General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the wide positions are covered TBH with Holman, N'zogbia and Albrighton. While Gabby can play there too. I think after a LB and Centre Half, a striker is a must now.

I couldn't disagree more.

Nzogbia has had an awful year.

Holman isn't a proper winger

Gabby isn't a proper winger

And albrighton has been poor and is now injured for 8 weeks.

I think we are desperate for a decent wide player.

RSC is old, slow and injury-prone...no thanks.

Maybe Jimmy Milner?

Lescott?

Lescott!?!?

More chance of a snowball in hell than Man City letting him go!!!

He proved last season he's one of the best centre halves in the league.

I'd be very happy with a LB (creswell), CB (Vlaar), Winger (dunno would love Johnson), striker (Carroll).

We all know we need defensive replacements and an end to the Villa careers of Warnock, Hutton and maybe Collins.

I still think were a bit short on the wings with Albrighton out and Gabby struggling to be fit for the start of the season that leaves only an untested Holman and N'Zogbia who has the talent but is such an unpredictable player and loses form easily.

Upfront I think we need a target man to add a second option and a new point of attack. Carroll wouldn't be a disaster but all depends on price.

Job done, top ten at a stroll.

RSC would be free surely and relatively low wages ?
Not only would he not be free and most certainly not be on low wages (year to run on his big money Citeh contract, which he'll be all too happy to just run down for the £££), he's been gash for the better part of, what, 4 years now? 4 years in which he's bagged a whopping 14 goals. You could not find me a barge-pole long enough with which I would be willing to touch Roque Santa Cruz.

west ham's bid for Carroll is believed to be a £2m loan fee then £16m permanent deal if they stay up.

If we are indeed owed £8m from the Downing deal then perhaps a £10m offer could tempt the bin dippers. I think that's a decent price. I wouldn't pay much more than that though.

west ham's bid for Carroll is believed to be a £2m loan fee then £16m permanent deal if they stay up.

If we are indeed owed £8m from the Downing deal then perhaps a £10m offer could tempt the bin dippers. I think that's a decent price. I wouldn't pay much more than that though.

Not sure why people seem to think this money that Liverpool owe us is like a bonus. It's not. It's our money that we could and should be spending elsewhere.

In that scenario we are still paying £18m for a player who may or may not be a success for us.

I don't think we're trying to bring him, certainly not for that kind of money.