General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

If there is indeed a big signing I bet it's Andy Carroll. :(

Hope not.

Interesting to see a poll on this one. I'd be over the moon if we signed Carol. Seen enough of him to know on his day he is unplayable.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is indeed a big signing I bet it's Andy Carroll. :(

Hope not.

Interesting to see a poll on this one. I'd be over the moon if we signed Carol. Seen enough of him to know on his day he is unplayable.

I think its quite a split one tbh, probably just tilting to the side of people who want him...Would be interesting though..

Capoue and Sissokho.Double signing as our big signing.

Carroll is far too expensive, and i believe too immobile for the way Lambert wants to play.Apart from Bent, i' m not sure about the rest of the fowards.For me it is make or break season for Gabby.Steady improvement under MON, 2 shit seasons under 2 different managers since, and signs of a bed attitude.Weimann looks lively, but lacks pace, Fonz is hard to judge, might be a step too far.I think Rodrigues, who has gone to Southampton would have been a very good buy, but we probably need a 25/26 striker from abroad, a la Cisse.

Is it not time for some ITK factious links, these guys make my summer tick, I wish they didn't get abused for sharing a story from a friend of someone's aunts Ethel...

It's great to see us linked with anyone and everyone, as long as Lambert knows what's going on, that's all that really matters.

All you ITK's please come back, spin your yarns & be a hero if your correct, I love them all!

on his day he is unplayable.

Am I the only person who hates this expression and think it's severely overused? This is in no way a personal attack on you Amo69 by the way. I think it's the 'unplayable' bit that winds me up, that and that it's thrown about all the time. Isn't anyone 'unplayable' on their day?

Maybe it's the fact that it seems to be used primarily for players who are incredibly inconsistent, and inconsistency is a not a trait I like to see in players that we sign. Andy Carroll is inconsistent, he has also been quite the troublemaker though to his credit I can't think of a recent incident so perhaps he has grown up a bit. However, lastly, he is far too expensive and would demand high wages and I don't believe he would justify either.

Then again, I'm also not a huge fan of the big target man type striker as I associate that with hoofball and counter-attacking football and after seeing what we've played in preseason, and I know it's only been three games so it is too early to judge perhaps, that does not seem to be the system Lambert intends to use. Variety is not necessarily a bad thing of course, and Lambert got a very good return off of Grant Holt, I just don't rate Carroll particularly.

on his day he is unplayable.

Am I the only person who hates this expression and think it's severely overused? This is in no way a personal attack on you Amo69 by the way. I think it's the 'unplayable' bit that winds me up, that and that it's thrown about all the time. Isn't anyone 'unplayable' on their day?

Maybe it's the fact that it seems to be used primarily for players who are incredibly inconsistent, and inconsistency is a not a trait I like to see in players that we sign. Andy Carroll is inconsistent, he has also been quite the troublemaker though to his credit I can't think of a recent incident so perhaps he has grown up a bit. However, lastly, he is far too expensive and would demand high wages and I don't believe he would justify either.

Then again, I'm also not a huge fan of the big target man type striker as I associate that with hoofball and counter-attacking football and after seeing what we've played in preseason, and I know it's only been three games so it is too early to judge perhaps, that does not seem to be the system Lambert intends to use. Variety is not necessarily a bad thing of course, and Lambert got a very good return off of Grant Holt, I just don't rate Carroll particularly.

Agreed on all accounts. There's no harm in having a target man, even the very best teams have those, but I don't think we should sign a target man to be one of our main strikers. To be, the target man in our team should be no more than a squad player to use when we need to mix things up. I'm sure we could get somebody from abroad that fits the bill but wouldn't cost the Earth.

If the object is to start playing short passing, possession football, a big slow target man is not what we should be after. A target man would only be useful as a late substitution for desperation long balls into the box.

Daniel Sturridge, please.

If the object is to start playing short passing, possession football, a big slow target man is not what we should be after. A target man would only be useful as a late substitution for desperation long balls into the box.

Daniel Sturridge, please.

Agree with this. Although some big men also have a great touch (Zlatan for one) I honestly havent seen enough of Carroll to know how good he is in possession, but on current evidence unless you have skill on the ball you are useless to Lamberts Villa 2.0 and thank god for that.

Heard a whisper today we were after a few more players. A left back, centre half and one other. All I heard is that its a Man City player. I believe the left back to be the lad from Ipswich and Im not sure about the centre half, Vlaar im guessing?

I have no idea who the Man City player could be...Johnson springs to mind?

Either way, take this with a pinch of salt! Im anything but 'ITK'.

Heard a whisper today we were after a few more players. A left back, centre half and one other. All I heard is that its a Man City player. I believe the left back to be the lad from Ipswich and Im not sure about the centre half, Vlaar im guessing?

I have no idea who the Man City player could be...Johnson springs to mind?

Either way, take this with a pinch of salt! Im anything but 'ITK'.

I doubt we could get any of their starting 11. Maybe Savic or one of their youth setup?

or just possibly Nimely? I mean if they get RvP then they really need to ship out some of their reserve strikers maybe?

There should be a new rule on VT -

'every ironic or sarcastic post shall be accompanied by a relevant smiley face so that the posters of a slightly dim persuasion don't get offended'

Whilst I smell another well intended ironic post (lol) - I fully agree with this... It might prevent people like me with short fuses from un-necessarily getting 'computer rage.'

:twisted: