General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

It's clear that Lambert had his scouts watching over Feyenoord last season and it's clear he was going to be getting players like KEA and Vlaar for Norwich, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Guidetti who scored 20 goals in 23 apps for Feyenoord was also being scouted. Lambert so far has summed up his transfer policy by going for value for money and Guidetti is value for money, he's £6 million and Ronald Koeman has likened him to Ibrahimovic if he's half as good as him then he's a bargain at £6 million.

Is that really that clear though...it was fairly well known our chief scout under McLeish was looking quite frequently at the Dutch league, so I would not be surprised if we are using alot of the scouting done under last season's management. But hey, if that is the case, it can put one bright spot on what the man did for our club.

The only one they can take credit for is Holman. Everyone else is Lambert.

Even though the talksport article linked in this thread is dated months before Lambert joined and mentions that villa are after KEA ??

But who actually signed off on the deal? Lambert of course.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely OT. But what do the little football symbols mean under our names over here....

<---------------------

Volume of posts made (some balls are styled as medals meaning higher volume if you are wondering why the likes of Mantis have less balls)!

Newcastle bid for Douglas 4 million pounds. Surely..even though we got Vlaar already.. Douglas can be signed for that much as well. Dunne Clark Vlaar and Douglas with Baker out on loan.

Article from the Sun says we are interested as well.

Why are man city selling him?

He's 20 and is currently behind 4 other strikers. He's good but still unproven at Premier League level in comparison to Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli and Dzeko. Man City may not be happy to sell but Guidetti no matter how good he is, is facing the possibility of being a bench warmer at City for another 2-3 years which he may not want.

Wouldn't they be better off loaning him again? I'm sure there would be a number of good clubs willing to take him on loan after the season he had in the Netherlands.

Seems like they would be silly to sell him so soon, can't see it myself.

Don't forget Adeybayor who is available on a free aparently!

Completely OT. But what do the little football symbols mean under our names over here....

<---------------------

Volume of posts made (some balls are styled as medals meaning higher volume if you are wondering why the likes of Mantis have less balls)!

Cheers mate :thumb:

Aparently we have made a bid ofr Yoan Gouffran... not bad to be honest, would prefer Sinclair though (Twitter Villa_Lobby)

Gouffran was supposed to be a huge talent a 18 months ago but hasnt performed as expected. He is in the Ben Arfa mould. if we took him maybe he would turn out just as good! we can hope, its worth taking a punt on him IMO.

Money coming in for Carroll to Villa today. 16/1 into 4/1

Want it to happen. Can't see it happening. But we do need a striker. If we got Carroll I'd contemplate getting 'Lambert' on the back of my shirt.

Carroll would be brilliant. It will allow us to have really good options. Either a narrow midfield with Bent up top or play with wingers and get crosses in for Carroll and Bent. I think you need that in the prem.

Carroll is so overrated on here. I swear most people were against him coming when we were linked with him under McLeish.

I think he's underrated by people saying he's overrated :winkold:

Also, if McLeish signed Carroll he'd be a different player to if Lambert signed him.

Carroll has a questionable attitude. It looks like he doesn't want to go to West Ham so he probably wouldn't see VP as a dream move (although far more desirable than WHU).

I want players here who are motivated and have a professional attitude.