General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A goal from a corner in there :shock:

I don't understand.

Let me help. You see, occasionally, when awarded a corner, a team will assign a player to send in a ball that a member of the same team can intercept and put into the opposing team's goal, either with his head or with his boot. As a fellow Villa fan I found this hard to believe at first, but the person who told me about it assured me it does happen.

quite exciting for a Sunday...

I dont know anything about Vlaar but it appears he'd be worth a shot if the fee is relatively small...

and thank you to all those posters who thought that was De Jong being shown around Villa Park...

absolute comedy gold

Very impresive detective work it seems no press or ITK have got a sniff yet.

Not even Kendrick, Nursey or Abraham. Not a peep. No ITK is ITK at the minute IMO.

I'm surprised this is still lost on some people.

Kendrick and Abrahams in particular ONLY report thing the club wants them to report. Technically, they're not "ITK". The "ITK" stuff we hear from them is intentionally fed to them by the club. As in, Faulkner.

Not so sure about Nursey. Isn't he just a bottom feeder?

He turns like a truck when up against Ronaldo, pretty sure JT and Vidic would turn like a truck too!

am sure i saw Meirieles and Postiga bomb past him a few times, they are hardly Usain Bolt in pace department

Very impresive detective work it seems no press or ITK have got a sniff yet.

Not even Kendrick, Nursey or Abraham. Not a peep. No ITK is ITK at the minute IMO.

I'm surprised this is still lost on some people.

Kendrick and Abrahams in particular ONLY report thing the club wants them to report. Technically, they're not "ITK". The "ITK" stuff we hear from them is intentionally fed to them by the club. As in, Faulkner.

Not so sure about Nursey. Isn't he just a bottom feeder?

No I get the journos are only told what the club want them to report, my comment about ITK's was a general comment about all the people on twitter and on here haven't got a single thing right so far.

I don't understand.

Let me help. You see, occasionally, when awarded a corner, a team will assign a player to send in a ball that a member of the same team can intercept and put into the opposing team's goal, either with his head or with his boot. As a fellow Villa fan I found this hard to believe at first, but the person who told me about it assured me it does happen.

:suspect:

So the guy taking a pic is Ron Vlaar but what about the other picture with PL in the tunnel. Are any of those guys players or just agents?

Guy in the blue shirt we expect is his agent, the other bald lad I assume is his father.

I don't understand.

:suspect:

Apparently we haven't scored from a corner this decade.

aparently It's on the Feyenoord OS that he could follow El Ahmadi's Path to Villa!!!! :)
If it is on their OS then this would worry me. Especially if it says 'looks like'... Could have a Wigan type situation where the club score brownie points if he stayed and rejected us. Don't think they would put anything like this on the OS as it's speculation. Should hear stuff early tomorrow, especially if he is on the plane to the US! :)