General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct it was a suggestion and a bit of banter. People need to lighten up a bit

Your so called banter is always at someone else's expense, that is the issue.

Its a speculation thread, look up what "speculation" means before you start berating people for doing it.

:evil:

Couldn't agree more.

Surprised that the mods haven't just created a separate thread for twitter rumours to keep the anti twitter brigade happy.

But there is speculation and just making shit up. Wellbeck to Villa? Come on now.

You know that, I know that and I am sure the original poster knows that too. Therefore, we chuckle and move on to trying to pick the bones out of the real interest.

What I dont do is ridicule those who post info in good faith that may or may not come to happen.

Back on topic, wheres Ron?

Correct it was a suggestion and a bit of banter. People need to lighten up a bit

Its a speculation thread, look up what "speculation" means before you start berating people for doing it.

Yeah & I've noticed that you continuosly dog my posts !!

It was banter, move on.

On Topic, is Snodgrass coming? Hope so, really hope so

By rumors that are plausible

-------------------Given

-------------Clark--------Vlaar

Lowton--------------------------Bennett

-----------El Ahmadi

------------------------N'Zonzi

N'zogbia-------------------------Holman

------------Ireland

----------------Bent

Or swap N'zonzi with ireland and sign andy carroll :P

Yeah & I've noticed that you continuosly dog my posts !!

It was banter, move on.

On Topic, is Snodgrass coming? Hope so, really hope so

Personally, I try to ignore you. But when you insist on ridiculing other posters on just about every thread I visit, its kind of hard to do. I thought you were taking a break but it seemed to last about 4 hours!

I wonder how many of those 8,000 posts have actually contributed something of interest, not many I would guess.

Anyway, back on topic. Snodgrass is a twitter rumour, therefore by definition, shite.

No one is complaining about the 'guff from twitter' being posted, but having 2 pages of people saying they would love Welbeck to sign is pointless - might as well say Messi is on his way to VP. We could at very least keep it realistic? Non?

Linked with Wellbeck on twitter as our big name signing. Would definitely take Wellback over Carroll.

You've gone down with JulieB syndrome

Take a break from Twitter FFS

You've gone down with not reading the topic title before posting syndrome. Take a break from the internet for **** sake.

You've gone down with not reading the topic title before posting syndrome. Take a break from the internet for **** sake.

It is the only transfer thread after all, and even I have to accept Twitter as a social phenomenon, but people should have the decency to write off stupid, unintelligent and utter drivel from 14 year old twits pretending to be with solid information. Reading the rumour about Welbeck and actually going on here to post it, thus vouching for some validity, is the same as admitting you are an idiot in my opinion. And by that I actually refer to its literal meaning and not as an insult, although both go hand in hand most of the times.

I was pretty negative about Twitter nonsense, especially after the Brahimi nonsense, but the whole Ron Vlaar thing was hella fun detective work, even if he doesn't sign. I was more annoyed about people who treat Twitter like it's more serious than guff and speculation, as long as it's fun then no issues.

how i rate the rumours 1 being not likely 5 been a good shout

Carroll 1.5/5 - Sadly i think he will go back to Newcastle unless they pull out of the race due to fee or wages

Berbatov 0/5 think he will take a pay day in the States, China or Russia

Owen 1/5 Prefers to get paid pots of cash for playing no games so doubt he would go somewhere where he might actually have to play (cynical I know)

Vlaar 4/5 Looking good

Danny Simpson 2.5/5 Seems a possibility but need a few more concrete links

Whittingham 1/5 Would be nice if he did come but I have a feeling he is back up if Lambert fails with other targets

Snodgrass 2/5 I think this is just down to the fact Lambert wanted him at Norwich, again think he may look at him if he fails with other targets

I think most players available in the Prem (or relegated teams) are after big pay days so it'll be a while before greedy agents have to drop demands if no-one bites.

It is the only transfer thread after all, and even I have to accept Twitter as a social phenomenon, but people should have the decency to write off stupid, unintelligent and utter drivel from 14 year old twits pretending to be with solid information. Reading the rumour about Welbeck and actually going on here to post it, thus vouching for some validity, is the same as admitting you are an idiot in my opinion. And by that I actually refer to its literal meaning and not as an insult, although both go hand in hand most of the times.

The key word in the topic title being 'guff' meaning you know rubbish. Sorry for posting something that relates to the topic and which is allowed...

Vlaar 4/5 Looking good

As for rumours, I think it is safe to say that he is a solid 5 ;) He was at Villa Park and he has said he wants his dream move. And I also concur about the fun part when actual and viable news are coming out of Twitter. However, forwarding a oneliner from a guy called "ITK Wankr" about some absurd rumour is the equivalent of quoting tribalfootball, even worse actually.

The key word in the topic title being 'guff' meaning you know rubbish. Sorry for posting something that relates to the topic and which is allowed...

Actually, I think you are mistaken again. The word included is clearly an unsubtle way of telling the users that Twitter is allowed but not very appreciated. Thus guff, because 99% of it is not worth being posted on here and insults everyone's intelligence. So think again before you post stuff that even my dog would know to be rubbish.