General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Think part of the deal was he couldn't poach Norwich players for say 12 months

Why would any such deal EVER exist? Not only would it be illegal, Norwich are under no obligation to sell to us anyway. But if one of theirs is turned and we were the highest bidder, why would they not want to sell to us?

This is one of those old wives tales that in reality makes no sense at all.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norwich have upped their bid for Snodgrass

Looks like we are not in for him after all

Good. A very limited player who will be back in the Championship where he belongs with Norwich at the end of this coming season.

Norwich have upped their bid for Snodgrass

Looks like we are not in for him after all

Good. A very limited player who will be back in the Championship where he belongs with Norwich at the end of this coming season.

Every chance, we don't need him or any Norwich players.

Just been tweeting Mat Kendrick and he seems to be under the impression that we are definitely choosing to adopt a sell to buy strategy after the first few signings due to wages more than anything else.

Must say i'm disappointed with this as if nobody wants to buy our rubbish we're pretty stuck :(

Just been tweeting Mat Kendrick and he seems to be under the impression that we are definitely choosing to adopt a sell to buy strategy after the first few signings due to wages more than anything else.

Must say i'm disappointed with this as if nobody wants to buy our rubbish we're pretty stuck :(

I feel you, but it's a reasonable approach to take for a team in our position.

I know it's Twitter, but...

@JamesNursey James Nursey twitter

Not correct #AVFC agreed deal already to sell Collins & Warnock to #SAFC Sunderland. But wouldn't surprise me if happens later in summer

I know Nursey has got a few things wrong before, but I'm hoping that there is something in this.

Personally, I think it's only right that MON takes them to Sunderland considering he inflicted them on us in the first place! ;-)

Personally I would be amazed if MON brought Collins and Warnock to Sunderland. He's already done the smart thing & snapped up Cuellar - the good defender we let go.

However, I have been amazed by many things concerning Aston Villa, MON and his successor managers over the past 3 seasons, so maybe it will happen!

Its worrying that transfer activity seems to have come to a full stop. 'Speculate to accumulate' doesn't seem to apply and the only marquee signing might be the tent usually put up on Villa Village car park to flog off the old kit. Perhaps some of the much-discussed unwanted players could be included!

I really don't want a loan signing.

We need to build something, not help out other teams.

The loan system is one of the things wrong with football. It favours the biggest clubs because players try to sign for the biggest possible club, knowing they can just get loaned out if things don't go to plan.

That said, Lukaku was the next Big Thing an ear or two ago and getting him on loan while we identify a long term prospect makes a certain amount of sense.

Lukaku on loan with a permanent deal in the pipeline, yes please. Otherwise, I dont know. Would instantly sort out the powerhouse striker option without spending much I suppose.

Allowing money to be used elsewhere. But lets try for an option where, if he does well, we can make it permanent.

His record at Chelsea isnt great but his record otherwise is amazing for his age. I expect him to be one of Europes best at some point. An absolute beast.

His record at Chelsea isn't great?

I thought he looked okay in those 3 and a half minutes he's actually been given to play in...

Loan or otherwise, I wouldn't complain at this. He's the sort of player we need and it's going to be a tough season with a lot of transition, we can't afford to buy a whole new team so a decent loan will be the way we'll need to go.

I'd rather we loaned from Chelsea than a club like Spurs again. We could concievably have caught Spurs, but developing Walker for them has put them well above us. We're not gonna catch Chelsea regardless.

Lukaku on loan with a permanent deal in the pipeline, yes please. Otherwise, I dont know. Would instantly sort out the powerhouse striker option without spending much I suppose.

Allowing money to be used elsewhere. But lets try for an option where, if he does well, we can make it permanent.

His record at Chelsea isnt great but his record otherwise is amazing for his age. I expect him to be one of Europes best at some point. An absolute beast.

Agree that a loan with an option to buy would be brilliant but can't see it.

Chelsea know the player is still young and has bags of potential.

His record at Chelsea isn't great?

I thought he looked okay in those 3 and a half minutes he's actually been given to play in...

Loan or otherwise, I wouldn't complain at this. He's the sort of player we need and it's going to be a tough season with a lot of transition, we can't afford to buy a whole new team so a decent loan will be the way we'll need to go.

I'd rather we loaned from Chelsea than a club like Spurs again. We could concievably have caught Spurs, but developing Walker for them has put them well above us. We're not gonna catch Chelsea regardless.

Are you seriously suggesting that the Kyle Walker loan is the sole reason that Spurs are ahead of us?