m

**** off Sparky you mug!!!

No way on this earth should we be thinking of selling Ireland, and i dont think Lambert would entertain selling him as Ireland seems to be one of his main men for this season.

Ive said it before, but to replace Stephen Ireland with someone with his technical ability and experience, your talking in excess of £12m.

Agree on all points Wiggster! :thumb:

Really think we should be in for Lukaku now, hes firmly stated that he wants away on loan if Chelsea aren't going to give him first team action this season, and with him having a point to prove, combined with his potential, I think he'd be a great signing and we probably wouldn't even have to pay a loan fee.